Has anyone ever gotten a lifetime pass?

Tigger1988

rainfully said:
MAN how nice would it have been to gotten in on that action?!

I'd love to know how much they were selling them for...

Yea, imagine that!..Im looking for where I read that, I apologize in advance if I am mistaken.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
JimboJones123 said:
So You want -- say you are 35 and your spouse is too -- going rates 500 or so for annual passes -- say you die at 85 -- that's $25K already for 50 years of passes. now if your kids live to 85 as well -- that's another $42.5K for 85 years of passes for them. That's "if" prices don't go up EVER. All this because you didn't get to stand a little closer to Fantasmic -- besides would Disney really wnat to give out lifelong passes to somebody that wants to kick the teeth out of fellow guests??? Yeah -- sometimes teenagers get a wee bit annoying at Disney parks -- especially when you are trying to enjoy the day with your toddlers -- but you toddlers do get in the way of the best viewing sight lines for Playhouse Disney -- so it all evens out.

Well stated.

Rogue71371

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
I seem to remember reading on Allearsnet about the sale of lifetime tickets (I think it was when DL opened) - I've done the searches but can't find the article. Still - from the pages of Allearsnet is the feature on the 600 Millionth guests -

600 Millionth Walt Disney World Guest Honored at Disney-MGM Studios To blowing horns, a blizzard of confetti and a beaming Mickey Mouse, a stunned 9-year-old Jacqueline D'Ambrosi of Woodcliff Lake, N.J., was welcomed as the 600 millionth guest of Walt Disney World Resort on June 24. During a ceremony at the Disney-MGM Studios, the D'Ambrosi family was presented with lifetime passes to all four Walt Disney World theme parks, including the new Disney's Animal Kingdom. The D'Ambrosis were honorary grand marshals during the new "Disney's Mulan Parade" and received a VIP tour of the Disney-MGM Studios

The older brother of this girl works with my wife. He was talking about to my wife yesterday. He has the lifetime pass, and gues how many times he has used it since.........0, yup none! :mad: :brick:

Connor002

Rogue71371 said:
The older brother of this girl works with my wife. He was talking about to my wife yesterday. He has the lifetime pass, and gues how many times he has used it since.........0, yup none! :mad: :brick:

:zipit: :brick:

Grrrr....

robynchic

markc said:
Lifetime passes aren't that rare; I see guests with them at least once every two weeks. There are so many different ways that they are given out..that's its rather hard to say exactly how they are given out..but they are usually in very rare, special occasions.

Rumor mill time!

I know that families that come to WDW on a Give Kids the World trip, and their child actually goes into remission or lives a year longer than expected, that they are taken on another trip to WDW (I saw one of these families this summer).

I've heard that the families whose child goes into remission gets lifetime passes, because it is extrodinarily rare for a child who goes on a trip provided by Give Kids the World to go into remission.

Yoop33

robynchic said:
Rumor mill time!

I know that families that come to WDW on a Give Kids the World trip, and their child actually goes into remission or lives a year longer than expected, that they are taken on another trip to WDW (I saw one of these families this summer).

I've heard that the families whose child goes into remission gets lifetime passes, because it is extrodinarily rare for a child who goes on a trip provided by Give Kids the World to go into remission.

I have never heard about that. I worked at Give Kids the World once and I don;t remember anything mentioned about that. I could be wrong though

kaylasmom

I'm due on Nov 8th, and I still go to Disney all the time, probably once a week or so. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Unless you are ready to pop the baby out in 5 or 10 minutes, there is PLENTY of time to get a pregnant woman to Celebration Hospital (where I plan on delivering). If your pregnancy can progress from start to finish in less than 15 minutes, it wouldn't have mattered where you started to go into labor, you wouldn't have made it to a hospital anyway. I don't see how going to Disney while pregnant would be any more child endangerment than going to a grocery store and possibly giving birth at Publix!

I don't go to Disney to try and give birth there, I go there a lot because I'm on maternity leave and I am bored to death!!!!! What better place to go? I walk around, get some exercise, and have a good time while waiting for the little one to arrive. Annual Passes are awesome!!!! :)

That being said, I happen to live in Kissimmee, and Disney is just up the street from my house... I would NOT make vacation plans to come to Disney around my due date if I lived in New York.

robynchic

Yoop33 said:
I have never heard about that. I worked at Give Kids the World once and I don;t remember anything mentioned about that. I could be wrong though
Well, you understand what I mean when I say it's extrodinarily rare, then, right?

Chase24

Does or can anybody confim that Imagineers get a free pass for life (after they have retired). I road down on a plane a few years ago with someone who worked on the design and construction for the POC and he mentioned about how he got to go every year since he had this position with WDW.

MissM

Not the same thing as a lifetime pass but I seem to recall that if you've had your AP since the first year they came out and never failed to renew, you're renewal rate was dirt cheap. Now of course, I can't find it. Does anyone know about that? I mean, I don't have one or anything (seeing as AP's premiered when I was like three or something) but it's still supposed to be a rare and cheap ticket.
-m

edit ah...found it.
http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm#other
Charter Annual Passes are ones that have been kept continuously in effect since first offered in 1982. They are no longer available for purchase.

Though it's not as cheap as I thought it was. And it seems that it's not a FL Resident-specific thing.

YensidsHat

Don't be rediculous...

jrobinson424 said:
I have done nothing but praise WDW and have spent tons of money there. But I have to tell you that a CM royaly ed me off this past April and I almost asked for lifelong passes. I took the matter to the head of human resources(forget the name) and let him know just how mad I was with what happened. It was during the Fantasmic show and this girl totaly discriminated against my family and me. We were in the standing room only area, which was fine with us. I have a 2 and 4 year old. They could not see the show standing. We had no problem holding them. Well after the show started, the girl allowed her "friends" to walk up and stand behind the persons in wheelchairs. These kids were at least 13. I figure well, if it is ok for them to do it, then it would be ok for us to do it. So we walk up and stand and she flys all over us saying "You people can't stand here!" I asked what about those people and she told me "Well it is just like that sometimes" I got ed and we walked back to standing area. I looked back over at the other group and she was talking to them and pointing at us. They just looked at us and kinda laughed. If I would have known the age of these jerk offs and if they were 18, I would have stomped their teeth out. Anyway, we got madder about the situation and left all together. I informed the HR guy that in the past 3 years, we have spent a total of $14,000 at WDW. I also let him know that I would take my business elsewhere because we were really offended by this girls actions. I almost asked for the life long passes, and we felt like we at least deserved something for our ordeal. But I didn't. I am no better than anyone else to get such special treatment because we were screwed. I do know that there is such a thing and maybe, just maybe, we could have gotten them if we persued the issue but it isn't right or fair.

Your $14,000 doesnt even pay for a day of electricity... spread out over 3 years, you are practically worthless to them from an economic stance. Don't be absurd. Where exactly are you going to take your business? Disneyland?

(I am usually just a reader - but this was too much.)

DisneyDoctor

I am lucky enough to have one!
Undertaker GIF by memecandy

muddyrivers

To be fair, if people are subscribed to a specific thread, getting a notification would be helpful to them and bring them back to this thread whereas they may not have seen the other threads the poster posted in on the same topic.

Pepper's Ghost

Sooooooooooo tired of the necro-posting. I wish these boards didn't suggest other threads that might interest you based on key words because it results in dredging up these 16 year-old threads.

angry.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom