Happy 70th Birthday Donald Duck

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by mickey04
Yup, Fauntleroy it is!

And here's some more Donald trivia from LaughingPlace.com:

1. Donald Duck made his debut June 9, 1934, in what Silly Symphony?
2. What color is Donald’s sailor shirt and hat?
3. Name Donald’s three nephews.
4. What was the title of Donald’s 1942 film that urged Americans to pay their taxes on time to support the war effort?
5. Who supplied the original voice of Donald Duck?
6. Der Fuehrer’s Face (1943) earned an Academy Award for Best Cartoon. What was to be its original title?
7. What artist is most closely associated with Donald Duck Comic Books?
8. In which cartoon do we learn that Donald’s middle name is Fauntleroy?
9. What college has permission to employ Donald as its mascot?
10. Donald appeared in Mickey Mouse’s first color cartoon, The Band Concert. He annoyed Mickey the bandleader by playing what tune on his flute?
11. What company marketed Donald Duck Cola?
12. Clyde Geronimi made his directorial debut on what Donald Duck cartoon?
13. What rodents were frequently cast as Donald’s antagonists?
14. Donald plays an assistant aboard Noah’s Ark in what animated feature?
15. Who provides Donald’s voice today?

1 - The Wise Little Hen
2 - blue
3 - Huey, Dewey & Louie (Lewey)
4 - Taxes for The Axis or Taxes to Defeat the Axis
5 - Clarence Nash
13 - Chip n Dale
14 - Fantasia 2000 - Pomp & Circumstance

The others I don't know so won't bother with a guess. Thanks for the trivia :D

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by bork
Anyone remember Donald's 50th Birthday parade at the Magic Kingddom in 1984? I was only 9 at the time, but I remember it vividly because it was my first trip to WDW.

For an even weirder parade/theme song. Tokyo Disneyland has/had a parade called "Donald's Wacky Kingdom".

I purchased the soundtrack a few years ago and Japanese singers, singing in English keep repeating "go,go go,go-go wacky Donald" "he's super super wacky, super super duck parade" over and over and over.

Strange, weird, annoying, but oddly catching :D

StuntDoomBuggy

Hey Donald!
So, Your 70, Eh? Good Face Lift!
Ok, Everyone, Clap Along..
This Is Your Birthday Song,
It Isn't Very Long..
*pause*
happy birthday donald..

tigger248

Originally posted by bork
Anyone remember Donald's 50th Birthday parade at the Magic Kingddom in 1984? I was only 9 at the time, but I remember it vividly because it was my first trip to WDW.

I remember that! :) I never saw it in person but I had it recorded from the Disney Channel. We lived in North Dakota at the time and got channels from 2 different time zones (I think mountain and central but I don't remember) so we watched it when they showed it first, really liked it, and then recorded it when it was on again. I used to act out the parade and dance around the house singing the song and using place mats as the happy birthday banners. We probably still have it somewhere. Now I want to go find it and see if we still have it.

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by mickey04
Yup, Fauntleroy it is!

And here's some more Donald trivia from LaughingPlace.com:

10. Donald appeared in Mickey Mouse’s first color cartoon, The Band Concert. He annoyed Mickey the bandleader by playing what tune on his flute?

A: Turkey in the Straw

There's no better way to celebrate his 70th birthday than to buy his Disney Treasures DVD, so today, I did! :sohappy: :sohappy:

I still have my Donald Duck 50th birthday Bradley watch, purchased on Main Street USA. :lookaroun

Sadly, according to the unofficial biography by Leonard Mosley, "Disney's World," Walt never particularly liked Donald Duck. I refuse to believe that. Could Donald have been the talented but under-appreciated "other child?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom