Harambe Nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer

disney4life2008

I just read a review on the previous on the food blog site and WOW does that food look amazing. I am not into orchestras but the food looks amazing.

disney4life2008

Shheeeeesh - so many stooopid peoples. . .:rolleyes:
I think the proof is in the results. There are a number of people who see this as a very nice event and well worth the extra money. Looking forward to reading some of the first reviews. . .

I was one of the detractors. However, while it looks nice now I have no doubt if it returns it will be dumbed downed considerably with a 15 to 20 dollar increase

prberk

IT would be really neat if they could have gotten some of the actors who were in the original to be the narrator for the event. Still looks like a good list thought :) Nathan Lane would be a good special guest :)

The "get" would be Jonathan Taylor Thomas, or James Earl Jones. (Can you imagine if they did that during a Star Wars weekend? The Star Wars fans would not know which way to go if JEJ appeared at DAK at the same time as a SW weekend.)

bhg469

Who cares? Really, who...flipping...cares, except about two dozen people in this forum, who get extremely bent out of shape by the fact that a media company that peddles no product essential to life has found a way to promote themselves in a positive light?
Because it is my opinion and i sort of care. It indirectly effects me when Disney makes these after hours events because it gives them a reason to not be open for me when I go. Why do you care so much about my opinion?

COProgressFan

If it helps to clear confusion, my friend isn't part of the prominent "media" groups. She's a CM, which is I assumed there was a rehearsal of sorts last night.

I know a CM couple who were also there (and neither work at DAK)... I'm assuming there was an opportunity for some CMs to attend as well.

jakeman

Because it is my opinion and i sort of care. It indirectly effects me when Disney makes these after hours events because it gives them a reason to not be open for me when I go. Why do you care so much about my opinion?
What does that have to do with who was invited to the media event?

EDIT: This is costing you a whopping hour of park time in an area of the park that closes at dusk anyways. If you're concerned about hard ticketed events you've picked the wrong one to get angsty over.

Minthorne

I'll post more later but:

Scale of 1-10

Food: 10 - outstanding
Orchestera and choir and other performers: 10
Premium Seating: 2 on the floor with terrible view since the stage wasn't raised enough.
Tech: 3 nothing spectacular and numberous errors

Sound balance was very off a lot of the time.

They relied on video projection of the movie about half the time including using the vocal from the movie for key songs.
The food saved the day. The show left me underwhelmed.

disney4life2008

Thank you for your honest posting. I would be livid to pay this amount of money for a show and I can not even see it. And they showed scenes from the actual movie? What a waste. But the food looks good but still not worth the money.

jrw4001

Thank you for review, I have tickets for next week 6/14, have Premium seating also, reserved seat numbers? Get there real early for best seating? What would you recommend. Thank you.

HI, Thanks for the review. Im going on the 26th July. I was wondering what was the food procedure like -Is it easy to get up a second time or is it really busy? Are there seats for everyone at the dinner bit?

WDWLover#1

What does that have to do with who was invited to the media event?

EDIT: This is costing you a whopping hour of park time in an area of the park that closes at dusk anyways. If you're concerned about hard ticketed events you've picked the wrong one to get angsty over.
My view is that they keep the park open-or Harambe anyway-till the last guest leaves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom