Happy Birthday Wonders of Life

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Today is the pavilion's 15th birthday. Wonders of Life made it's debut on October 19, 1989.

Too bad it may not exist anymore. :mad:

dxwwf3

Happy birthday to one of the best buildings in all of WDW. During it's prime, there was NO PLACE on WDW that was as popular (even Space Mountain). I'll never forget those 2 hour Body Wars waits.

Scooter

The Wonders of Life Pavillion died a slow, miserable death. :cry:

Canceling then closing shows...closed shops and lack of any real solid theming or things to do there caused attendance to slowly drop to practically nothing.

I DO remember the long waits for Body Wars..but sadly those days dissapeared long ago.

We can only hope that the DI's and Disney Management can revitalize this Pavillion, and make it rise from the dead and live, shine and become a BETTER and more interesting place to make Park guests want to flock to again.

But until then...May it rest in peace. :snore:

TinkerBell9988

Happy Birthday, Wonders of Life!

Too bad you had to spend it alone... without me... I would have brought you a cake in the shape of a DNA molecule... :slurp:

The tribute video that Grizz made almost brought me to tears.... okay I admit it, it did!

rosebud's mom

TinkerBell9988 said:
Happy Birthday, Wonders of Life!

Too bad you had to spend it alone... without me... I would have brought you a cake in the shape of a DNA molecule... :slurp:

The tribute video that Grizz made almost brought me to tears.... okay I admit it, it did!

I must salute :

Wonders of Life
Grizz's video
and lastly, TinkerBell 9988's cake-making skill !!! :lol: :wave: :lol:

DarkMeasures

Well, I don't know who to blame for the Pavilian's "death".

Was it the imagineers for creating an 80's feel that would not last more than 5 years?

Was it the drop of Metlife as a sponsor?

Was it management who felt the pavilian was now useless?

Was it the imagineers again for not trying to update the pavilian?

Was it upper-management for not forcing Imagineers to update.

Was it Upper-management for just wanting to pay less on taxes?

Oh well. Both Cranium Command and Body Wars are great, but they have aged very badly. It is proof that timelessness is more important that what is "now".

Well, I have enjoyed WoL to its fullness. Even if it never re-opens, I still feel fullfilled with the pavlian. I hope its successor will be more successful.

Oh course, I would say Mission Space would suffer the same fate as WoL, but I have pointed out easy expansion but besides that, the attraction was designed to change.

Cranium Command is great though. I remember seeing it when I was 3-years old, that and Dumbo are really my only memories of that trip. I might remember some of 20k but I don't know if it was from watching a suviner tape or from actually being on it. (I have ridden it).

sabian

Eisner says,"Hey, i have an excellent idea. For Wonders of life's birthday, Let's close it!! Huh, great idea huh guys?.... :lol:
Executive members of the board, Beavis and Butthead reply, "Yeah, huh, huh, uh uh, huh, huh, uh, huhh, huhh...yeah,,that would be Coool. huh, huh, huh, huh."

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The thing that strikes me as funny is how everyone all the sudden cares about WoL and is complaining about how it is now closed.... yet... everytime I have gone in there in the past 5 years... when it was open... the place was a complete ghost town... Its like it was closed already...lol

Hopefully something new (weather it be a re-tooled pavilion , or a whole new pavilion or attraction) will go into the WoL area soon... and we dont have an empty/unused building in Future World for a very long time again. :) :wave:

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Just add giant mickey ears to the roof and make it a giant character meet & greet. Fill up the rest of the space with a big store selling pins. LMAO

dxwwf3

DMC-12 said:
The thing that strikes me as funny is how everyone all the sudden cares about WoL and is complaining about how it is now closed.... yet... everytime I have gone in there in the past 5 years... when it was open... the place was a complete ghost town... Its like it was closed already...lol

Well the probable reason for that is because there are so many people in the parks that have no clue about them whatsoever. They don't know what's good and what's bad. I've always liked WoL, but I'm a big WDW fan. You can't really compare popularity (among WDW fans) to attendence.

I mean do you think that the average guest really cares about the parks? :wave:

sabian

Wonders of life was not visited much because the powers that were decided to leave it alone. The attractions in the pavilion were the same. There never was any updating. Who wants to eat the same thing for lunch every day of their life. Same difference. Once you have done body wars and cranium command 500 times, how often and eager are you to do it again. Management problem, not pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom