Has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR FAMILIES WDW Attendance?

How has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR Attendance

• No effect. Absorbed all price changes without changing itineraries and are content with atmosphere

Votes: 82 18.1%
  • No effect yet. However, recent changes have us planning to reduce our WDW spending.

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Attendance the same, but we have cut back on ADR's, hotel quality/location, etc.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go less often, but still splurge when we do go.

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go just once, but still splurge.

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we go every other year.

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go every once in a while. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • We used to have higher tier passes. Now we have lower tier passes.

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • We used to have passes. Now we don't have passes.

Votes: 86 18.9%

• Total voters

jimbaker84

Just quoted a June 2020 stay at CBR same week/length/tickets ect. at $830 more than our 2019 stay, and we didn't have any discounts available then either. A small increase is one thing, but that's a big increase for 3 ppl, can't picture what increases a larger family would see. DH has already suggested we skip a few years.
Absolutely crazy increase, i am assuming that this is because of the introduction of the Skyliner they now believe the resort merit's a higher price point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. I feel like I was personally being attacked for sharing the opposite opinion with some people that frequent these threads. I wish that it didnt happen. The people that have been here repeated try to bully new users with their narrative. If you dont agree, they team up on the newer users like Nadertron and sirwalter did to me and the other people that didnt agree with logic while providing facts to back our opinions. I wish they would be more accepting of differing opnions and not just the old way of thinking they are always right because they have been posting for years.
“New users” are generally treated with a clean slate of respect...throwing knives and darts in every thread and comment is what changes that dynamic. If you don’t want to argue...then don’t start the argument. That is guaranteed to work 100% of the time.
I'll be perfectly honest with you, if i came across as bullying to you yesterday, then i'll apologize, and if i did, it was because i was put off with the way you talked to me. I offered an opinion on something, and you came across as if i was just stupid, wrong, and didnt have the right to say what i said.

I dont know how long i've been a member here, but i dont post often, i have less than 50 posts on this forum.

It's like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it.
that’s what he/they always do. There are records of these threads that can be looked at and forensics can trace the first/worst shots. It’s all there.
In other words, all you have is your personal attacks. Sad and pitiful.
And here we are back passing Go Again.

You want others to lay down/change their habits - which I can fully agree with because it’s gotten silly - with zero admission that it’s a two way street. And that’s not even getting into instigation.

I’ll try to do better...you(s) should do the same. Evolution.

eliza61nyc

Doesn't anyone use the ignore function?? Lol it's a wonderful little tool.
;);)

Also I noticed that threads sort of have expiration dates, and I have no scientific data to say positively but usually the longer a thread goes on, the more it drifts and the propensity for degrading increases.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doesn't anyone use the ignore function?? Lol it's a wonderful little tool.
;);)
This one is a textbook case of launching the war/attacks and then playing the victim, Liz.

As in Merriam Webster’s....

For my part in it, I scold myself and admit my mistakes. But I always do that when it gets out of control.

That is not being reciprocated here. Again - the posts are there.

John park hopper

We were thinking of going in early 2022 for the 50th anniversary, it will also be our 45th wedding anniversary. I hate to think what the prices will be then. If they continue the ever increasing price hikes --there will be no 2022 trip

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
2019 standard view Sunday-Thursday rack rate $237, $262 Friday & Saturday. 2020 same room $281 & $310 according to Mousesavers, Skyliner isn't worth that much of an increase IMO

I was told years ago by pro-Disney experts on DIS that they weren’t gonna jack the rates of those motels due to the ski lift.

It must have been true...so I don’t believe you 🤪

Disney.Mike

None of that actually changes where people stand with regard to income bands. People defined as upper class are still at the very top, with the vast majority of other people living off far less than they are.

Actually it changes everything about where people stand. If 150k was the threshold to "upper class" in say 2000 you cant claim 150k is still the threshold if it only offers 70% of the purchasing power it did 20 years ago. Either A) income bands have to be adjusted accordingly or B) you have to redefine (downward) the purchasing power to be considered upper class.

I can get behind those salaries being upper class if thats what you "take home" but not gross pay. I understand alot of these researchers (not PEW specifically) are state employees with Cadillac insurance plans and pensions so they don't have to see 30k of their salary ate away every year between retirement and healthcare.

So like I said, I barely pass the listed base for a family of 5, but I only take home about 58% of my gross salary. That is not truly "upper class". A Bell Curve should have the top 10% as upper class and the bottom 10% of lower class, with 80% being somewhere in the middle class.... not that 80% of people are really middle class

carnini

We go to the parks less. Was there last week for MNSSHP and only went to that while in the past would have gone to another park. Prices going up across the board means we spend less when going to the parks. Stay in value not instead of moderates , this past time offsite due to a great nice hotel deal. We use Prime Now to have things delivered to the room, less then $3 for a case of water vs $3.50 a bottle in park. Even my kids, who are getting older, notice the pricing and cost of things in the parks.

Last edited:

EthylCooper

Entertainment cuts had already dropped us from a 4 times a year annual pass family to a one trip every couple of years family. The price increases would have cut us out completely about 4 or 5 years ago, if we weren't eligible for Military Salute. With those, we still sort of feel like we're getting our money's worth. Without that, we would just be a Six Flags and occasional Halloween Horror Night family, and probably not ever touch a Disney park again.

If you had told me 15 years ago if there would ever be a time that I wouldn't be interested in going to The World, I'd have thought you insane. Then they closed the Adventurers Club and doubled the prices. 😏

Magic_Mike

We don't go as often as we used to when we first moved to Florida as it's just too busy!!! Obviously the pricing changes are not affecting attendance to the parks in any way, shape or form. Touring plans even had to change their 1 to 10 scores in 2017 to reflect this new busier reality. It used to be great going on days listed as a 1, but that is now really as busy as their prior days listed as a 3 or so. Our cutoff was about a 5 in deciding to go or not. Seems WDW would have to really jack the prices to affect attendance in any big way. I don't want that as the annual passes are getting crazy, especially considering we're not going as much due to crowds.

VaderTron

Original Poster
Update: At the 300 voters mark of the suggested 400 voter minimum to make the poll 'valid', the numbers are similar to where they were at 100 votes. In fact, the numbers are showing that 80 percent of voters have reduced the way they attend or spend at WDW because of increased prices and/or decreased value due to atmosphere cuts. Wow. I knew I wasn't alone in being affected by this downward spiral Disney management has been sending the parks in, but I figured there would be way less among the Disney faithful. If we haven't passed the tipping point yet, we have to be really close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom