Harry Potter interest from abroad.....

Tigerdaly

Original Poster
Over the pond here in old Blighty it has been reported in the English press:hammer: that J.K Rowling has been in talks with Disney chiefs to get Harry Potter linked in with the Disney parks:sohappy: and have rides and characters roaming. Has this been banded about in the USA as well or is it wishfull thinking on J.K.Rowling's or the English press's behalf. :sohappy:

bhg469

SpectroMan said:
Yes, there are rumors flying around here about that. Do a search, and you should find something about it.

Not really, if you search you are more or less going to find hundreds of threads that start off like yours with a question about Harry potter, then the first reply will be "do a search" The next will be "Oh no not this again" maybe a few more sarcastic comments and then the thread will be forgotten. Unfortunately no if you search you will not find the answer but as soon as something is gets the green light it will surely be leaked here. Sorry your answer isn't here though...

Shaman

In the last thread about this topic, it was revealed (by trusted "contributors") that Disney was in talks, but that nothing was set in stone....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Tigerdaly said:
Over the pond here in old Blighty it has been reported in the English press:hammer: that J.K Rowling has been in talks with Disney chiefs to get Harry Potter linked in with the Disney parks:sohappy: and have rides and characters roaming. Has this been banded about in the USA as well or is it wishfull thinking on J.K.Rowling's or the English press's behalf. :sohappy:

Hi, Could you tell me which press in England is covering this? Thanks.

ToTBellHop

Very interesting...would you consider this particular press reputable or something of a tabloid? I could definitely see Disney going for this...and with Lasseter having strong input on new attractions, we could see attractions that actually do Hogwarts justice...

Tigerdaly

Original Poster
I think the press I saw it in was The Mail on Sunday and also The Sunday Telegraph. Whether you see these as reputable papers is up to you, however the Telegraph especially is possibly one the most reliable braod sheet papers we have in the UK. Also the Mail on Sunday is one of the biggest papers in circulation.

DisneyWales

Tigerdaly said:
I think the press I saw it in was The Mail on Sunday and also The Sunday Telegraph. Whether you see these as reputable papers is up to you, however the Telegraph especially is possibly one the most reliable braod sheet papers we have in the UK. Also the Mail on Sunday is one of the biggest papers in circulation.

Id possibly trust the Telegraph, but no the Mail. Honestly i hope nothing ever comes of the, I dont wannt Harry at WDW. I Love Harry Potter. Just dont think they belong in Theme Parks. Rowling has enough money, so she doesn't need the franchising money, so unless it develops the story of HP, I hope she says no.

Sorry just my €0.2. :drevil:

ToTBellHop

Splash Mountain proves that the story that inspires an attraction doesn't matter that much...a brilliant attraction is brilliant regardless. Song of the South is anything but highly regarded, yet one of the best Disney attractions ever is based on it. It seems a bit ridiculous to me to say that you don't want a concept to ever show up in the parks. Would you honestly criticize a major E-Ticket of excellent quality b/c it has a teenage wizard in it? I am for ANY great quality E-Ticket, regardless of which story Disney chooses.

AliciaLuvzDizne

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Splash Mountain proves that the story that inspires an attraction doesn't matter that much...a brilliant attraction is brilliant regardless. Song of the South is anything but highly regarded, yet one of the best Disney attractions ever is based on it. It seems a bit ridiculous to me to say that you don't want a concept to ever show up in the parks. Would you honestly criticize a major E-Ticket of excellent quality b/c it has a teenage wizard in it? I am for ANY great quality E-Ticket, regardless of which story Disney chooses.
it might be highly regarded
if we were allowed to see it

*shrug*

ToTBellHop

I've seen it...and it's not spectacular. I actually thought it was complete garbage. Splash Mountain is based on about 20 minutes of the film...the rest is live action and not particularly enjoyable.

LSUxStitch

ISTCNavigator57 said:

IF it happens, how do you know that it will be an "EXCELLENT" E-ticket judged by quality? And to answer your question, yes, I would criticize a ride with a little teenage wizard in it. Personally, when I think of Harry Potter, I do not associate ANYTHING Disney to it.

Tim G

objr said:
In the last thread about this topic, it was revealed (by trusted "contributors") that Disney was in talks, but that nothing was set in stone....
In that case everyting will be Ok... Symbols in written instone, seem to be in the only language Bob Iger can read... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom