Happy 70th Birthday Donald Duck

KevinPage

Original Poster
Donald debuted today in 1934.

Also, Mussolini's favorite cartoon character was Donald Duck

And according to Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, taken from "News of the Weird":

..." a Tulsa, Oklahoma, physican, writing in a 1992 issue of the IRISH JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE, reported on a 32 year old woman whose neighbors had a large satelitte dish installed in their yard. This woman became convinced she was being wooed by Donald Duck and that the dish was put there to facilitate his communicating with her. After "hovering" around the dish, she eventually undressed and climbed into it...where she later said she consumated the marriage to Mr. Duck."

:D

Erika

Looks like someone else besides me has Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Day-By-Day Calendar :lol:

Happy birthday, Donald!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Happy Birthday $%##$%(

I'm amazed Pixie Duster wasn't right on this.

Thanks for the post KevinPage...except for the satellite image that will be stuck in my head all day...:zipit:

bork

Anyone remember Donald's 50th Birthday parade at the Magic Kingddom in 1984? I was only 9 at the time, but I remember it vividly because it was my first trip to WDW.

BigNorm

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" Happy Birthday Donald! You're still without a doubt the premier duck in show business. Daffy who?

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by bork
Anyone remember Donald's 50th Birthday parade at the Magic Kingddom in 1984? I was only 9 at the time, but I remember it vividly because it was my first trip to WDW.

That was the year of my first trip too! I remember the song, "Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy, happy, birthday to you!" Too bad I can only hear the song in my head! :lol:

I was wondering if anybody would remember that too!

Happy Birthday Donald!

TheDisneyGirl02

FigmentJedi

Happy Birthday Donald!!! Though it may be your birthday, that still doesn't mean I'm putting you back into my KH party, as your HP sucks.

netenyahoo

Happy Birthday to #2! He thinks he is #1, but he is mistaken. I corrected him once and boy did he get mad and jumped up and down.

DopeyJas2004

Happy Birthday Donald !!!
"who's got the sweetest disposition, one guess guess who! who never ever starts an argument, who never shows a biut of temperment.Who's never wrong but always right! Who'd never dream of starting a fight! Who gets stuck with all the bad luck, no one.. but Donald Duck!"

I had the t.v. special from 1984 but my dad taped over it! :cry: :fork: oh well i still have the second half of it on that tape :brick: :mad:

mickey04

Originally posted by dmmgp2000
Isn't his middle name Fauntleroy? I mave have spelled that wrong.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my all-time favorite Duck!
Yup, Fauntleroy it is!

And here's some more Donald trivia from LaughingPlace.com:

1. Donald Duck made his debut June 9, 1934, in what Silly Symphony?
2. What color is Donald’s sailor shirt and hat?
3. Name Donald’s three nephews.
4. What was the title of Donald’s 1942 film that urged Americans to pay their taxes on time to support the war effort?
5. Who supplied the original voice of Donald Duck?
6. Der Fuehrer’s Face (1943) earned an Academy Award for Best Cartoon. What was to be its original title?
7. What artist is most closely associated with Donald Duck Comic Books?
8. In which cartoon do we learn that Donald’s middle name is Fauntleroy?
9. What college has permission to employ Donald as its mascot?
10. Donald appeared in Mickey Mouse’s first color cartoon, The Band Concert. He annoyed Mickey the bandleader by playing what tune on his flute?
11. What company marketed Donald Duck Cola?
12. Clyde Geronimi made his directorial debut on what Donald Duck cartoon?
13. What rodents were frequently cast as Donald’s antagonists?
14. Donald plays an assistant aboard Noah’s Ark in what animated feature?
15. Who provides Donald’s voice today?

Pixie Duster

Good trivia... hopefully I can see Donald again today, but at least I got to sing Happy Birthday to him yesterday. Donald and Daisy are by far my favorite characters.

Gotta buy the LE Pin today.

dmmgp2000

Are the parks doing anything to celebrate Donald's Birthday today? If anyone knows of anything special going on at WDW or Disneyland I'd love to hear about it!

Disnycrazy

Happy Birthday Donald...

I also remeber the parade vividly, it was my first trip to Disney when I was 8. I also have the parade on tape because my grandparents taped it for me when I was there. I was actually looking for it the other day to show my husband. I think I will have to take it out and show him that tonight in honor of the worlds best duck.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

marchofthecards

i have this song

That was the year of my first trip too! I remember the song, "Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy, happy, birthday to you!" Too bad I can only hear the song in my head!

I was wondering if anybody would remember that too!

Happy Birthday Donald!

TheDisneyGirl02

They continue to play this song whenever there is a birthday at breakfast in the hotels at Disneyland Paris. The characters come out with a cake and play this song.

If ur interested in getting it from me, email me for details!

BTW....priorities right - Happy Birthday Donald!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom