Happiest Disney Moment

Davis224

Original Poster
What is your happiest Disney moment that you wish you could share with someone else. . . maybe your kids (if you / or when you have them)

Mine would have to be my girlfriend seeing Tinkerbell fly from Cinderellas Castle. The look on her face made her seem like she was six, especially when she started to clap and stare with her mouth wide open !! :lol: :lol:

disneyfan123

i agree

Seeing Tink fly from the castle overhead signalling the start of the Fantasy In The Sky fireworks is truly magical. A true Disney moment.

*only 82 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

tinkrbel

it was the look on my younest granddaughters face a 1 year old when she hugged Mickey Mouse ... when I watch it on video it still makes me cry ..there was just so much in her expression that said she was totally happy, and still there is just this look on the faces of both the girls .. looks that say "everything is wonderful " and that they are happy

DisneyrazZ

My happiest Disney moment would have to be planning our most recent WDW trip for my boyfriend and I...it was going to be our first time ever going some place without parents...I made a Disney info. book so we would be organized, and the planning got better and better when I got my job at the Disney Store and realized how much money we were going to have when we went down there...March 30-April 6, 2002 was the best time of both of our lives!! especially because we were lucky enough to have an e-ride night scheduled during our stay!!! it also amazed our parents to see how responsible we are by doing everything and paying for everything ourselves. :D

~DisneyrazZ~

Davis224

Original Poster
Truly awesome moments

I have to agree, the first time I went down with just my girlfriend was a fantasmic time!

Figaro

Taking my son there for the first time when he was 1 yr old.

It took us many years to get to that point! For several trips before I finally got pregnant, I would get a little depressed walking down Main Street and watching all the little kids getting so excited over every little thing. So finally seeing my own child's expression there was the happiest moment for me.

He's 2 1/2 now and we're planning his 3rd trip. I made the mistake of telling him we are going in Sept 2002 to see Mickey again. Now he's driving me crazy b/c he want's to watch that free vacation video from Disney atleast 2 times a day. :)

I finally figured out why my own parents would wait until about a month before we left to tell us when we were going! My mother laughs her butt off every time she sees my son walking around the house with his Birnbaum book asking to watch the Disney World Movie. The I get the ole "what goes around, comes around" look! :rolleyes:

GGG1

I agree with the above posts. My family and I are going in Feb 2003 and it will be my 2 1/2 year old son's first visit. He already recognizes Mickey and Donald and I cannot wait to see his reaction up close and personal (Hopefully it will be a great one)!

The Mom

Premium Member
I wish there were a way my son could have had the same magical Disney moment as my daughter. We were able to be one of the first guests in WS, back in 1986 -89 or so, when all of Epcot opened at 9, and were able to have a private breakfast with Mickey at the AA restaurant. There weren't any other people around, so he spent about 15 mins with us! My son has seen photos of his big sister just sitting on a bench, etc. with characters, and can't understand why he can't do it, too. I'm happy that WDW has larger crowds, and thereby was able to survive financially, but a part of me still misses the quieter days.

adr315

About 6-7 years ago, when my whole family took my great grandfather to MK for his first time.....needless to say he loved it, and his 75+ year old face was priceless when he was on PoTC and HM........

Wahoo2424

One of my happiest, most memorable moments happened my junior year of high school (just a few years ago) when my high school band went to WDW for spring break. I had been many times with my family, so I was looking forward to sharing the magic with my high school friends. That week had to have been one of the best weeks ever in my life!

no2apprentice

Growing up and living in San Diego, I learned the Magic at Disneyland. Due to many things (like moving to where we are now), we were not able to take our kids to any Disney park until April 2000. We finally were able to go to WDW and introduce our kids to the Magic. We only did one park, MK of course! We were all exhausted at the end of the day and decided to leave the park during the fireworks. We took the ferry and as we crossed the lake, watching the fireworks, I looked at my oldest son (age 11 at the time), and there were tears on his face. I asked him if he was okay, and he said "Dad, I don't want to leave." I just put my arm around him and told him that we were all tired. But inside, I knew that he had discovered the same Magic that so many of us have found. There is not anything in this world that I would trade for that special moment on the ferry crossing the lake. :)

My happiest moment was at WDW in April 2000 when my entire family went. The best part of the day at MK, was me and my son (he was 5 at the time) lying in the grass, between the castle and Tomorrowland, watching tink fly down to strt the fireworks, and then while E1 was watching the show, we ran to Buzz!!!!

My next trip is sceduled for October with my gf who hasn't been since she was 6 (1973) so this will be like her first trip all over again, and I can't wait to see her face as we walk down MS the first time...

MinnieFan

My happiest Disney moment happend on our last trip when out of the blue my husband said lets join the Disney Vacation Club. :) Now I know I will have 40 years of happy Disney memories to come.

MKCustodial

Well, I guess watching Tink has to be up there. But I think I have to say my happiest moment was the first time I was part of the magic, as a CM, and was able to make a little magic happen to a kid. It was really cool, and every single time it happened, it seemed better than the last one. :animwink:

But hopefully, I'll bring a new one back from my next trip. It'll be my girlfriend's first time out of the country, and of all places! Also, I intend on proposing, so... :D

Erika

My husband lets me sit on his shoulders to watch the parades, LOL!! If THAT doesn't make you feel like a kid again, nothing will!

I should add, we are never in the front where we are blocking other people's views! that would be ruuuuuuuuuuuude

WDWsmith2001

mine

Mine would be just this year, the first time I've gone to WDW alone, I was apprehensive at first but, it was truely magical. I met some great CMs and just had the best time riding stuff till I was sore, and hitting every park in 3 days, I have so many stories from that trip, I can't wait to do it again.

grimgringhost

When I went for the first time, I was 7. I remember the moment like it was yesterday. I walked up to main street and saw Cinderella's Castle for the time and I took a deep breath and I thought, "I've arrived, I've finally arrived"

I went and May and was kind of reminiscing about the great time we had so I felt I needed to share a few of the magical moments that I will remember forever. The first was when we were at blizzard beach and I was swimming with my son in the wave pool. I heard a crowd counting down from 3 to 1. I looked over and saw Goofy jump into the wave pool.(Another post reminded me of these moments) We swam over to where he was and my son who is 3 thought it was the greatest thing in the world. The other moment was when we were waiting for the Illuminations show to start at Epcot. My 20 month old daughter was standing along the fence surrounding the lagoon looking out at the water. The breeze was blowing her her back and she looked so beautiful. It was just perfect Disney moment. I was so miserable when we came back because it was over but I will be looking forward to planning another trip soon. Thanks for reading.

walthimself05

I go to WDW every year and i remember one year when we were at FT. Wilderness (thats where we always stay) i was getting old enough to ride a two wheel bike. So when we found our site we discovered it had a little slope in the miidle of our site and our neighbors, and thats where i learned to ride a bike. and that was just that years magic, the other 14 years of magic are full of stories also

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom