Harry Potter at Disney Studios

nibblesandbits

I see both sides of the coin here:
On one hand-those of us who have been around here for a while (some of us a LONG while) who have seen just about every topic posted once and wish people would look things up before posting new threads...
On the other hand-people who are newbies and who don't exactly know how this site works yet...

I say...give the newbies some slack...sure Harry Potter and the monorail expansion (and some other choice topics...JayDarkKnight, anybody???) have been done to death...but in my opinion once somebody has posted the fact (nicely) that maybe the newbie learn what the search function is for and/or posted a few example threads, let the thread die!!! Don't whine and complain that this thread has been talked about and talked about. It's pointless and it only makes the newbie feel stupid and makes them feel as though we are an unfriendly bunch.

Just remember, we were all new at one point or another.

LoriMistress

Old-BTF.jpg

M:SpilotISTC12

nibblesandbits said:
I see both sides of the coin here:
On one hand-those of us who have been around here for a while (some of us a LONG while) who have seen just about every topic posted once and wish people would look things up before posting new threads...
On the other hand-people who are newbies and who don't exactly know how this site works yet...

I say...give the newbies some slack...sure Harry Potter and the monorail expansion (and some other choice topics...JayDarkKnight, anybody???) have been done to death...but in my opinion once somebody has posted the fact (nicely) that maybe the newbie learn what the search function is for and/or posted a few example threads, let the thread die!!! Don't whine and complain that this thread has been talked about and talked about. It's pointless and it only makes the newbie feel stupid and makes them feel as though we are an unfriendly bunch.

Just remember, we were all new at one point or another.

True Story!!!

Tigger1988

I am relatively new here, but I have the common sense to use the search. Its not too hard to read back a few pages on the forum to see if your topic has been brought up. I don't see the members as being rude seeing as we're being asked the same questions over and over again every week.

LoriMistress

Jesus, how hard is it to do a search on the boards or read the guidelines of the message board? It's not that difficult to follow. It's annoying every two weeks to read the same inane threads countless times over the redundant topics.

nibblesandbits

Tigger1988 said:
I am relatively new here, but I have the common sense to use the search. Its not too hard to read back a few pages on the forum to see if your topic has been brought up. I don't see the members as being rude seeing as we're being asked the same questions over and over again every week.
I didn't say they were being rude, I just asked for some compassion.

LoriMistress said:
Jesus, how hard is it to do a search on the boards or read the guidelines of the message board? It's not that difficult to follow. It's annoying every two weeks to read the same inane threads countless times over the redundant topics.

Well, as other people have said...you don't have to open the thread...you don't have to read it. Reading it is your choice.

ArielBelle

gcurling said:
Why does everyone seem so concerned about the fact that the poster opened a new thread on this topic? If you aren't interested in posting in the thread, then why not just ignore it? No real need to tell the poster how sick you are of the topic.

Funny..the same thing I wrote a little while ago and had 14 pages of people blasting me for it.

If it says Harry potter as the forum title...and you don't want to read about Harry Potter possibilities----then who made you feel as though you had to click on every forum? And then you :cry: about it for 10 pages of wasted thoughts...wow... :cry: should be a topic too...

nibblesandbits

Tigger1988 said:
I wasn't speaking in regards to you, but rather wdwfan22 who stated we have the rudest members.
Ok...but I was just clarifying, possibly for others who might be confused. I didn't want people to think I thought people here were rude. :lol:

(Oh, as a note...if you are talking to someone else in a previous post, if you could use the quotes, please? Or state wdwfan's name in the post...That way there's no confusion! :D )

nelsonj3

Aye!!

:lol:

Actually, the LONG Harry Potter Thread is only on Page 2 or 3 of this forum. That wouldn't have taken long to find.
I'm gonna go read Harry Potter now. :)

LoriMistress

nibblesandbits said:
Well, as other people have said...you don't have to open the thread...you don't have to read it. Reading it is your choice.
I'm not stupid, and you don't have to write to me in a condecending way. I know by clicking on the thread it's my choice to read the subject. No one forced me to read the thread, or heck, even replying to it. But after ignoring the other dozen threads that are about the same mudane topic on a daily basis, just "skipping by the subject" gets tiresome.

That's part of the problem today in this world...it's YOUR attitude (and others like you), society telling people like myself to "tolerate" certain peoples' incompetence as acceptable. So everyone else has to suffer because someone didn't use common sense to read instructions? Let me use this example: Let's say you, myself, and everyone else on this board work in a company...ah shucks, I'll even say we work for the Disney Co. Now let's say we have "Billy" who never follows instructions, ignores reading the rules, and has poor customer service/people skills. So should you, me, and everyone else should accept this behavior and pick up his slack, because that's basically a part of life? The answer is NO.

My point being to this rant is that your statement is contradictory. While, I have a choice to ignore or repond to a thread. But I have THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH to reply to a commment, regardless if you may find it tasteful or not. I'm intitled to my opinions, and I'll state my opinions however I please. This is a message board...not Germany in 1928.

imagineer boy

Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH! We finnaly kill off the old never ending Harry Potter thread and a new one starts up! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :brick: :brick: :hurl: :fork: :hammer: :zipit: :dazzle: :fork: :goodnevil

NTI2002

my god...I usually try to remain civil on these boards, but I can't take it anymore...

DISNEY DOES NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER TO HARRY POTTER!

THE MOVIES ARE PRODUCED BY WARNER BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wdwishes2005

imagineer boy said:
ARGH! We finnaly kill off the old never ending Harry Potter thread and a new one starts up! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :brick: :brick: :hurl: :fork: :hammer: :zipit: :dazzle: :fork: :goodnevil

its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom