Hannah, Will it hit?

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
yes your right. seems like its showing amny diff. patterns. I wish it would just happen now!
BUT what can we do!
you leave 2 days after me, so well just have to wait and see. WATCHing all the time and like you, its driving me crazy

kverdon

Well Hanna really does seem that she can't make up her mind on where she wants to go. We still have a week to see but the current track has it headed towards Florida again. The computer model at the Orlando Sentinel Site however shows it going either NE of Fla or SW, not of the models have it crossing Fla. :lookaroun. Wish I understood these storms better. Get those positive waves :wave: going again folks!!

GoofyDan

We're fasting, praying, dancing over goat entrails ... whatever it takes to get this storm to move off and away! We arrive on Thursday and we're at the World for 10 days. While it would be nice if the Hanna scared some folks off, I'd feel much better if she just fizzled out and did nothing.

Looks like tonight the National Hurricane Center is predicting that the storm will stay at tropical, not hurricane strength, so I'm taking that as a good sign! Plus, the only model so far showing Hannah hitting Florida has it coming in on the Gulf side. You can look at the different models here (http://tinyurl.com/5qd7on) and choose the Storm 08 link.

Rabflmom

so I'm taking that as a good sign! Plus, the only model so far showing Hannah hitting Florida has it coming in on the Gulf side>>>>>>>

????? All the models I have seen show it on the East side of Florida with it off shore at 2AM Thursday sort of off the coast of Brevatd County withthe cone over Central Florida. They predict it to stay out and head North in the Atlantic rather than doing the W movement. So it is still a threat until it does the N NE turn. The South turn is no longer on the charts so it isn't heading down to Cuba in this mornings tracking.

I fly out of Melbourne at 7AM Thursday so it has me worried that the squalls and wind will be here to impact the flight, but then again it might be far enough off shore to be OK.

BTW last night while Gustav was over Cuba we got some really heavy rain bands here in Brevard! That is one big storm with us getting the outer rainbands 450 miles away!

The Mom

Premium Member
We're fasting, praying, dancing over goat entrails ... whatever it takes to get this storm to move off and away! We arrive on Thursday and we're at the World for 10 days. While it would be nice if the Hanna scared some folks off, I'd feel much better if she just fizzled out and did nothing.

Looks like tonight the National Hurricane Center is predicting that the storm will stay at tropical, not hurricane strength, so I'm taking that as a good sign! Plus, the only model so far showing Hannah hitting Florida has it coming in on the Gulf side. You can look at the different models here (http://tinyurl.com/5qd7on) and choose the Storm 08 link.

I think that link may be showing Gustav. When the storms start forming, it's sometimes difficult to keep track of which is which.

We up here in NE FL (almost in GA) also got some rain bands (very small) from Gustav last night, with more coming through today. It is a huge (in size) storm! I hope it weakens before its next landfall.

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
This morning I was watching and they stil lsay its TS hanna. Going towards Fl. on Thursday. by time I leave on Sat. it might be right on Fl. just where is the big question? Main thing I think for all of us, is flight delays! Im praying too........and asking God for favor!
Anyone else with any news, I would greatly appreciate at the day and week moves on.

GoofyDan

????? All the models I have seen show it on the East side of Florida with it off shore...

I think that link may be showing Gustav...

The stuff I'm looking at are the theoretical model tracks (http://tinyurl.com/5qd7on, click Storm 08). Here's the latest one:
storm_08.gif

above

Hello everyone!

Me and my baby are going to be at Disney World between Sep. 4-12. It's not our anniversary like some of you (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! :sohappy:) but it's our holiday trip for the summer.

I am a bit worried about the hurricanes hitting and I appreaciate all the input. I really hope all goes well and everyone enjoys their trip.

Keep the updates coming. I will be checking the forcasts today and tomorrow.

Cheers!

The Mom

Premium Member
The latest track shows Hanna skirting the FL Eastern coast starting Thurs night for downstate, through Friday for the whole state. It will not be close enough to have any effect on WDW if it stays on its projected course. It will definitely cause heavy surf at the beaches, and may or may not bring rain/wind to the coastal areas.

It seems to be following a track similar to Floyd, where the JAX beaches were evacuated, only to have the storm stay off the coast and eventually come in in North Carolina. Right now (6am Tues) landfall is predicted for somewhere around Savannah or Charleston, according to the map. Yesterday, it looked like the FL/GA border, so it has been shifting northward.

MattyFresh

Florida is going to miss this one, but SC and NC are going to have to keep an eye on it. I feel bad, my cousin is suppose to be getting married this Saturday. Which is now when they are predicting it to make land fall, it looks like around the NC/SC border. Her wedding is suppose to be outside, in a coastal town of NC.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Florida is going to miss this one, but SC and NC are going to have to keep an eye on it. I feel bad, my cousin is suppose to be getting married this Saturday. Which is now when they are predicting it to make land fall, it looks like around the NC/SC border. Her wedding is suppose to be outside, in a coastal town of NC.
They could still have the wedding there if Hanna hits.

wedding-final.jpg

Turcicus

The latest NHC model has it over Virginia Saturday morning, so your cousin may be OK. My flight to Orlando that day, however... :mad:

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
HOPE the wedding is ok!
I have been watching too and it seems it will skirt the tip of Fl. and then move into the carolinas and upward.
it reduced down to TS again? Maybe it will just fizzle out!

I.fikus

No updates for you, but I wish Hanna would just get on with it already. She has been meandering around the the same area for days now. To help ease your mind a bit rain has never ruined a vacation for me at Disney and I stay in the campgrounds in a tent. Hope for the best and be prepared and it will all work out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom