Has anyone ever gotten a lifetime pass?

rainfully

Yoop33 said:
Rainfully I thought you might know this but why do I think when Mark McGuier broek the homerun record they gave him a lifetime pass??? I could be way off but for some reason that rings a bell

Maybe but I don't remember hearing about it. I know he got a car, though!

Enderikari

Wow... Lots of Speculation about the Lifetime pass, eh...? Well, let me tell you how rare a lifetime pass is.... almost completely and totally non-existant... Its an urban legen propagated by people who really have no idea... The only thing that would be considered a "lifetime" pass would be a service award Disney Maingate Silver Pass or Red VIP pass, but even those don't last a lifetime.

cuteazabutton74

I love going to Disney but not that much to put my life and my child in danger just to say that I gave birth at Disney. I am due in Dec. so my last Disney trip will be on Oct. 21. I want to be home when I go into labor and not far away from my doctor.

Laura

Premium Member
jrobinson424 said:
I do know that there is such a thing and maybe, just maybe, we could have gotten them if we persued the issue but it isn't right or fair.

Are you for real? You think your family is entitled to go to Disney forever because a CM wouldn't let you break the rules? Good grief!! People DIE at Disneyworld and their families don't get lifetime passes, so why on earth do you think you deserve one? That is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever read!

Moustronaut

Nemo14 said:
We were there the day that happened. Why couldn't it have been me?!!!!
With my luck it would be the person right behind me in line that had just let me cut in front of them cause they couldn't find their ticket in their pocket.

Nemo14

:lol: actually, it apparently happened after we entered the park that day - we didn't know anything about it 'til we saw the news the next day.

Connor002

Laura22 said:
Are you for real? You think your family is entitled to go to Disney forever because a CM wouldn't let you break the rules? Good grief!! People DIE at Disneyworld and their families don't get lifetime passes, so why on earth do you think you deserve one? That is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever read!

I agree completly. I'm just to lazy to type it up. :lookaroun

Though I must say I have read things that are more ridiculous on these boards. :lookaroun

Jekyll Baker

rainfully said:
So... if a place makes you so angry that you never want to visit again, why would you want lifetime passes? :confused:

Yeah, don't you love people who, when they get "discriminated against," say in their first breath that they'll take their business elsewhere. Then in their second breath say they'll reconsider if they're rewarded with something super extra special good.

JimboJones123

Jekyll Baker said:
Yeah, don't you love people who, when they get "discriminated against," say in their first breath that they'll take their business elsewhere. Then in their second breath say they'll reconsider if they're rewarded with something super extra special good.

"it''s my ball" syndrome

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
My uncle has a Red VIP pass that's been renewed year after year due to his services to Disney during the hostage situation at the Boardwalk back in 2000 or 2001 (he is a hostage negotiatior). Every year, around the second week of December, like clockwork, his Red VIP pass arrives in the mail. He's also gotten various letters of appreciation, certificates, plaques, and gifts for that and other police services at WDW.

Also, my ex-Girlfriends parents were given Red VIP passes courtesy of Al Weiss... apparently her parents were EXTREMELY good friends with him and also the ministers of the church he attended.

markc

jrobinson424 said:
I I do know that there is such a thing and maybe, just maybe, we could have gotten them if we persued the issue but it isn't right or fair.

No offense, but everybody at Disney would've have laughed at you if you even tried to pursue such a thing. While your incident was wrong and inexcusable, it's hardly worthy of lifetime passes. Maybe a ten day pass, but that's it. If you only knew what went on at Disney World on a daily basis, you would see that your situation is rather insignificant (again, I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the poor customer service and treatment you got; however there are far worse scenarios that happen on a daily basis).

markc

Lifetime passes aren't that rare; I see guests with them at least once every two weeks. There are so many different ways that they are given out..that's its rather hard to say exactly how they are given out..but they are usually in very rare, special occasions.

I do have to say though, some of the people holding these passes are rather demanding. One couple from Scotland once went up to guest relations with their passes complaning and moaning about how "wrong and unfair" it was that Typhoon Lagoon was closed for refurbishment..and how they felt they were entitled to something!!! Keep in mind, even the lifetime passes have the disclaimer that sometimes parks maybe closed for whatever reason..but on top of that, how can somebody have the stupidity or idiocy to feel they are entitled to something on FREE LIFETIME PASSES?! My guess was that this couple must have complained about a possible "lawsuit" type situation years ago and were given these passes, because they seemed like the kind of people who would pursue such an avenue over something minor.

Enderikari said:
Wow... Lots of Speculation about the Lifetime pass, eh...? Well, let me tell you how rare a lifetime pass is.... almost completely and totally non-existant... Its an urban legen propagated by people who really have no idea... The only thing that would be considered a "lifetime" pass would be a service award Disney Maingate Silver Pass or Red VIP pass, but even those don't last a lifetime.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
my uncle is the exact opposite... in the 4-5 years he's had the red VIP pass, he's gone to the parks all of 3 times.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I seem to remember reading on Allearsnet about the sale of lifetime tickets (I think it was when DL opened) - I've done the searches but can't find the article. Still - from the pages of Allearsnet is the feature on the 600 Millionth guests -

600 Millionth Walt Disney World Guest Honored at Disney-MGM Studios To blowing horns, a blizzard of confetti and a beaming Mickey Mouse, a stunned 9-year-old Jacqueline D'Ambrosi of Woodcliff Lake, N.J., was welcomed as the 600 millionth guest of Walt Disney World Resort on June 24. During a ceremony at the Disney-MGM Studios, the D'Ambrosi family was presented with lifetime passes to all four Walt Disney World theme parks, including the new Disney's Animal Kingdom. The D'Ambrosis were honorary grand marshals during the new "Disney's Mulan Parade" and received a VIP tour of the Disney-MGM Studios

Tigger1988

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
I seem to remember reading on Allearsnet about the sale of lifetime tickets (I think it was when DL opened) - I've done the searches but can't find the article. Still - from the pages of Allearsnet is the feature on the 600 Millionth guests -

600 Millionth Walt Disney World Guest Honored at Disney-MGM Studios To blowing horns, a blizzard of confetti and a beaming Mickey Mouse, a stunned 9-year-old Jacqueline D'Ambrosi of Woodcliff Lake, N.J., was welcomed as the 600 millionth guest of Walt Disney World Resort on June 24. During a ceremony at the Disney-MGM Studios, the D'Ambrosi family was presented with lifetime passes to all four Walt Disney World theme parks, including the new Disney's Animal Kingdom. The D'Ambrosis were honorary grand marshals during the new "Disney's Mulan Parade" and received a VIP tour of the Disney-MGM Studios

In a old Allears newsletter they said that Disney used to sell WDW lifetime passes back when the resort first opened. I'll look to see if i can find the newsletter

rainfully

Tigger1988 said:
In a old Allears newsletter they said that Disney used to sell WDW lifetime passes back when the resort first opened. I'll look to see if i can find the newsletter

MAN how nice would it have been to gotten in on that action?!

I'd love to know how much they were selling them for...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom