Harry Potter in wdw, where would you put it?

dman1373

Original Poster
What if disney had the rights to harry potter, they made all of the potter movies, and they were planing on building potterland somewhere in wdw(the same exact one layout as the one in ioa.) If disney came to you and asked you, where would you put it?

The Empress Lilly

In Epcot, duh.

SSE is about communication and Potter communicates too, so that is a perfect fit. We'll call it 'Harry's Communication Adventure - with you!'

And put Hairy Otter in DAK!

Skooterkid

It'd have to be in Hollywood Studios. They could close Backlot Tour (which no one would be sad to see go) and build the castle and Hogsmead there. I'd be a great way to get people over to that side of the park and get them away from Rockin' Rollercoaster/Tower Of Terror...

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I must be missing something here. Why would you put it in Epcot? WS makes no sense since it's not a country, and Future World makes no sense since it has nothing to do with the future...
DHS is the only logical option.

Cosmic Commando

Crowd-wise, it would have made the most sense to put in DHS. It most certainly could fit in World Showcase, though. My blue sky idea was to put it hidden behind the UK pavilion, the same way the wizard world coexists with the muggle world in the books. Keep the existing UK pavilion pretty much the way it is, but tap the right brick or turn the corner and you're in the wizard world. Thematically, I think it's actually the best fit in WDW. An area/ride that brings some of that country's most beloved stories to life? That is totally World Showcase!

G00fyDad

It should go right about here....
desert-island1.jpg

Well out of the way.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Clearly they need a multiple park plan for it, like Disney has been doing for most things these days

Put one ride in Epcot's UK Pavilion, then a show in AK, but also have mentions of Harry Potter in PhilHarmagic, the daytime parade, the nighttime parade, Wishes, and have a small tour of props in DHS also.

G00fyDad

The fact that Disney would ruin it probably bothers them. Either that or they're a bible-thumper. x3

Yeah... that's me.... a bible thumper. LOL :ROFLOL: Thanks for making assumptions about me. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with Harry Potter, other than Universal having the rights?

Actually I love the books. I thought the idea of a Harry Potter attraction would have been nice in WDW but not a whole "land" devoted to it. And Prototype82's response is why I will likely never waste my time with the whole mess. People like that are such huge Uni fans that they think the WWOHP is the end all beat all to theme park attractions. (There's MY assumption) The arrogance associated with the WWOHP fans is sometimes astounding. It doesn't seems quite as bad here but you should see the Disney-bashing hate mongering Universal loving people out there. It's rather sickening. I suppose I have a bias toward Disney but the attitude of those that think the WWOHP is the greatest thing since sliced bread is too much and skews my opinion of Universal.

jtizzle1023

For me it was a great move by Uni, but I think it is going to be the downfall of them. If they truly are going to make the former Jaws area another part of Potterverse you have taken two large areas of parks and dedicated it to Harry. With the possible expansion after even this upcoming one you have too much potter which in 10-20 years isn't going to be as relevant as it is now. Sure its got some great rides but the characters and story wont be as strong down the road. Thats why i'm glad disney didnt go for it when they had the chance. Because they build stuff that will be relevant in years to come... Except SGE :lookaroun

For me it was a great move by Uni, but I think it is going to be the downfall of them. If they truly are going to make the former Jaws area another part of Potterverse you have taken two large areas of parks and dedicated it to Harry. With the possible expansion after even this upcoming one you have too much potter which in 10-20 years isn't going to be as relevant as it is now. Sure its got some great rides but the characters and story wont be as strong down the road. Thats why i'm glad disney didnt go for it when they had the chance. Because they build stuff that will be relevant in years to come... Except SGE :lookaroun

Exactly. Darn Disney for making TLM and B&atB attractions nearly 25 years after the films came out. ;)

G00fyDad

Exactly. Darn Disney for making TLM and B&atB attractions nearly 25 years after the films came out. ;)

But the TLM and the BatB are Disney works. Universal did not have anything to do with Harry Potter until the park addon. However, I agree with you in that HP will still be strong years to come. And Uni can always tear it down and build something else in it's place after 25 years or so. How long has Jaws been on video....? But the other poster has a point as well, Why would they want 30% or more of their park dedicated to WWoHP?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

HP characters and story will never diminish through time. A good story continues to be a good story no matter what. Classic characters will continue to be classic.

Is Dorothy Gale any less of an icon 73 years later? How about Scarlett O'Hara?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
HP characters and story will never diminish through time. A good story continues to be a good story no matter what. Classic characters will continue to be classic.

Is Dorothy Gale any less of an icon 73 years later? How about Scarlett O'Hara?

Or another one for you, more recently in the films: Sherlock Holmes......

And I agree, the HP books and characters will remain popular well into the foreseeable future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom