News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Disney Glimpses

The comparison of four versions of Happily Ever After feels interesting for me, giving that they still use the original soundtrack but there's different movement of spotlights. Here's the comparison video that i made.

Thanks for doing this. I didn't realize how frequent those mega lights were used. It's really obvious now, wow.

With the amount of reprogramming, safe to say they are gone for good. I just don't really understand the new intro programming though. It's really bad.

Last edited:

Disone

I noticed the same. But the projections look much better on Main Street for HEA then they did in DE.
Agreed. I suspect , like the castle, they actually created new HEA animation purposely drawn to fit onto the Main Street buildings surfaces versus Disney Enchantment, which I believe just took existing animation and tried to project them onto the buildings as best as they can.

It's a huge improvement. And yes, I agree with the observation that Main Street is more of an extension of the castle and not competing with the castle and I absolutely love it that way. There was a part where there were some explosions by the castle and they look like they jumped all the way over from the castle and then started hitting the main street buildings and it was a marvelous effect.

Disney Analyst

Agreed. I suspect , like the castle, they actually created new HEA animation purposely drawn to fit onto the Main Street buildings surfaces versus Disney Enchantment, which I believe just took existing animation and tried to project them onto the buildings as best as they can.

It's a huge improvement. And yes, I agree with the observation that Main Street is more of an extension of the castle and not competing with the castle and I absolutely love it that way. There was a part where there were some explosions by the castle and they look like they jumped all the way over from the castle and then started hitting the main street buildings and it was a marvelous effect.

I also enjoy that you see Grandma Manta Ray swim by on the buildings before she swims up the castle.

Also Baymax zooming by!!

gerarar

Premium Member
In addition to Miguel and Mirabel, Mrs. Incredible can be spotted on Main Street during the triumph section.
Screenshot_20230315_194147_TikTok.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I wonder when they’ll announce the HEA breakfast bounty, the HEA lunchtime special, the pre-pre-party HEA tea and cookies, and the post-post-party HEA nightcap.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder when they’ll announce the HEA breakfast bounty, the HEA lunchtime special, the pre-pre-party HEA tea and cookies, and the post-post-party HEA nightcap.
I’ll pay for all of it.
I am SO happy this show is back. I watched a video of the return on YouTube. I missed it ssoooo much. I can’t wait to see it in person! I’m local and hubby just got hired with a third party (Mexico pavilion server). I’m buying an annual just for this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the video for Main Street projections at HEA. One thing missing is the searchlights at the roof of the Main street USA, although it doesn't necessary to have it unlike Disneyland ones giving how tall MK's castle is.

In near future, there's a video comparing the original 2017, 2021, and the new current version of HEA.

OMG, so much better than DE's cartoon characters and flash animation.

The new MSUSA projection is very graphic, like Minnie's Wonderful Christmas, and it throws in the animations as seen on the castle.

It's not the full 'show' you'll see on the castle. But if you're close to the train than the castle, it'll provide some extra touches to seeing the fireworks from so far away.

The one thing that the MSUSA projections does better than the castle is highlight the couples during At Last I See the Light. On the castle, they're hard to make out. On MSUSA, you can clearly seeing them make out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom