Has anyone ever gotten angry over CMs doing their jobs?

disneywy

As a former CM in Frontierland I can appreciate all these stories and relate to them. I had many instances where guests were furious because we were doing our job. People yelling cause their child was not 40" was common, but it is FastPass that causes a lot of problems too especially merge point, as someone mentioned earlier.

I was working merge point and had a guest come thru FastPass without his ticket and I kindly asked him to go back outside and use the Standby line. He then proceeded to become more mad at me and say how I needed to learn how to do my job. A few minutes later I found out he cut into the Standby line making other guests mad. When he got back to Merge Point I asked him to go back outside and get in the line like everyone else had done because he had cut in line. I had 10-20 guests backing me up and saying he needed leave. He became so irrate (sp?) that he began shoving me and other guests to try and get his way. He was eventually taken out of the park because he got so abusive to other guests and cast members.

I also had a guest throw FastPasses at me quite a bit because they didn't understand how they worked and so became mad at me for trying to explain it. They would refuse to believe that it was invalid or for a later time and just become furious.

bhg469

se8472 said:
my fav is when people have children that are maybe a hair to short...people will do anything to try and force there way pass you..including pushing there way pass you. I have watched us stop Spacae Mt before because a lady was conviced that her daughter was going to ride.

But I have seen everything from people demanding that they be let in with a fastpass that is 10 minutes early to just being spit on because someone refused to ride with other parties in there rocket.

can't we all just get along!

if i was spit on at my job it would definitely be my last day disney wouldn't want me around after that.

sissa216

disneywy said:
I also had a guest throw FastPasses at me quite a bit because they didn't understand how they worked and so became mad at me for trying to explain it. They would refuse to believe that it was invalid or for a later time and just become furious.

I know! I mean, what I never did get is, how hard is it to see that big ol black box where the return time should be with NOT A VALID FASTPASS written on it?
What I always loved were those who would come by in groups of like 8, hand you a stack of fastpasses, and run by. Then I'd stop them because I'd actually check those fastpasses, and there'd be 6 or 7 "not valids" hidden under one correct one.

But, I gotta admit, since so many people turn off their brains there, I kinda appreciate those who put some thought into trying to trick us.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have never been upset to the point of anger, but have been frustrated on a couple of occasions. The main one was when we booked our honeymoon in 2002. The Disney web site promoted special edition his and her honeymoon watches as part of the Honeymoon Grand Plan. We booked our trip early in 2002, then midway through the year realized that the castmember whe had spoken to screwed up the arrangements. So when we called back to correct the problem, they had to cancel the first reservation, refund the deposite and create a new one. When they did this they failed to create it with the Honeymoon Grand Plan and did it with just the Grand Plan. Well, we had to go through the whole cancel, refund, and rebook process again to get the Honeymoon Grand Plan. Well, when we finally got to Wilderness Lodge to check in and got our "stuff", no watches. When we called guest services to find out where the watches were, we were told that when we booked our trip, that was no longer a comp that they were giving. When I explained that due to CM error, we had to rebook twice, they said, well the watches are no longer available and they sent us $50 Disney Dollars.......Was not real pleased with that and did not let it ruin our trip.

Other than this, and a couple of minor they told me one thing and your telling me another, no major problems.

Atta83

I think Cm have a hard job and we dont like to be yelled at, we are doing our job. I remember one day I was working with Rafiki and he had a Timon with him. Well they had a long line in TownSquare.Well they could see the families in front of them as to who was next and such. Then this family came out of no where and started to shove books and such in their faces. People in front were saying umm theres a line and then the whole line started in. Then the greeter came up and told them to please go to the end of the line, and Timon even told them to go to the back of the line.! It was great. The family had been cutting into all the lines in townsquare and had just been caught!

zone15int

hakunamatata said:
well the watches are no longer available and they sent us $50 Disney Dollars.
thats not a bad trade-off, considering that was the result of the screw up. :)

i wish disney would give me 50 dollars :) i would spend it all in the world showcase, keepin' it in the company.

zone15int

sissa216 said:
Hehe.....we really do rule here, lol...

btw who is this?
who is this? who are yoou??

i read your quick profile and you were at space until jan 04. i started there in april 04. you wouldnt know me unless you picked up hours this summer.

DisneyMemories

Oh please first time l used a fast pass when l was in WDW in 2003 it was all self explaintory on the ticket,heckl made an extra one of different rides as a reminder of my visit. Is there a limit how much you can use a fast pass?

pax_65

Bus Madness

I got angry at a bus driver on our last trip. On the last day of our trip, I was taking my 6-year-old daughter into the park. We approached the bus stop in our resort as the bus was being loaded, so we ran to get on. The doors literally slammed in our face and the bus took off with a cloud of exhaust in our face. I suppose it's possible the driver didn't see us, but geez, shouldn't he be looking?

Now the way this bus route is configured, the bus must drive to a turn-around and come back past the stop. All during our trip, I watched people stand across from the bus stop to catch the bus that just left. And all during our trip, the buses stopped for those people. As a rule, I'd never do that - and I imagine for safety reasons it's probably against Disney policy - but in this case I decided to do what everyone else was doing.

So my daughter and I stood on the other side of the road, and I waved to the bus as it approached. The driver looked right at me and SPED UP, blowing by the two of us and leaving us choking exhaust again.

Needless to say, I was very annoyed and vowed to avoid Disney transportation wherever possible on our next trip down.

WDFAN1977

I was at WDW last Oct. with my wife. We went to get on the Haunted Masion and a CM approached us with some sort of card and asked us to give it to the cast memeber that would be seating us in the buggies that ride you through the masion. My wife and I were alittle puzzled but did this task anyway. We began to think as we were waiting in line that we had won something. As we came up to the buggies and handed the card to the CM he took the card somewhat rude and sat us in a buggy. That was it! Not that it made me that angery, I just felt as a paying guest at WDW there should have been some explanation. Maybe the original CM that gave us the card was to lazy to take it to the other CM themselves. If that is the case I should not have to do someone elses job on my vacation. WEIRD!

Atta83

WDFAN1977 said:
I was at WDW last Oct. with my wife. We went to get on the Haunted Masion and a CM approached us with some sort of card and asked us to give it to the cast memeber that would be seating us in the buggies that ride you through the masion. My wife and I were alittle puzzled but did this task anyway. We began to think as we were waiting in line that we had won something. As we came up to the buggies and handed the card to the CM he took the card somewhat rude and sat us in a buggy. That was it! Not that it made me that angery, I just felt as a paying guest at WDW there should have been some explanation. Maybe the original CM that gave us the card was to lazy to take it to the other CM themselves. If that is the case I should not have to do someone elses job on my vacation. WEIRD!
The thing you were handed was something that they do to see how long it takes to get through the line.

zone15int

WDFAN1977 said:
I was at WDW last Oct. with my wife. We went to get on the Haunted Masion and a CM approached us with some sort of card and asked us to give it to the cast memeber .

Maybe the original CM that gave us the card was to lazy to take it to the other CM themselves. If that is the case I should not have to do someone elses job on my vacation. WEIRD!
Its called a flik card. i rarely give an explanation to it unless a guest asks. theres a statement written on the card itself and it says what to do with it. but chances are if you were given the card last oct. it most likely was a blank white card. you sound offended that you had to help the cm. believe me youre not the only person that is given one of these cards. :) the cast member wasnt lazy we have to give the cards out ,per management.

PhotoDave219

signerdreams said:
i love when researchers ask me questions. i want to go up to them and say "ask me please" but i dont want to be overbearing
If you approach them, they cant ask you. Plain and simple. They have certain methodology that they use to determine who they select.

doop

WDFAN1977 said:
Same thing happened to me in April in the line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It made me feel special. :D If I remember correctly, I think the card I had was red, and it did have procedures on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom