News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

jrhwdw

Out of curiosity, why are people so happy with the idea of HEA going away? From what I understand, it seems like HEA is one of the most popular additions to WDW in possibly its entire existence. A lot of the hate against it replacing Wishes was SILENCED the night it debuted and everyone begged for it to come back 2 years ago. I absolutely adore Wishes it's one of my favorite things Disney has ever done and it's a core childhood memory for me (I can't listen to the soundtrack without tearing up multiple times) but why do people want it to replace HEA?

Wishes had an almost 14 year run, Illuminations ran for 20 years, Fantasmic is still going after all these years. HEA is only 7 years old and has technically only been running for 5 full years (3 actually if we wanna get really technical). If the product is good, let it have its moment. Like Imagine if Wishes died in 2010 instead of 2017?
Hoping Wishes returns for DAH or for Day Guests for a short time to go along with Starlight(if that pays tribute to Wishes....)is not wishing HEA's End.............

Chef idea Mickey`=

“Soon” on Disney time differs from how most of us define “soon.”
well wow then. I suppose they are excited about the ability to be able to modify with this able equipment. The thing is if they are switching out songs the IP ones that is then it would have to be switched by another of the theme. One for family, one for friendship etc

Do I suspect it is about time to implement Encanto into a night time show in Disney Parks and Family Madrigal goes for the family segment?" Maybe I should be quiet 🤭

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
The bookends for Luminous are the clear strengths. Just make some dabs in the middle and add a fire barge.
😚
Not trying to be facetious, and I know that there was programming elements shown in a bts about the fire barges, but where would they fit within the existing show? I understood their use within ROE with chaos, and their use in WOC at DCA, but no part of the show especially jumps out at me as being conducive to isopar jets. Maybe a very small portion within Friend like me, but that seems too short to justify a new technical component (that has not been done with much consistency since Murphy’s demise).

Chef idea Mickey`=

Not trying to be facetious, and I know that there was programming elements shown in a bts about the fire barges, but where would they fit within the existing show? In understood their use within ROE with chaos, and their use in WOC at DCA, but no part of the show especially jumps out at me as being conducive to isopar jets.
Nothing is intense in Luminous for such epic chaos fire exploding large components. Meaning they didn't feature anger or divorce or family sibling fights in this lifetime show🤭🤭😅🤣😅 I would like though they did a segment using the torches more in heart stuff like family and friendship.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Nothing is intense in Luminous for such epic chaos fire exploding large components. Meaning they didn't feature anger or divorce or family sibling fights in this lifetime show🤭🤭😅🤣😅 I would like though they did a segment using the torches more in heart stuff like family and friendship.
They should just screw with us by adding the same pirates audio from HEA that they’ve seemingly used in at least one show per resort since 2016.

Chef idea Mickey`=

They should just screw with us by adding the same pirates audio from HEA that they’ve seemingly used in at least one show per resort since 2016.
And that would stick to the component that life comes with tribulations whether in friendships, family, love. Not everything is roses and peaches so blow it up! 😂🔥

Chef idea Mickey`=

Not trying to be facetious, and I know that there was programming elements shown in a bts about the fire barges, but where would they fit within the existing show? I understood their use within ROE with chaos, and their use in WOC at DCA, but no part of the show especially jumps out at me as being conducive to isopar jets).
They should use it at the beginning of the show after the "Welcome" segment before Heartbeat Symphony. It would represent the sparkle triumphant awness powerful wonder of being born is, formation into the world is. This would then flow into the narration of Heartbeat Symphony and when we were born for You'll Be In My Heart.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Glad that’s the case. I remember the rumored changes to Harmonious that obviously ended up not happening.
Ooo could you spill what those rumors were?

That's exactly what "A Whole New World" would do for the show!!
I miss it the one from Epcot Forever the instrumental segment with all the countries blinking beside it. 😍🤩😍🥰

It wouldn't fit for Luminous by it's theme. I See the Light is suit and alright for it's tidbit moment. I get Katherine McPhee blends perfectly with Shelea on Beating of Hearts but generally I dislike any celebrity status person to be given a singing part especially for an Epcot one. Kellie Coffey was so better imagine her doing I see The light. 😭 Katherine can do Beating of Our Hearts.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Because you can't want what you don't have if you have what you want. And these boards thrive on FOMO
Again, thinking DE/Wishes could be used in certain situations is not calling for HEA demise! I KNOW this Site favors HEA, I do as well but DL rotates Fireworks Shows all the time! Before DL's 60th, there was 4 rotating Shows a year for DL. RDCT, Magical, Halloween Screams(some years with a Paywall, some years not) and Believe Holiday. Which didn't affect the life of each other. Why couldn't MK do something like that??????

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I don’t know exactly what the plan was, but the rumor I heard most often was some kind of finale replacement (changing out Someday with its reflective tone to a more upbeat party-like end to better match the rest of the show). Encanto was suggested to be in the running (which made sense based on the movie doing well right as Harmonious stumbled). I was apparently part of the minority that liked the finale as it was, but was surprised that nothing ever happened in integrating it into the show (and even more surprised that it didn’t make an appearance in L:SOE). I think (and someone else please correct me if I’m wrong) that the ultimate downfall of Harmonious was during an executive retreat in late summer 2022 with Chapek and D’Amaro where they realized (to their credit) that Harmonious was essentially dead in the water with guests and was causing ops and maintenance nightmares.

jrhwdw

I don’t know exactly what the plan was, but the rumor I heard most often was some kind of finale replacement (changing out Someday with its reflective tone to a more upbeat party-like end to better match the rest of the show). Encanto was suggested to be in the running (which made sense based on the movie doing well right as Harmonious stumbled). I was apparently part of the minority that liked the finale as it was, but was surprised that nothing ever happened in integrating it into the show (and even more surprised that it didn’t make an appearance in L:SOE). I think (and someone else please correct me if I’m wrong) that the ultimate downfall of Harmonious was during an executive retreat in late summer 2022 with Chapek and D’Amaro where they realized (to their credit) that Harmonious was essentially dead in the water with guests and was causing ops and maintenance nightmares.
I liked 99% of Someday. I hated and never understood why it needed that Fake Stop Blackout!

aladdin2007

I miss it the one from Epcot Forever the instrumental segment with all the countries blinking beside it. 😍🤩😍🥰

It wouldn't fit for Luminous by it's theme. I See the Light is suit and alright for it's tidbit moment. I get Katherine McPhee blends perfectly with Shelea on Beating of Hearts but generally I dislike any celebrity status person to be given a singing part especially for an Epcot one. Kellie Coffey was so better imagine her doing I see The light. 😭 Katherine can do Beating of Our Hearts.
she was suppose to do a new version of Tomorrows Child for SE, back during the 07 refurb, was so disappointed that never materialized. She was one of the best, wish they could bring her back for one of the shows somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom