Has Disney ever had a fire similar to Universal

jimmyritt33

how sad. it was a great memory of mine going on that "Backlot Tour" and for me losing the BTTF Hill Valley set is almost traumatic, I love that movie. all other "Backlot Tours" pale in comparsion to the Universal Studios Hollywood tour

krankenstein

how sad. it was a great memory of mine going on that "Backlot Tour" and for me losing the BTTF Hill Valley set is almost traumatic, I love that movie. all other "Backlot Tours" pale in comparsion to the Universal Studios Hollywood tour

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Hill Valley set that burnt the second version of that set? I believe it burned in the previous fire and was rebuilt.

Epcotrob

Yes this is the second time that the Courthouse Square has been destroyed by fire. From the looks of the pictures the park didnt open today. I cant see how the backlot tour can run for at least a week. (cleanup and investigation)

Back in 90 after the other fire the tour drove through the burned out sections and you got a first hand look at the remains. I do see them doing this again as the public will want to see what happened. As for how much is lost, To me it looks like only about 10 to 20% of the backlot has been lost.

This is a sad day for Universal and movie fans.

disney9752

:eek:i can think of a couple incidnets at dlr, one in the late 80's i belive, 86 or 87 perhaps. a fire in the backstage parade storage area, & one in the first years of disneyalnd when the christmas tree wasnt fireproofed yet & it burnt. not to mention the famous wdw monorail fire in 86.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom