Has an Adventureland height balloon test happened?

ppete1975

The one by International Gateway is so impressive. I've been going to WDW since 1989 and only realized last year that the water was going over a road!

The water bridges, utilidors and things like spaceship earth amaze me. Researching how they built the park is amazing. A lot of times there were cheaper ways or to build things differently instead they build amazing things.

rogerrabbitfan9

Can someone explain the financial benefit to put another attraction in MK right now. I would think right now it would make a lot more financial sense to look at shoring up Epcot.

articos

The water bridges, utilidors and things like spaceship earth amaze me. Researching how they built the park is amazing. A lot of times there were cheaper ways or to build things differently instead they build amazing things.
When building a new park or resort from scratch, or when working on a major infrastructure project like what is happening resort wide at this moment, things like water bridges happen. If it's a new land or a single attraction, I have doubts major expenditures like a water bridge would be approved in today's environment. More likely to simply reroute the road. It's a miracle the original water bridge by Contemporary got approved and stayed, and it wasn't a simple planning piece. Epcot is a bit more reasonable, considering the company was spending a fortune and this project was full of unusual pieces of infrastructure and one of a kind buildings.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Can someone explain the financial benefit to put another attraction in MK right now. I would think right now it would make a lot more financial sense to look at shoring up Epcot.
Magic Kingdom gets the most visited traffic in a day, during peak times MK if you've ever been there is something else. Adding another ride or two will help eat of the number of guests, that too will help with wait times on other rides during peak times in MK. I agree with you Epcot needs love and attention. So does parts of MK.

The Empress Lilly

When building a new park or resort from scratch, or when working on a major infrastructure project like what is happening resort wide at this moment, things like water bridges happen. If it's a new land or a single attraction, I have doubts major expenditures like a water bridge would be approved in today's environment. More likely to simply reroute the road. It's a miracle the original water bridge by Contemporary got approved and stayed, and it wasn't a simple planning piece. Epcot is a bit more reasonable, considering the company was spending a fortune and this project was full of unusual pieces of infrastructure and one of a kind buildings.
Sadly. Why should only EPCOT or virgin WDW receive unusual infrastructure?

All of WDW ought to be driven by the Spirit of EPCOT. It is part of the magic. It is what you can do when you have the largest private, controlled environment, themed area in the free world. You can use it to set yourself beyond the reach of all competition.You can immerse your guests in a permanent bubble, one they don't leave when exiting a park gate and which they don't want to leave for more ambitious reasons than express busses to the airport.

Somewhere along the line WDW lost its ambition. And, in a mutual race to the bottom, its guests too.

MAGIC 71:
Water bridge
Experimental transportation solutions
Artistically and technically accomplished architecture and infrastructure

17 CIGAM:
Spotting a toon celeb
4000 calorie dessert
Snowflake Janice got greeted by name

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Magic Kingdom gets the most visited traffic in a day, during peak times MK if you've ever been there is something else. Adding another ride or two will help eat of the number of guests, that too will help with wait times on other rides during peak times in MK. I agree with you Epcot needs love and attention. So does parts of MK.
Yes and no.

Right now MK is suffering from a term often used in in civil engineering called induced demand. The readers Digest version is any significant improvement will just increase the demand greater than the added capacity of that improvement.

Adding an E-ticket to MK would most likely just increase the number of people already going there equal to or greater than the capacity of the attraction resulting in more of a problem or a push at best.

What MK really needs to concentrate on now is making their current attractions run more efficiently and improve the under performing attractions to attract more guests. Any additions really need to be of a minor sort. That along with improvements in the other parks is about the only home they have for solving the capacity problems of MK without drastically raising ticket prices.

drizgirl

Yes and no.

Right now MK is suffering from a term often used in in civil engineering called induced demand. The readers Digest version is any significant improvement will just increase the demand greater than the added capacity of that improvement.

Adding an E-ticket to MK would most likely just increase the number of people already going there equal to or greater than the capacity of the attraction resulting in more of a problem or a push at best.

What MK really needs to concentrate on now is making their current attractions run more efficiently and improve the under performing attractions to attract more guests. Any additions really need to be of a minor sort. That along with improvements in the other parks is about the only home they have for solving the capacity problems of MK without drastically raising ticket prices.

That theory didn't stop them from putting SWL in Disneyland.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, I understand the reasons why. I'm just still hacked off at what it's going to do to my favorite park.
I have a feeling it is going to do what free breakfast does to the average Denny's.

dennys.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom