Hat At Mgm

JAY-ROD

the hat and brim is done but they still have some nic nacks to do on the hat i'm sure and they are working on the hand right now.

markymark

I really don't like the way the hat is blocking out the Chinese Theatre. I think the Studios have lost a lost of character by putting it there. I think the hat itself is fine, but just in the wrong place.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by markymark
I really don't like the way the hat is blocking out the Chinese Theatre. I think the Studios have lost a lost of character by putting it there. I think the hat itself is fine, but just in the wrong place.

ur right about the spot its in. but to me it makes me thinks twice about the gmr. its been rumored for a replacement of such. I'm not sayinn gmr is being replaced by the hat just another ride might be in the works for gmr

markymark

Yeah but it's still a focal point for you to aim for when you first go in to the park. I think the Chinese Theatre looks fabulous, and for me, its just a shame that it is blocked out of view.

JAY-ROD

Yeah but it's still a focal point for you to aim for when you first go in to the park. I think the Chinese Theatre looks fabulous, and for me, its just a shame that it is blocked out of view.

well maybe the theater is going to go through a major rehab inside and hat. i'm not saying anytime soon but maybe in the near future

markymark

Don't quite get what you are saying :confused: But I think the hat is going to be used to sell Disney pins, and is nothing to do with the GMR.

JAY-ROD

Don't quite get what you are saying :confused: But I think the hat is going to be used to sell Disney pins, and is nothing to do with the GMR.

only thing i'm trying to say is the theater looks horrible behind the hat. so they might change the looks of the theater to blend in with the hat. who knows!!

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree that the hat is in the wrong place. Didn't anyone think about how it would look before they built it? A lot of design went into the theater, I also thought it made a great focal point, and now it's blocked. What a waste!

I think that the hat is most definitely in the wrong place. It should have been built as the entrance to Fantasmic. During the day it could have been the major pin selling station for MGM and at night everyone could walk through to get to and from Fantasmic. The placement destroyed the whole I'm in Hollywood real movie studios feel that MGM first presented you when you entered the park. Now it's going to be like wow, I'm looking straight at a hat, boy now I really feel like I'm in Hollywood. As far as job cuts---the person who came up with this brilliant idea needs to go first! :mad:

Frankcub

I too have recently been to WDW and have heard that the last of the merchandise with the Tower logo is to be sold by October (maybe sooner). Does anyone know if the Theatre is to be rehabed?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Frankcub
I too have recently been to WDW and have heard that the last of the merchandise with the Tower logo is to be sold by October (maybe sooner). Does anyone know if the Theatre is to be rehabed?

well its been rumored for the last 2 years over a mahor rehab.and with the hat right in front of it. who knows whats next. :-0

LaffnStock

Of course they put it right there for a reason! GMR will no longer exist the SECOND MGM ends its deal with Disney. There is just too much MGM stuff inside. That's when they will start on the new GMR. Who knows what it will be. I don't think Disney knows at this point. But they want something major. Maybe this is where they are planning to do the Disney version of Spider-man that they want so desperately.

I just don't see the hat being the "permanent" icon for Disney. Once the GMR gets the new ride inside, that thing has to move. Putting it near Fantasmic would be cool, but they would never block ToT with it. Maybe they should block that hideous RnRC! LOL

Besides, if the hat disappears when the new GMR opens, then they can sell all of their Sorceror Hat merchandise like mad!

JAY-ROD

[I don't think Disney knows at this point. But they want something major. Maybe this is where they are planning to do the Disney version of Spider-man that they want so desperately.

You Know your spiderman theory had me thinking( Oh my god thats a scary thought) Both GMR and spiderman are on tracks. Does anybody know what the track diffrence is in these rides. I know GMR has a wider track and would have to shorten the width of it. But really could these be a attraction that would be hard to build? Did Universal have someone create the techology for this ride or did they do it themselves. If the spidy type ride was given the green light. what would be the story. U can answer that in the imaigneer section of the forums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom