News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

gerarar

Premium Member
New?? Not Pe COVID HEA-DE's??????
No. The only lasers in the finale was when the two comets meet each other (Wishes Easter egg) and during the final barrage of fireworks. Now there's lasers throughout the finale when the castle projections change colors. It was originally in the bts videos but was cut before it debuted in 2017. Guess they finally decided to restore the cut effects.

mattpeto

Everything about that show is better than Enchantment.

And I liked Enchantment more than most of you here.

The message. The music. The projections.

And I’m not expert on pyro and lasers but it looked fantastic tonight. The Main Street projections just bump it forward even more.

Happily Ever After deserved a lengthy run and it’s back.

wtyy21

Here's the video for Main Street projections at HEA. One thing missing is the searchlights at the roof of the Main street USA, although it doesn't necessary to have it unlike Disneyland ones giving how tall MK's castle is.

In near future, there's a video comparing the original 2017, 2021, and the new current version of HEA.

Last edited:

waltography

Here's the video for Main Street projections at HEA. One thing missing is the searchlights at the roof of the Main street USA, although it doesn't necessary to have it unlike Disneyland ones giving how tall MK's castle is.

In near future, there's a video comparing the original 2017, 2021, and the new current version of HEA.

It’s apparent in this video there seems to be a distinct difference in the design philosophy for how they treat Main Street in HEA vs. WJ; HEA uses Main Street to extend its placemaking but all attention is still on the castle, whereas WJ uses Main Street as an alternate view in case you can’t see what’s on the castle. The redundancy adds a lot more visual interest in WJ that’s missing in the more restrained street projections for HEA (but you could also argue it means Main Street isn’t competing for attention with the castle, so YMMV on what’s better).

In any case, I’m glad both domestic castle parks have incredible shows again. Got goosebumps seeing the laser effects in the finale, what a showstopper.

Disney Analyst

It’s apparent in this video there seems to be a distinct difference in the design philosophy for how they treat Main Street in HEA vs. WJ; HEA uses Main Street to extend its placemaking but all attention is still on the castle, whereas WJ uses Main Street as an alternate view in case you can’t see what’s on the castle. The redundancy adds a lot more visual interest in WJ that’s missing in the more restrained street projections for HEA (but you could also argue it means Main Street isn’t competing for attention with the castle, so YMMV on what’s better).

In any case, I’m glad both domestic castle parks have incredible shows again. Got goosebumps seeing the laser effects in the finale, what a showstopper.

I noticed the same. But the projections look much better on Main Street for HEA then they did in DE.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Great to see quality back at the Magic Kingdom!! Makes me wish I was going for spring break in two weeks and not Memorial Day!!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
HEA uses Main Street to extend its placemaking but all attention is still on the castle, whereas WJ uses Main Street as an alternate view in case you can’t see what’s on the castle
Which is a bummer, because MK could use the crowds spread out more, and Disneyland has that wonderful alternative projection space they just made at IASW.

jrhwdw

Everything about that show is better than Enchantment.

And I liked Enchantment more than most of you here.

The message. The music. The projections.

And I’m not expert on pyro and lasers but it looked fantastic tonight. The Main Street projections just bump it forward even more.

Happily Ever After deserved a lengthy run and it’s back.
The best part of DE is theme song! Even if it's not the best intro for Tink......

However.........I never said DE blew HEA out of MK......and it was proven to me last night!!!!!

Absolutely Stunning HEA last night!!!!!!

Now the only questions are..........Is the Spotlight pattern at the start new and permanent?? Or temporary because of issues??

Also what physically stays on the Castle after April 2nd should be very interesting!!!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The finale alone mops the floor with DE.

I really like the new projections. As opposed from drawing attention away from the 20 foot castle in Disneyland, I gather these projections were meant to mirror the Castle for smaller guests who can’t see it. My kids will love that.
Lasers look better than before as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom