News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

gerarar

Premium Member
Yeah. Was it foggy last night or are they just that good? I remember squinting to try to see the lasers during IllumiNations 20 years ago. They’ve come a long way. The colors are so vibrant. It really adds to the finale.
I'm not sure if they upgraded the castle's lasers recently, but their effects look nearly identical to Fantasmic's.

At F!, the lasers there are so vibrant and beautiful, fog or no fog.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm not sure if they upgraded the castle's lasers recently, but their effects look nearly identical to Fantasmic's.

At F!, the lasers there are so vibrant and beautiful, fog or no fog.
Well in Fantasmic there’s lots of smoke and water going everywhere that makes them easier to see. I also believe they updated the lasers for Enchantment.

Disney Glimpses

I really, really, really hope the main spotlights in the intro return. It's such an important effect.

1678894707399.png

Last edited:

No Name

Any guesses how long HEA will last? I feel like it’s return isn’t meant to be long term but more to keep the fans until they come up with, what they hope, will be a worthy replacement.

I personally wish they would focus on bringing back a night parade to go along with HEA rather than a HEA replacement.
HEA is the worthy replacement!

Disney Glimpses

Any guesses how long HEA will last? I feel like it’s return isn’t meant to be long term but more to keep the fans until they come up with, what they hope, will be a worthy replacement.

I personally wish they would focus on bringing back a night parade to go along with HEA rather than a HEA replacement.
My understanding is they aren't even thinking about what the next MK show will look like. Expect 5-10 years.

Remember, HEA really only ran for 2 years, 10 months prior to COVID (and a lot of people didn't travel during COVID). So there are still a ridiculous amount of once a year, once every two years, once every three year guests who have only seen HEA once or twice or perhaps not even at all.

This show has a LOT of runway left.

waltography

Am I missing something? The spotlights are there. Just not as bright for some reason.

Compare 1:06 from the 2023 version to 2:17 from 2021 (the videos start a couple seconds before each timestamp).

If this is the case, it's small but I will miss that hit. The way those spotlights hit the castle just worked so well with the music.

EDIT: Saw the photo comparisons just now, my bad. But still relevant here for video comparison.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Am I missing something? The spotlights are there. Just not as bright for some reason.
There are two arrays of very, very powerful spotlights that illuminate the top of the castle as soon as the show starts (and right before the narration begins with the deep drum beat) as well as shined very, very bright in the sky at one part during the laser dotted section that were completely absent during the test and last night. There are 8 arrays of lights, only 6 (less powerful ones) were active.

1678912195978.png

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
There are two arrays of very, very powerful spotlights that illuminate the top of the castle as soon as the show starts (and right before the narration begins with the deep drum beat) as well as shined very, very bright in the sky at one part during the laser dotted section that were completely absent during the test and last night. There are 8 arrays of lights, only 6 (less powerful ones) were active.

View attachment 704080
So I've looked into it, and the big spotlights have actually been offline since August 2022, around when Disney Enchantment 2.0 debuted.

In the DE finale, they're colored yellow and light up the immediate area around castle yellow during post-show as shown below:
Screenshot_20230315_162507_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230315_162525_YouTube.jpg

But for some reason ever since, they've been off:
Screenshot_20230315_162605_YouTube.jpg

I don't think they're coming back for HEA anytime soon, if they've been offline 7+ months now.

Maybe time to ask some insiders/sources on the status of them lol?

Disney Glimpses

So I've looked into it, and the big spotlights have been offline since August 2022, around when Disney Enchantment 2.0 debuted.

In the DE finale, they're colored yellow and light up the immediate area around castle yellow during post-show as shown below:
View attachment 704106
View attachment 704107

But for some reason ever since, they've been off:
View attachment 704109

I don't think they're coming back for HEA anytime soon, if they've been offline 7+ months now.
Thank you for this! I had been wondering this myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom