Has Rivers of Light been permantly scrapped?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"funny" as in Ha Ha or "funny" as in unusual? You know, sometimes there is questionable smoking nearby.

We have seen vehicles guided by buried cables. Would this be a cheaper alternative in getting a location fix?

That would be expensive with a capital E, Most factories which use magnetic guidelines are built from ground up to support such systems I cant even imagine what it would cost to retrofit a waterway with them.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
My personal opinion is that the executives within Parks and Resorts view Florida as an ATM, in that the revenue and the guests will always come not matter what they do or don't do. They can completely ignore Florida and take as long as they want to improve the property and they feel the guests will always come in record numbers, with record profits.

Of course, that strategy doesnt build a long term audience.

Until of course the guests do not come as is rumored to be happening now.

Kamikaze

Wait a minute. When you aren't posting on here you're not by any chance sporting orange hair and are, self admittedly, wealthy are you? Cause there seems to be others that answer questions exactly the same way.

No idea who you are referring to. Whoever it is, I'm not them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So far it is only delayed by about a month. I would keep the pitchforks in the barn a little longer.

Disney announced the opening was April 22nd, so it is now almost 3 months delayed. Yes, I know they originally said Spring 2016, but since they revised to an actual date I think it's fair to count the delay from that date.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Crowds are down to around 2008-2009 levels is what I've been told. There's a long way to fall still.... But it's a bad trend.
But that isn't what people that are there now and in the last few weeks are reporting. And they are actually there. They are saying that crowds are a bit lower, but not much.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
One sign that the show has been scrapped an extremely large fenced in area on top of a gigantic 70' x 120' pallet that has all the boats, floating hyacinths in a bucket (can't remember what the flowers were), etc. placed within its confines. Further, a large sign has been placed on this that reads, "Recyclables for Reedy Creek Improvement District trash pick up guys". I wouldn't read too much into this though.

Variable

One sign that the show has been scrapped an extremely large fenced in area on top of a gigantic 70' x 120' pallet that has all the boats, floating hyacinths in a bucket (can't remember what the flowers were), etc. placed within its confines. Further, a large sign has been placed on this that reads, "Recyclables for Reedy Creek Improvement District trash pick up guys". I wouldn't read too much into this though.

That's TWO signs

NormC

Disney announced the opening was April 22nd, so it is now almost 3 months delayed. Yes, I know they originally said Spring 2016, but since they revised to an actual date I think it's fair to count the delay from that date.
Thanks, I never saw an actual date. Everything I read said Spring 2016 which as we know from Disney usually means maybe around Memorial day and before first day of summer. Still not a big delay.

Goofyernmost

Folks, the economy is not good.
Ours still is OK, contrary to what some might want you to believe, however, it's talk like that that will cause people to be a little more cautious about spending. Also, anyone that has done any research, especially on the Disney Boards know that everything is a mess, massive numbers of attractions are either broken or not working, trash cans are overflowing, the streets are covered with litter, bathrooms have all been condemned by the board of health. Oh, yea, and you can't get cinnamon buns at the Main Street bakery anymore. Prices are obscene and someone should be jailed due to the outrageous cost of snacks. And then there is the Guardians thing going into ToT. Did I forget to mention the massive Alligator invasion that has kept the gators terrorizing and the guest census declining?

Variable

Ours still is OK, contrary to what some might want you to believe, however, it's talk like that that will cause people to be a little more cautious about spending. Also, anyone that has done any research, especially on the Disney Boards know that everything is a mess, massive numbers of attractions are either broken or not working, trash cans are overflowing, the streets are covered with litter, bathrooms have all been condemned by the board of health. Oh, yea, and you can't get cinnamon buns at the Main Street bakery anymore. Prices are obscene and someone should be jailed due to the outrageous cost of snacks. And then there is the Guardians thing going into ToT. Did I forget to mention the massive Alligator invasion that has kept the gators terrorizing and the guest census declining?

Yeah I heard the rolls at Gastons have lime jelly or something on them now instead of the gray stuff from MSB Must have just happened.

Wait, what, guardians what????

/looks around for thread start thingy..

Jk

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Thanks, I never saw an actual date. Everything I read said Spring 2016 which as we know from Disney usually means maybe around Memorial day and before first day of summer. Still not a big delay.

And here it is mid July with nary a peep from the Mouse...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom