Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince Reviews and *SPOILERS*

Dizknee_Phreek

MKCustodial said:
And about the bit about JK saying Sirius would be back in some way, I guess she meant what we saw in HBP, right? I mean, Tonks' Patrono (sorry, don't know the word in English!) took the form of a quadruped, and Harry had the feeling it was Padfoot (is that it in English? :p ).
Well, Tonk's Patronus (;) ) wasn't Padfoot; it was a wolf/werewolf because of Lupin. So we didn't see Sirius in HBP. But, the thing I'm worried about is that the spell that hit Sirius was an Inferi (not sure what that is in your text) spell. I'm afraid he'll come back, but as the living dead; that would make both of her statements about Sirius ("he's definitely dead and not coming back" and "you'll see him again, but I'm not telling in what form") true. Then again, she could be meaning something none of us see coming. Who knows about JK? But she better not turn him into a friggin zombie! :fork:

MKCustodial

(Yeah, it's Inferus in the singular and Inferi in the plural down here.)

Man, I just read them all before starting HBP and didn't remember that little detail! And it's funny, because the way they describe it, I figure it was a spell to be used to raise a corpse, not to turn a living person into a zombie as well.
THen again, we don't really know the effects of the curtain. Maybe falling in there "saved him" from a zombie existence.

Kwit35

I think that mirror that Sirius gave Harry might come to some use yet. I also think that the Dumbledore's portrait will be a big part of the next book. Maybe it will guide and console Harry as the real Dumbledore did. I don't know, but if JK turns Sirius into a zombie, I will be so disapointed.
BTW, Diz Freak, I love your signature (from Hair).

MKCustodial

I agree. Jo usually doesn't leave things like that. We never saw the mirror being used, although dumb Harry broke his, and the minute I read there was a Dumbledore portrait, I figured he'd always be there for Harry, and that's why I think Harry will go back to Hogwarts.

Dizknee_Phreek

MKCustodial said:
Man, I just read them all before starting HBP and didn't remember that little detail! And it's funny, because the way they describe it, I figure it was a spell to be used to raise a corpse, not to turn a living person into a zombie as well.
THen again, we don't really know the effects of the curtain. Maybe falling in there "saved him" from a zombie existence.
Yeah, HBP was the first time the Inferius Curse was brought up. And you could be very right about it being used to raise someone that's already dead...it's been several months since I've read it. I certainly hope that's the case. And, I had never thought about the curtain actually "saving" him...that's quite interesting!

Kwit35 said:
I think that mirror that Sirius gave Harry might come to some use yet.
Yeah, I believe JKR said in an interview that those mirrors won't help in the way we expect, but they will help in a way we won't expect...or something confusing like that. So they will definitely play some part in Book 7.

Kwit35 said:
BTW, Diz Freak, I love your signature (from Hair).
My signature? Is that where's it's originally from? I got it from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, because I love the way Johnny Depp says it. I thought perhaps it originally came from somewhere else, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom