Has DVC Stalled the Parks and Created Complacency in TDO?

ptdreher

They factually happened, but you stated them as factually less, or reduced. That is a value judgement, not a fact. I never said JII was better. I said I liked it better. I never said the wand was an improvement. I said I liked it at the time. I never said SSE's descent was better. I never even said I liked it better. I said many guests like it and enjoy it. The distinction is I understand the difference in my liking something and it being empirically better or worse.

None of those things are worse, you just don't like them. Because WDW isn't catering to your tastes doesn't mean it is failing. This is especially true when many, many guests really like some of those changes. The one thing I can say empirically is there is a much greater variety of experiences at WDW today than in the past. That may not be a positive development for you but it is for me on two fronts. I enjoy the wide array of activities. I like big thrills and interactive rides. I like big shows and amazing technology. I love getting my picture taken with characters. I love a good all-you-can-eat buffet and a fine meal at a signature restaurant.

Even more I love that WDW can appeal to so many people and everyone have a different favorite. I love that for some it is a Stitch hot dog fart and for others it is a round of golf. I am actually moved to tears when I am getting my haircut at the barber shop and the little girl in the next chair getting her first haircut and prepping for BBB is very concerned that she gets the right princess shoes. I am also moved when I see an elderly couple holding hands and snuggling as they sit on a quiet bench at SS. I am just as excited as the little guy dancing because he just got Mickey's autograph. These things all happened to me on my last few visits.

In years pasts I had a cast member send Pooh over with a snow globe for my wife because we were celebrating our anniversary. It didn't appear on my dinner bill and I never asked for it. The hostess just did it. My family got to ride in the AK parade because we were chatting with a cast member and he thought we were so in the spirit he got us in the parade. I had an argument with a flight attendant on my way to WDW and when we checked-in at AKL I was still visibly upset. The cast member that helped us asked if everything was ok and I told her I'd had a bad experience on my flight. I stressed it had nothing to do with WDW. When I got back from lunch there was a fruit basket and personal note wishing me a great stay in my room.

All of these things happened in the last few years not some golden age in the past. I am constantly amazed at the level of service I get and the magic I experience.

I'm done arguing. The naysayers have written there story and will never be happy.

But I want to share one final piece of wisdom another Disney fan shared with me. If you open yourself to the Magic, the magic will open for you. I think the inverse is also true. If you go looking for burned out bulbs you will find burned out bulbs. Maybe, just possibly, WDW hasn't changed in the last twenty years as much as some of the posters on here here have.
Clearly, you still get it. I'm done with this thread because you just summed it up perfectly. If I am ever in WDW when you are there, I would like to buy you a drink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom