Has Disney ever listened to fan/guest feedback regarding a proposed attraction change or closing and actually changed its mind?

Berret

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
While some things do stick around for a long time, eventually, change just happens. I'm sure this is a simple yes/no question, but I'm genuinely curious if this has ever happened.

Smiley/OCD

While some things do stick around for a long time, eventually, change just happens. I'm sure this is a simple yes/no question, but I'm genuinely curious if this has ever happened.
I don't know, but if they want one, now that there are 3 ride units on Soarin', they could keep 2 with the Soarin' around the world, and put the original version in the third...(the original Cali version is MUCH better)

Berret

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I don't know, but if they want one, now that there are 3 ride units on Soarin', they could keep 2 with the Soarin' around the world, and put the original version in the third...(the original Cali version is MUCH better)

I haven't gotten to see the new version yet, although I will in May :) But yes, I did always enjoy that original version.

wdwfan757

The only examples I can think of are at restaurants. I remember when they tried to force everyone at whispering canyon lunch into the endless skillet, and then a few years later when they tried to force everyone at liberty tree lunch into the equivalent. But in terms of saving a ride or a show, I'd venture to say no.

dreamfinder

Well, guests complained about Imagination 2.0, so they did redo it. But can't think of any "Save Mr Toad!" type campaign that was noticeably successful.

Why else would they always have those strategically placed "Take a quick minute and answer a survey" person out in the parks?

When crafting a survey, it's easier to get a survey to show what you want it to, than it is to design a well balanced unbiased survey. Just sayin'.

Jedi Stitch

Well, guests complained about Imagination 2.0, so they did redo it. But can't think of any "Save Mr Toad!" type campaign that was noticeably successful.

When crafting a survey, it's easier to get a survey to show what you want it to, than it is to design a well balanced unbiased survey. Just sayin'.
I also believe there must be senior management, who have never stepped foot on the show side of the curtain to get a look from the guest perspective, and these fine corporate types takes what are on those surveys as the truth.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Imag twos removal was also aided when Eisner first rode it.

Cmdr_Crimson

I mentioned in a post about a name of a show after the High School Musical 3 thing ended and that didn't have a title for the show at that time and I brought up a name...

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...l-movie-music-show-in-oct.612241/post-4199622

Few weeks later...
dischanrock07.jpg

Call it what you will.......

TwilightZone

I always said petitions never work when discussing disney. People petitioned toad to stay, and it didn't, people petitioned tot to stay, and it didn't. However, if the quality of an attraction is really bad (superstar limo, your imagination, early 00s dhs) disney will eventually replace them.

Kitchandro

To be fair, I don't think they'd ever get anything done if they did that.

I think they're aware of what the most popular rides are, or the ones that are considered the most iconic, or fan favourites.

The problem is, they can make money in the short term by impressing first time visitors with something modern based on a financially successful film (even if it's not considered actually considered great by the majority of the public). Plus, they couldn't justify their jobs unless they were changing things all the while.

And they're more bothered about that than the actual soul of the park. There are classic attractions that we all know should never have been changed/removed, and they knew it would anger people, but they back themselves to line their pockets regardless.

DisneyJoe

After 9/11, they took away the extra morning hours (they didn't have the night hours except for the ones you would pay for) and they started a Character Caravan that came to each resort to entertain families before they went to the park. That only lasted a year and they brought back EMH in its current style. Some say it was due to guest complaints, others say it was due to crowds increasing again.

danheaton

I think the answer is yes. Like any company that provides customer service, they listen to feedback from guests and adjust sometimes. With that said, by the time they announce a new attraction or dining establishment, they're pretty far into the process. They've invested a lot of time and money to prepare for it. Petitions and comments online aren't going to do much, if anything.

The surveys are really important, and I try to answer them honestly whenever I receive them. I just think they use them more to plan for the future than to change what's already on the way or in place.

Starlight67

I haven't been asked to do one of those Disney surveys in years. What are some of the usual questions they ask? Do they really ask guests about their opinions/experience? or is it more about data gathering?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom