Harry Potter at Disney Studios

Brent

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
Harry Potter is tearing the Disney family up!!! HE is the devil!!! :fork:

DING DING DING!!!! Now lets all go to a giant padded room, hold hands & sing "It's A Small World"
:animwink: :brick: :zipit:

LoriMistress

ArielBelle said:
Haha..that's something new. It's harder to bypass a subject then to click on it, read every post, and reply more than once. Oh, how tiring!
If you're going to quote someone, please be advised to not use someone's quote out of context, such as yourself. You're a big girl...I'm sure you can comprehend that.

Now here was the actual quote: But after ignoring the other dozen threads that are about the same mudane topic on a daily basis, just "skipping by the subject" gets tiresome.

MiRi

Guys, seriously, stop arguing over something so petty. The OP is still pretty new. Maybe they were in a hurry or just preoccupied to actually do a search before posting. It happens. We're all human and no one is perfect. Let's try to be nice. It's the Disney way of doing things. ;)

Disneylands: The Harry Potter rumor is an infamous rumor on these boards. I don't remember the story clearly right now. Maybe someone can help me out. I wasn't here when the fiasco with the rumor began here. I learned about it last week.

Now kids, let's be nice to each other. We're all adults here (I think).

LoriMistress

MiRi said:
Guys, seriously, stop arguing over something so petty. The OP is still pretty new. Maybe they were in a hurry or just preoccupied to actually do a search before posting. It happens. We're all human and no one is perfect. Let's try to be nice. It's the Disney way of doing things. ;)
So in other words...

Newbie-Bad.jpg

nibblesandbits

LoriMistress said:
I'm not stupid, and you don't have to write to me in a condecending way. I know by clicking on the thread it's my choice to read the subject. No one forced me to read the thread, or heck, even replying to it. But after ignoring the other dozen threads that are about the same mudane topic on a daily basis, just "skipping by the subject" gets tiresome.

That's part of the problem today in this world...it's YOUR attitude (and others like you), society telling people like myself to "tolerate" certain peoples' incompetence as acceptable. So everyone else has to suffer because someone didn't use common sense to read instructions? Let me use this example: Let's say you, myself, and everyone else on this board work in a company...ah shucks, I'll even say we work for the Disney Co. Now let's say we have "Billy" who never follows instructions, ignores reading the rules, and has poor customer service/people skills. So should you, me, and everyone else should accept this behavior and pick up his slack, because that's basically a part of life? The answer is NO.

My point being to this rant is that your statement is contradictory. While, I have a choice to ignore or repond to a thread. But I have THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH to reply to a commment, regardless if you may find it tasteful or not. I'm intitled to my opinions, and I'll state my opinions however I please. This is a message board...not Germany in 1928.

I apologize. I was not trying to be condecending. I was just stating a fact.

And true that it is your right to ignore or respond to a thread (just like it was your right to respond to what I said and vice versa)...but the fewer people who respond to a thread (especially one that has been talked about quite frequently) the faster it will more or less go away. (Meaning off the front page and on to page 2...)

In case you couldn't tell, I agree with you that this topic has been done and that people should learn to use the search function...but unlike a job, there is no punishment for inability here. These forums are strictly for fun...because of that, your example really isn't valid. People on a job site are allowed some training. If you are new here (or to forums in general) and don't know how things work, you might not know that there is a forum of rules and regulations, especially if you don't scroll down to the bottom of the screen, as I'm sure a lot of newbies don't. (I can't remember if the rules are mentioned when you sign up for the forum or not, seeing as how it's been a while since I registered.)

All I asked for (from everyone, not just yourself) was a little compassion. If somebody's new, give them a break. How hard is it of all of us to be kindly to another person?

Mr Bill

LoriMistress said:
I'm not stupid, and you don't have to write to me in a condecending way. I know by clicking on the thread it's my choice to read the subject. No one forced me to read the thread, or heck, even replying to it. But after ignoring the other dozen threads that are about the same mudane topic on a daily basis, just "skipping by the subject" gets tiresome.

That's part of the problem today in this world...it's YOUR attitude (and others like you), society telling people like myself to "tolerate" certain peoples' incompetence as acceptable. So everyone else has to suffer because someone didn't use common sense to read instructions? Let me use this example: Let's say you, myself, and everyone else on this board work in a company...ah shucks, I'll even say we work for the Disney Co. Now let's say we have "Billy" who never follows instructions, ignores reading the rules, and has poor customer service/people skills. So should you, me, and everyone else should accept this behavior and pick up his slack, because that's basically a part of life? The answer is NO.

My point being to this rant is that your statement is contradictory. While, I have a choice to ignore or repond to a thread. But I have THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH to reply to a commment, regardless if you may find it tasteful or not. I'm intitled to my opinions, and I'll state my opinions however I please. This is a message board...not Germany in 1928.

I agree with you to a point. But while we are on the subject of following rules, whatever happened with that five lines in a signature thing?

GoldenFantasmic

change of subject. I am new somewhat to these boards, but who is in favor of knocking down millenium village and putting up ______ wee's playhouse. Or how about in the Japan pavilion putting up an e-ticket south seas jungle themed attraction called find the missing WWII soldier. Sorry if this offends anyone

MiRi

Just a suggestion to the great moderators of the board.

I visit a Sims 2 message board where a repeated topic would pop up every once in awhile. ("Where is Bella Goth?" "I found Bella Goth!".... those who are familiar with The Sims 2 know what I mean.) What they started doing was locking all the repeated topics and they posted a pinned message on the top of the forum that exlpained how to get that one character, Bella Goth on the game. That has worked great on the boards. Maybe you guys can do something like that too, make a sticky explaining that the HP thing is only a rumor and whatnot.

Here's an example...

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8333/clipboard017zd.jpg

Again, this is just an idea. The mods do a wonderful job already and we appreciate you guys a lot.

Captain Chaos

NTI2002 said:
my god...I usually try to remain civil on these boards, but I can't take it anymore...

DISNEY DOES NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER TO HARRY POTTER!

THE MOVIES ARE PRODUCED BY WARNER BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They own the rights to broadcast it on TV.....

MiRi

FantasmicFan said:
Hey, I go on on that message board too! I kow what ou mean about Bella Goth, we get a new thread nearly everyday don't we!

Yea. It used to be a lot worse, which is why they added that one post as a sticky, along with the teen woohoo and whatnot.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Tigger1988 said:
I am relatively new here, but I have the common sense to use the search. Its not too hard to read back a few pages on the forum to see if your topic has been brought up. I don't see the members as being rude seeing as we're being asked the same questions over and over again every week.

I DID SEARCH but apparently not well enough so please dont comment on my common sense, you dont even know me. I am new here and yes even I have read bout the monorail expansion, and although a good idea I know that it will never happen. and yes i DID search for that. So I guess I have more common sense than you think.

And to everyone else, yeah okay I made a mistake, please just END THE THREAD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom