Has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR FAMILIES WDW Attendance?

How has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR Attendance

• No effect. Absorbed all price changes without changing itineraries and are content with atmosphere

Votes: 82 18.1%
  • No effect yet. However, recent changes have us planning to reduce our WDW spending.

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Attendance the same, but we have cut back on ADR's, hotel quality/location, etc.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go less often, but still splurge when we do go.

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go just once, but still splurge.

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we go every other year.

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go every once in a while. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • We used to have higher tier passes. Now we have lower tier passes.

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • We used to have passes. Now we don't have passes.

Votes: 86 18.9%

• Total voters

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
We sold our DVC points, got rid of our annual passes, and now stay offsite @ Bonnet Creek.
The Disney vacations are just not as enjoyable as they once were - fast pass changes, dining plan pay more for less, maintenance, cast members are just not the same. That, even more than money issues have impacted our WDW vacations. Disney employees used to be smiling, helpful, polite, and considerate. The past few trips we saw and heard CMs arguing across stores, they were behind a desk reading books while we and others were waiting with questions. The worst was on our last trip, we pulled into the Poly about 10:30 pm. No cars ahead of us. We waited between 15 -20 minutes for luggage help and the valet. The CMs were right there talking amongst themselves. My daughter finally got out of the car and went to ask them for help. After about an hour of getting to our room and unpacking, she and her wife went to tour the resort because her wife had never been to Disney World. They went to where we pulled in and our car was still there with the motor running and the windows down! First thing the next morning I checked us out and we went to Bonnet Creek. I mean come on, $600/night (crazy money for a hotel room) and pitiful service. There is no way I would put up with that at any hotel, Disney or not.

philcan

We go everyother year or so. Though the last trip we spent a lot less on stuff than ever before. That was more because I refused to pay inflated prices for trinkets. Though the money gouge has really turned us off from Disney so it will likely be seveal years before the next trip. I saw service decline as the prices went up & we stay on property & do meal plans. That all made me rethink vacation destinations.Hoipe it was worth making semi loyal customers into meh customers.

Chi84

Premium Member
I'm sure I'll regret posting this.... The above statement is incorrect. According to your fields (and since you were very set on the "yet" portion of your answer), 18.9% have said there is no effect YET. 20.2% answered no effect at all.
You are being too picky. No matter what your personal feelings are toward this poll, I’m sure it accurately reflects the responses of the people who answered it, and that the Disney personnel charged with analyzing it are every bit as concerned about the results as I am.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are being too picky. No matter what your personal feelings are toward this poll, I’m sure it accurately reflects the responses of the people who answered it, and that the Disney personnel charged with analyzing it are every bit as concerned about the results as I am.
I wouldn’t take it as “definitive” by any stretch...but definitely consider it representative.

Like it or not...there has been increasing chatter all over the place about the price and value of Disney. Every move they make gets covered more and more by national publications. They are under the microscope. Not just here at wdwmagicaldisboardintercotmiceage

PixarPerfect

Probably so. It does change the picture, though. 80% vs. 60%.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Where is that ignore button?
A8C46E6B-A224-47F3-AFD5-54AB6D2E074B.jpeg

VaderTron

Original Poster
Yes, thank you for that completely random and off-point comment. It has no reference to my post. Do you get a per post / day payment or something?
One of the main points of this thread is how attendance is being affected going forward. Discussing how Disney Corp would view a drop in attendance is very much part of the point. Please stay on topic or move the discussion to another thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

VaderTron

Original Poster
I'm sure I'll regret posting this.... The above statement is incorrect. According to your fields (and since you were very set on the "yet" portion of your answer), 18.9% have said there is no effect YET. 20.2% answered no effect at all.

I'll try explaining it one more time.

20% of people say there has not been any effect to their spending/attending up to this point AND for the foreseeable future. All other voters, or 80%, say that they already have changed their spending/attending up to this point OR they are adjusting there spending/attending from this point forward due to the pricing increases and/or atmosphere reductions.

You don't have to agree, however this isn't a viewpoint. It's a fact. Facts are ignored all the time. That is your choice. But I wanted you to have every chance of understanding what you seem to be missing.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll throw another shrimp on this Barbie...

I will say that I don’t quote OW or OBJ at all...and therefore huge grain of salt. But there is a lot of data and observation to digest in the following article. Some fascinating quotes from the DISmaster too

VaderTron

Original Poster
I’ll throw another shrimp on this Barbie...

I will say that I don’t quote OW or OBJ at all...and therefore huge grain of salt. But there is a lot of data and observation to digest in the following article. Some fascinating quotes from the DISmaster too

Yeah I saw that the other day. Nothing but more narrative to support conclusions we have already reached first hand from hundreds of votes/comments right here.

Chi84

Premium Member
I'll try explaining it one more time.

20% of people say there has not been any effect to their spending/attending up to this point AND for the foreseeable future. All other voters, or 80%, say that they already have changed their spending/attending up to this point OR they are adjusting there spending/attending from this point forward due to the pricing increases and/or atmosphere reductions.

You don't have to agree, however this isn't a viewpoint. It's a fact. Facts are ignored all the time. That is your choice. But I wanted you to have every chance of understanding what you seem to be missing.
Another fact is that this “poll” is a set of questions made up by a random person on a Disney fan site. I don’t pretend to know all the criteria of a valid poll but I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t meet them. I wish it did have some predictive value because, in my opinion, the main decrease in atmosphere is caused by too many people in the parks.

And I suspect the folks “liking” post #383 haven’t really read it.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Another fact is that this “poll” is a set of questions made up by a random person on a Disney fan site. I don’t pretend to know all the criteria of a valid poll but I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t meet them. I wish it did have some predictive value because, in my opinion, the main decrease in atmosphere is caused by too many people in the parks.
Good points...not exactly “random sampling”...for sure.

Though I gotta wonder...aren’t people on Disney boards LESS likely to be impacted by prices increases due to loyalty than non frequent travelers making a simple cost based analysis??

We don’t tend to seriously look at alternatives here

VaderTron

Original Poster
Yes, these questions were asked on a Disney fan site. So, regardless of the propriety of the poll it posed questions to one of the most pro-Disney groups around. You are getting clear answers from over 300 people who have been to WDW multiple times over the years and love it. You can't get that strong of a concentration by polling a random group of people. I live in Florida and know plenty of people who have never been to WDW and those who don't like it. Should we include them to make this poll more realistic? Or do we need to comb through thousands of randomly selected people to find those who actually have gone to WDW more than once and enjoyed it? Isn't that kinda what we did by asking the people on this forum?

VaderTron

Original Poster

We read it, we just imputed good motives to you, that you were concerned and not being sarcastic. That's our bad. We should have known better. (Hope you don't mind me speaking for your @Sirwalterraleigh )

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck

It doesn't matter if this is a scientific poll. Our opinions matter. We support or have supported Disney in the past and we may or may not in the future. People on these boards have been loyal to Disney. If you're loyal to a brand and then feel that this brand pulls the rug, do you still support that brand? I don't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom