Harry Potter interest from abroad.....

M:SpilotISTC12

Harry Potter would ruin the theme park. It would be extremely popular but it wouldnt seem like Disney...it would seem like Warner Bros.:lookaroun Harry Potter doesnt fit with the Disney magic. Harry Potter magic is bad and depressing. Disney magic is happy and wishful. Harry Potter shouldnt go to Disney!!!!!:sohappy:

Connor002

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
Harry Potter would ruin the theme park. It would be extremely popular but it wouldnt seem like Disney...it would seem like Warner Bros.:lookaroun Harry Potter doesnt fit with the Disney magic. Harry Potter magic is bad and depressing. Disney magic is happy and wishful. Harry Potter shouldnt go to Disney!!!!!:sohappy:

You're argument is stunning. :rolleyes:

If HP will come, it will come. It's a property that has major value attached to it, and an HP attraction, however much fan-boys like us may hate it, could only boos attendance, and in return, profit.

M:SpilotISTC12

Connor002 said:
You're argument is stunning. :rolleyes:

If HP will come, it will come. It's a property that has major value attached to it, and an HP attraction, however much fan-boys like us may hate it, could only boos attendance, and in return, profit.
Thanks! I have been a Disney fan for a long time and I think it would hurt the value of Disney World and the reason why it was created!

Connor002

Thanks! I have been a Disney fan for a long time and I think it would hurt the value of Disney World and the reason why it was created!

Um... :lookaroun Did somebody miss the sarcasm? :lookaroun

Mecha Figment

well if anything other than site based attractions is created using harry potter, You will see it in MGM. MGM is the home to all new disney characters and properties.

Harry Potter isn't all depressing. The themes of the books are loyal friendships and trusting elders and taking a stand against evil. Isn't this similar to Toy Story but just more mature..?

I'm not trying to say that Harry Potter is for everyone, but neither are all Disney atteractions. I'm personally not a fan of some rides (a couple of the mountains, ToT, ...) but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to new similar E-ride attractions.

Just another somewhat related thought. Star Tours is located in MGM - Do you think that this attraction is Disney or do you oppose to it. I think that this ride isn't DIsney-ish but thats just my personal opinion...

A Harry Potter ride is similar to Star Tours. Both are movies and have a specific audience(sp??). Both are/would be able to pull in a crowd, but my not be for everyone.

okay I'm all done. Sorry for being so long and somewhat random, but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and seeing a HP ride at Disney would be even more reason for me to go there.

askmike1

I would love HP to be added to the Disney Parks. I think it would be a perfect fit with the Studios (a park that also has Star Wars, Twilight Zone & Indiana Jones).

Other than not liking HP itself, I don't get why people would have objections to this.

ToTBellHop

Oh, yes...Disney magic is SOO happy. That REALLY comes out on some of Disney's most popular (and greatest) attractions, like the Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones Adventure, Dinosaur. Many of the times I love Disney magic is when it is downright scary. The best Disney villains are not happy...and I don't believe Disney attractions need to be filled to the brim with fluff. The attractions wouldn't be based on the films, I should think. Rowling doesn't have the rights to the films. She has the rights to the books...and the books do not equal the movies.

nibblesandbits

LSUxStitch said:
IF it happens, how do you know that it will be an "EXCELLENT" E-ticket judged by quality? And to answer your question, yes, I would criticize a ride with a little teenage wizard in it. Personally, when I think of Harry Potter, I do not associate ANYTHING Disney to it.
I guess my question would be did you consider Star Wars to be related to Disney before George Lucas collaborated with Disney? Or would you consider Aerosmith to be related to Disney before collaborating either?

My point is that in the right kind of setting, it is possible for Harry Potter to be associated with Disney in the future. Just because you don't see it now...doesn't mean it shouldn't be possible later on.

RockStarBaby said:
Just another somewhat related thought. Star Tours is located in MGM - Do you think that this attraction is Disney or do you oppose to it. I think that this ride isn't DIsney-ish but thats just my personal opinion...

I didn't read your post before I typed this. This was exactly what I was trying to say.

CaptainMichael

harrymickey.JPG

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Rowling doesn't have the rights to the films. She has the rights to the books...and the books do not equal the movies.

Maybe Disney is trying to win over her in hopes of finding out what happens in the last book :p

ToTBellHop

nibblesandbits said:
I guess my question would be did you consider Star Wars to be related to Disney before George Lucas collaborated with Disney? Or would you consider Aerosmith to be related to Disney before collaborating either?

My point is that in the right kind of setting, it is possible for Harry Potter to be associated with Disney in the future. Just because you don't see it now...doesn't mean it shouldn't be possible later on.

I didn't read your post before I typed this. This was exactly what I was trying to say.
Yes...and the fact that some people can't see it makes me glad they aren't Imagineers...

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Harry and Voldemort die.
:( Thats sad!!! But you better be careful though, don't steal the 7th book before it comes out in stores. some guy was arrested because of that. just a random HP FYI

edit: about you signiture, I'm going to try to go to Brown when I finally get to the time to pick a grad school. Its not on your list but maybe worth a look at

Whats everyone's opinion on a HP attaction? I would be happy with any attraction E-ticket or not. I would say even a themed parade or show would be cool. Although if there are meet-and-greets with the characters that might not be such a good idea - it might lead to awkward(sp??) questions from guests about what happened in the books..

Chape19714

As long as it's kept out of the Magic Kingdoms (meaning the 6 worldwide), I would accept the new attraction. I might not like it, but at least it won't be at the Kingdoms.

DisneyWales

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Yes...and the fact that some people can't see it makes me glad they aren't Imagineers...

Its not that i cant, i could see some good stuff coming from Harry Potter, as the wealth of material is outstanding. I just dont want to. For me it would take some of the magic of the books away. I like fact that so far Harry Potter is still in it own contained world. Perhaps after the 7th and Final book, but not before.

Also they wouldn't be able to use the designs from the film, im assuming WB own the rights to the Movie characters. So Disney would have to create a new look for HP and chums, without it looking too much like the movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom