Has anyone ever worked at WDW?

coilback

Did my CP in 2008 at the Epic Stunt Theater (and consequently worked "Sounds Dangerous" as well, ugh), then went full time as an Entertainment Tech starting off at DAWM and then eventually over to the Wishes crew. Got injured, moved back to Texas.

openendedsky

I haves always wondered, does the music ever bother you. I mean you hear the same loop over and over day after day. Do you find yourself singing with the music or whistling it on break? I love disney music and I dont listen to it a lot, but it is definitely stuck in my head, especially the background music.
Oh my god the music in front of the land slowly but surely drove me ballistic, especially when I was there doing stroller parking.

Overall I enjoy working there, though I recently changed roles.

Disney Shib

Okay, just some info on what celebs you met? :)

I met Tedy Bruschi from the NE Patriots (awesome guy) and Brad Pitt and his oldest son. At the time I think that might have been the only kid they had. I also met a couple of the kids from High School Musical and the Jonas Brothers. I met Aaron Carter as well. They were all super nice. However, I had a run in with Lebron James who at the time was still playing for Cleveland I think. I am not sure now it was over 7 years ago but he was the rudest man I ever met in my entire life. He felt so entitled. It was disgusting.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I haves always wondered, does the music ever bother you. I mean you hear the same loop over and over day after day. Do you find yourself singing with the music or whistling it on break? I love disney music and I dont listen to it a lot, but it is definitely stuck in my head, especially the background music.

My own personal version of hell would be working in Fantasyland - specifically IASW.

ToyStorygirl

Original Poster
I met Tedy Bruschi from the NE Patriots (awesome guy) and Brad Pitt and his oldest son. At the time I think that might have been the only kid they had. I also met a couple of the kids from High School Musical and the Jonas Brothers. I met Aaron Carter as well. They were all super nice. However, I had a run in with Lebron James who at the time was still playing for Cleveland I think. I am not sure now it was over 7 years ago but he was the rudest man I ever met in my entire life. He felt so entitled. It was disgusting.

Thank you for sharing that. Interesting reading :)

wedway71

I think it is fair to say regardless of what company one works for, there will people who love and people who hate it. A great example is to look at glassdoor.com. Under employee reviews, you can get feedback from past and current employees for any company. And even the ones that are earmarked as "Best Places to Work" have a plethora of haters.

Getting back to Disney, I do not work there but have a friend who is mid level management for Disney on the Parks Merchandise side. She has been there for around 30 years and LOVES her job. Loves the benefits, culture, pay, and what she does. She can't see herself anywhere but Disney.

loveofamouse

Undoubtedly, the majority of the posts on this topic support my argument outlined in the "Workers Want Pay Boost" thread that jobs at Disney were meant for those who are in high school, college and/or retired who have other means of financial support. Perhaps the reason the majority of the CMs are so disgruntled and uncaring these days is due to their failure in life and having to settle for such a menial job that they no longer care. Disney should not hire those who are over-qualified and they should stick to hiring kids and the elderly who work here because they love it and not because they have to.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. While Preston's wording may not have been the best, I understand what he's saying. Entry jobs at Disney, just like any other company, don't pay great. Just like any other job, those that will say they enjoy the job are the ones who work for the love of it not the must of it. In the Navy, I can't count how many people said it was the WORST experience of their lives. Well, chances are, these were the people who didn't have much options other than joining the navy. They couldn't get into a college or afford it. They barely got out of high school. They had no skills and poor work ethics so they couldn't just work their way up at a company. While enlisted, they were the ones who had problems following simple rules, felt they were entitled to "perks" higher than their pay grades, showed up late, did crappy work, etc. We have people in the lower ranks that complain about the pay and feel they should have started off at over 50k a year and have all of the perks of a 12yr chief. This isn't all, though, just majority, just like Preston said. He didn't say ALL. For the CMs that still work there, you know what I'm talking about. You can think of at least one, maybe a handful, of coworkers who act like this. They aren't happy being a cashier at a food cart, for example. They think they should be at a higher job with better pay while doing crappy work with a crappy attitude. Anywho, poorly worded but point made

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom