Has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR FAMILIES WDW Attendance?

How has Disney Pricing Increases/Atmosphere Cuts Altered YOUR Attendance

• No effect. Absorbed all price changes without changing itineraries and are content with atmosphere

Votes: 82 18.1%
  • No effect yet. However, recent changes have us planning to reduce our WDW spending.

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Attendance the same, but we have cut back on ADR's, hotel quality/location, etc.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go less often, but still splurge when we do go.

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • We used to go more than once a year. Now we go just once, but still splurge.

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we go every other year.

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • We used to go at least once a year. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • We used to go every once in a while. Now we don't plan to go at all.

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • We used to have higher tier passes. Now we have lower tier passes.

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • We used to have passes. Now we don't have passes.

Votes: 86 18.9%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe, but I still kind of suspect you didn't really read it. I shouldn't have posted it - added nothing of value.
Nope...I’m from the sarcasm zone of the country...picked it up on radar before the plane even took off.

Realizing this discussion has been going on for days and patterns are easily detectable as well

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It doesn't matter if this is a scientific poll. Our opinions matter. We support or have supported Disney in the past and we may or may not in the future. People on these boards have been loyal to Disney. If you're loyal to a brand and then feel that this brand pulls the rug, do you still support that brand? I don't.
I think the fact that the majority of people here are Disney lovers...but express it very differently...actually makes the pattern more alarming.

Collectively, we are more likely to overpay still than the mass audience - which Disney needs - and has little emotional pull or sentimental loyalty.

Chi84

Premium Member
Nope...I’m from the sarcasm zone of the country...picked it up on radar before the plane even took off.

Realizing this discussion has been going on for days and patterns are easily detectable as well
This country has a sarcasm zone? Where is it - I may have to move. Provided there's no skills test I would have to pass.

bjlc57

i will tell you that we came within a week of giving Disney close to $7000 of our money.. that we were going to buy a SEASON PASS and go twice in 11 months .. next May and the following april or march.. and then they "dropped the bomb " ( Animal House 1978 109 min) .. by raising the annual pass and that they say , was the end of that .. and We should be going to WDW for the 50th.. but ..who knows.. things change. in fact I am to the point where as I may back out of coming here for the next year or so or cutting way back.. because right now.. Disney has blown the Pixie dust off of me .. and a lot of the magic has left me and my heart.. too much corporate greed.. they have gone over the top.. and its gonna have to take some time for them to get back to where Disney was " worth the money.."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
i will tell you that we came within a week of giving Disney close to $7000 of our money.. that we were going to buy a SEASON PASS and go twice in 11 months .. next May and the following april or march.. and then they "dropped the bomb " ( Animal House 1978 109 min) .. by raising the annual pass and that they say , was the end of that .. and We should be going to WDW for the 50th.. but ..who knows.. things change. in fact I am to the point where as I may back out of coming here for the next year or so or cutting way back.. because right now.. Disney has blown the Pixie dust off of me .. and a lot of the magic has left me and my heart.. too much corporate greed.. they have gone over the top.. and its gonna have to take some time for them to get back to where Disney was " worth the money.."
Lol...the bomb was on my birthday

bUU

Actually it changes everything about where people stand.
That's nonsense. The definition is relative, and remains relative. You're twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to avoid admitting that being labeled upper class puts you in a position where you're twice as well-off as the average.

This is how people blind themselves to their privilege in our society: By denying even basic mathematics.

bUU

The minimum number of respondents for significance of poll results related to WDW parks would be close to 400, and that's (again) only if they're a random sampling.
Update: At the 300 voters mark of the suggested 400 voter minimum to make the poll 'valid'
So basically your tactic for fostering your confirmation bias is to blind yourself to critical parts of what is written.

Please reread my post for exactly what it says about the validity of the poll 😂 I have a feeling people are skimming.
The behavior is too consistent to be casual. It seems like it is deliberate, just part of the full browbeating package the cabal employs.

Last edited:

bUU

No matter what your personal feelings are toward this poll, I’m sure it accurately reflects the responses of the people who answered it, and that the Disney personnel charged with analyzing it are every bit as concerned about the results as I am.
I am also sure that that the Disney personnel charged with analyzing it are every bit as concerned about the results as I am (i.e., not one bit).

They have actual market research based on random sampling of target customer segments. Rest assured that they're not relying on non-normalized (i.e., biased) information for anything.

bUU

Yeah I saw that the other day. Nothing but more narrative to support conclusions we have already reached first hand from hundreds of votes/comments right here.
Except for the part you oh-so-conveniently overlooked, the very first seven words: "In what has become an annual tradition ..."

VaderTron

Original Poster
Denial is such a terrible thing to see. Particularly in multiple accounts....
I understand your frustration. However, please do me a favor. If you choose not to use the ignore function for that poster, please at least do not continue to reply to them on this thread. It's pointless and distracts from the content that others wish to share of their personal views on the thread topic. Thanks for your help. ;)

PixarPerfect

I am also sure that that the Disney personnel charged with analyzing it are every bit as concerned about the results as I am (i.e., not one bit).

They have actual market research based on random sampling of target customer segments. Rest assured that they're not relying on non-normalized (i.e., biased) information for anything.

THIS!!!!!!!!!! 👏👏👏

Disney.Mike

That's nonsense. The definition is relative, and remains relative. You're twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to avoid admitting that being labeled upper class puts you in a position where you're twice as well-off as the average.

This is how people blind themselves to their privilege in our society: By denying even basic mathematics.

You're the one denying basic mathematics lol. By your logic, if we have 20% inflation for a decade and minimum wage is now $100 an hour, does that mean everyone with a job is "upper class"? Of course not, but by you're logic then yes.

Either way, I've looked through your post history and its nothing but one troll after another. I'm glad you think you possess such a legendary intellect. Confidence can be a good thing, even if unfounded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom