Has Rivers of Light been permantly scrapped?

peter11435

I actually do know that it isn't happening.

You don't have to be a CM to know things. Especially little specific things such as this.

The same reason as everything else. Money. The later closing means they'd be paying a lot more in terms of OT.

But you've yet to say how you know testing isn't happening. Do you have friends that are working on the show? Do you have contacts that are contractors working on the infrastructure?

Just because the park is open until 11 doesn't mean testing can't happen overnight. And just because you haven't seen pictures of testing doesn't mean it isn't happening.

And the later closing shouldn't have much of an effect on OT. They were already doing overnight testing before the delay. The overnight testing now would just be for fewer hours.

PhotoDave219

Conversely, much of DCA was ripped up for Cars Land. Linked to @WDW1974 's most recent thread, is this a West vs. East Coast thing?

My personal opinion is that the executives within Parks and Resorts view Florida as an ATM, in that the revenue and the guests will always come not matter what they do or don't do. They can completely ignore Florida and take as long as they want to improve the property and they feel the guests will always come in record numbers, with record profits.

Of course, that strategy doesnt build a long term audience.

Disneyhead'71

I'm sick of the idiotic conjecture around Rivers of Light, personally. There is some serious mental delusion if any of you think Disney has permanently scrapped this show. I'm dumbfounded as to why this delays has been treated like some conspiracy. Such a travesty that common logic is quickly fleeting in today's world.
The problem is some idiot thought it would be as simple as programming a wireless vehicle to follow a simple preprogrammed pattern.....

on water.....in the open wind.

So they got this! As soon as they can figure out how to preprogram for the constantly variable wind conditions, they will open it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Not to belittle the subject at hand, but I'm just super thrilled to be enjoying AK at night again. I think the last time we were there and they were open at dark was either 2009(December) or 2011(September). Love that place after dark!

I remember a funny smell riding Everest though....maybe from something they were spraying on the vegetation? lol

Kamikaze

But you've yet to say how you know testing isn't happening. Do you have friends that are working on the show? Do you have contacts that are contractors working on the infrastructure?

Won't say, sorry. I don't really care if you believe it or not, TBH. But it is accurate.

Just because the park is open until 11 doesn't mean testing can't happen overnight. And just because you haven't seen pictures of testing doesn't mean it isn't happening.

And the later closing shouldn't have much of an effect on OT. They were already doing overnight testing before the delay. The overnight testing now would just be for fewer hours.

There are MORE OT hours paid to people doing nothing but sit around and wait for the park to empty. If they closed two hours earlier, thats two less OT hours per person per night of testing.

They were NOT doing overnight testing once the park went to late hours.

mergatroid

You don't have to be a CM to know things. Especially little specific things such as this.

The same reason as everything else. Money. The later closing means they'd be paying a lot more in terms of OT.

If that genuinely is the case then I apologise for assuming you were making an educated guess. To be 100% honest the 'tone' of some of your posts seemed a tad rude to others, maybe that's just my perception though? So if you're right and they won't test when the park closes at 11pm it means we'll have longer to wait for ROL which is a shame.

mergatroid

Won't say, sorry. I don't really care if you believe it or not, TBH. But it is accurate.

There are MORE OT hours paid to people doing nothing but sit around and wait for the park to empty. If they closed two hours earlier, thats two less OT hours per person per night of testing.

They were NOT doing overnight testing once the park went to late hours.

Why not just have them turn up 2 hours later?

Variable

This continual talk of it being scrapped is kinda crazy.

Before the days of us micro analyzing everything on the internet, theme park projects were routinely delayed by months and even years. RoL missing its Spring 2016 opening is not even scratching the surface of a major delay compared to other projects.

Shhh! Hush now, your ruining the immersion! :angelic:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The problem is some idiot thought it would be as simple as programming a wireless vehicle to follow a simple preprogrammed pattern.....

on water.....in the open wind.

So they got this! As soon as they can figure out how to preprogram for the constantly variable wind conditions, they will open it.

It's not hard to do it's the basis for every UAV and marine autopilot in existence, Take fix using Inertial,GPS or Star tracker, compare actual course track to desired course track and apply force vector to correct course and do this as fast as you can. Now of course you need thrusters large enough to ovecome the wind loading on the superstructure and also to counter the thrust from the water jets (Newton's first law).

Goofyernmost

Wait a minute. When you aren't posting on here you're not by any chance sporting orange hair and are, self admittedly, wealthy are you? Cause there seems to be others that answer questions exactly the same way.
Last I knew OT is based on hours worked and not what time of day it is. Nighttime is nothing more than daytime with less natural lighting. If they have other things to do, when do they get those things done if they have to start earlier in AK on ROL?

MaryJaneP

I remember a funny smell riding Everest though....maybe from something they were spraying on the vegetation? lol

"funny" as in Ha Ha or "funny" as in unusual? You know, sometimes there is questionable smoking nearby.

It's not hard to do it's the basis for every UAV and marine autopilot in existence, Take fix using Inertial,GPS or Star tracker, compare actual course track to desired course track and apply force vector to correct course and do this as fast as you can. Now of course you need thrusters large enough to ovecome the wind loading on the superstructure and also to counter the thrust from the water jets (Newton's first law).

We have seen vehicles guided by buried cables. Would this be a cheaper alternative in getting a location fix?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
"funny" as in Ha Ha or "funny" as in unusual? You know, sometimes there is questionable smoking nearby.

Funny as in unusual. Definitely wasn't smoking. You could smell it on the rides. Pretty sure it had something to do with the vegetation. This was quite a few years ago though...2009 maybe??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom