Hat At Mgm

markymark

I don't know if anyone realises this, but there is an Earful Tower already built at Disney Studios Paris (Note not MGM). I understand that the tower will be the icon for the new park. Perhaps the Sorcerer hat is the new icon at The Studios because they want to differentiate between the different studios parks.

Goofster

I doubt it, if they wanted different icons then they probably wouldn't have built so many castles. Besides, one of them says Disney-MGM Studios on it, and the other says Disney Studios Paris.

jazcatsnh

Does anyone know when or if the MGM name is leaving? At the beginning of the year I received a video from disney (for trip planning) and it called it Disney Studios. Sometimes their website calls it that and others Disney-MGM. When are they going to pick one. Anyone know?

MouseRight

I was at DW last week. On the way out of MGM one night, I was speaking to a manager. He said the lateset rumor is that the MGM name is not going away. He also said that they have plans for how to reconcile the hat blocking the chinese theatre. Very vague, but that is what he said.

You know sometimes I get the feeling when talking to the CM's, and managers at DW, that they are part of the effort to keep the real info secret. Sort of a cat and mouse (pun intended) game to keep us devoted fans talking about Disney.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by MouseRight
I was at DW last week. On the way out of MGM one night, I was speaking to a manager. He said the lateset rumor is that the MGM name is not going away. He also said that they have plans for how to reconcile the hat blocking the chinese theatre. Very vague, but that is what he said.

You know sometimes I get the feeling when talking to the CM's, and managers at DW, that they are part of the effort to keep the real info secret. Sort of a cat and mouse (pun intended) game to keep us devoted fans talking about Disney.

next time tell him to give you the info u give him a butt kicking lol

:)

djronnieb

LaffnStock said:
Of course they put it right there for a reason! GMR will no longer exist the SECOND MGM ends its deal with Disney. There is just too much MGM stuff inside. That's when they will start on the new GMR. Who knows what it will be. I don't think Disney knows at this point. But they want something major. Maybe this is where they are planning to do the Disney version of Spider-man that they want so desperately.

I just don't see the hat being the "permanent" icon for Disney. Once the GMR gets the new ride inside, that thing has to move. Putting it near Fantasmic would be cool, but they would never block ToT with it. Maybe they should block that hideous RnRC! LOL

Besides, if the hat disappears when the new GMR opens, then they can sell all of their Sorceror Hat merchandise like mad!

so much for that....

Goofster

Wow good times, that was back in the day, I was like...a freshman in high school. Too bad I haven't really matured much since then. It's kind of fun to pointlessly bring back old threads and reminisce. I'd love to be able to remember what this forum looked like back in the stone age during the turn of the century.

JeffKatzenburg

I hear they are changing the castle into a birthday cake for the 25th anniversary...Is this true?

Oh wait...yes, here it is...the memo i lost a several years back...nevermind...:hammer:

"Yes, i know my name is mispelled...What are you gonna do? Fire me?"

Fantasia Hat Icon=Abomination

DDPGambit

I hate that hat. It just feels so out of place. I'm all for adding Mickey influences, but between the hat and the Epcot wand, I'm losing my sanity!

justducky78

The hat needs to go! Although, I KNOW, it's probably here to stay.

I always think of the tower when I think of MGM (I can't get used to calling it Disney Studios) and when my husband and I first saw the hat, thought it looked so out of place. I wish it would go.

And, I too, love the Great Movie Ride!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom