Has an Adventureland height balloon test happened?

EPCOTCenterLover

So....eeeeerrrrt...hit the brakes...

Noticing in that link that this says Volcania...and Magic Kingdom...and shows submarines among what looks like the Jungle cruise...was there some kind of 20K tie-in? Were there also plans to revive 20K as well?
My understanding is this was a way to tie in some more "modern" look and feel to Adventureland as well as expand the attraction roster.

999th Happy Haunt

So....eeeeerrrrt...hit the brakes...

Noticing in that link that this says Volcania...and Magic Kingdom...and shows submarines among what looks like the Jungle cruise...was there some kind of 20K tie-in? Were there also plans to revive 20K as well?
I believe the original plans were to have it in FL behind 20K. No idea about the jungle stuff however.

P_Radden

@P_Radden is there a new map for this rumored attraction?
Here is an original map courtesy of @marni1971
Adventureland Expansion Pads.jpeg

And here's a remake with labels:
ADL.png

The big pad is a good 6+ acres...
ADL2.png

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

articos

Here is an original map courtesy of @marni1971
View attachment 195716

And here's a remake with labels:
View attachment 195717

The big pad is a good 6+ acres...
View attachment 195718
If this pad were to be used, the attraction show building would be tucked up behind the Pirates bldg, more towards the backstage support area and less towards the monorail beam. There's support infrastructure that would have to be moved, so some of the space would be taken for that.

ToTBellHop

So...any non-BB-8 balloons flying over the park or is this much ado about nothing?

Actual balloons and some smarty-pants' approximation of height like over at the Swolphin last year would be helpful to discussion.

ppete1975

Great maps and thanks for the labels (I couldn't figure out exactly where I was looking before). That is a huge area, much more than I thought they had (without having to convert land to usable space, or wetland mitigation issues). The roads wouldn't be a huge issue, either relocation or bridge/tunnel. Heck they build water bridges...

_____sidewheeler.png

ToTBellHop

Great maps and thanks for the labels (I couldn't figure out exactly where I was looking before). That is a huge area, much more than I thought they had (without having to convert land to usable space, or wetland mitigation issues). The roads wouldn't be a huge issue, either relocation or bridge/tunnel. Heck they build water bridges...

_____sidewheeler.png
The one by International Gateway is so impressive. I've been going to WDW since 1989 and only realized last year that the water was going over a road!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom