Harry Potter in wdw, where would you put it?

But the TLM and the BatB are Disney works. Universal did not have anything to do with Harry Potter until the park addon. However, I agree with you in that HP will still be strong years to come. And Uni can always tear it down and build something else in it's place after 25 years or so. How long has Jaws been on video....? But the other poster has a point as well, Why would they want 30% or more of their park dedicated to WWoHP?

Star Wars, Idiana Jones, The Muppets, The Twilight Zone, and Avatar weren't Disney related until their theme park attractions. I can't tell you the last time I ever saw a Twilight Zone episode... or if I ever have. Doesn't make ToT any less great.

They have no problem giving Potter so much land because it is a huge cash cow. It's all about the Ben

Is Dorothy Gale any less of an icon 73 years later? How about Scarlett O'Hara?

I know Dorothy Gale, but Scarlett O'Hara?... :veryconfu

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Star Wars, Idiana Jones, The Muppets, The Twilight Zone, and Avatar weren't Disney related until their theme park attractions. I can't tell you the last time I ever saw a Twilight Zone episode... or if I ever have. Doesn't make ToT any less great.

They have no problem giving Potter so much land because it is a huge cash cow. It's all about the Ben

I know Dorothy Gale, but Scarlett O'Hara?... :veryconfu

I knew that would fly right over some people's heads! :lol:

Gone With The Wind...it is a classic movie made in 1939 also about the South during the Civil War and reconstruction. It may not get the attention of preschoolers and adolescents, but most adults are very aware of the movie and it's characters.

goofy donald

For me it was a great move by Uni, but I think it is going to be the downfall of them. If they truly are going to make the former Jaws area another part of Potterverse you have taken two large areas of parks and dedicated it to Harry. With the possible expansion after even this upcoming one you have too much potter which in 10-20 years isn't going to be as relevant as it is now. Sure its got some great rides but the characters and story wont be as strong down the road. Thats why i'm glad disney didnt go for it when they had the chance. Because they build stuff that will be relevant in years to come... Except SGE :lookaroun

Thank you! I'm glad someone brought this up! I think that HP will be popular into the foreseeable future and has classic qualities other film franchises of this genre in recent history have failed to show. However too much of a good thing is most definitely the case here. this doesn't even work in the studios park really and your shutting down arguably one of the best overall theme park attractions of all time to do so? bad move universal. I have no problem with an expansion but to expand in this way makes no sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom