Hannah, Will it hit?

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
Hi. Im new here by the way..HI EVERYONE:)
I am so worried about Hannah! We leave Sept. 6th-13th. Any one have news, or great sites with good detailed info on where its going?
We cant cancel, its our Anniversary:(!!!
Anyone can help, Id appreciate it. AS OF NOW, its looks like its headed towards Orlando?

Rabflmom

Hi. Im new here by the way..HI EVERYONE:)
I am so worried about Hannah! We leave Sept. 6th-13th. Any one have news, or great sites with good detailed info on where its going?
We cant cancel, its our Anniversary:(!!!
Anyone can help, Id appreciate it. AS OF NOW, its looks like its headed towards Orlando?

Hopefully it will not come into the East coast of Florida next week. I fly out of Melbourne on the 4th and return on the 10th, but my kids and husband aren't coming with me. They will be right here within 6 miles of the ocean. Right now it is looking like it is supposed to head toward the warm waters of the Bahamas where it will be able to strengthen. Hopefully it will stay out in the ocean; but past history says it has a real good chance of a Florida strike. Orlando is where people here on the coast go if one comes this way that scares us, so it is a little safer than on the coast depending on the strength of the hurricane. Cat 1 would be downgraded to a tropical storm hopefully by the time it gets to Disney. Etc.
I figure both of the storms could impact my trip either getting out of Florida or coming back in. grrrrrrr But I am not changing my plans.

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
Thanks

WHen do you think it will hit Orlando/ or Fl. period if it does? What day? Just concerned like you about air travel and cancelations.

kverdon

Its really hard to say right now. You can follow the projected track on the National Hurricane Center web page right now at www.nhc.noaa.gov. There are alot of "IF's" right now. IF the storm stays on its current projected track it would probably arrive in Florida somewhere between Thurs - Sat I would think.

We are scheduled in Monday so are getting a bit nervous.

Kevina and Mona

kverdon

If you follow the storm track, Hanna is plotted to stay out in the Atlantic on a NW heading until Tues the 2nd where it turns directly west and heads towards Florida. Extrapolationg the movement for me says that it would hit Florida between the 4th and 7th but I'm not an expert. Of course we fly back home on the 7th :-(

Kevin and Mona

Cheshire413

We're heading down Sept 6th-13th as well. These storms are tricky though and can change course at any time. I wouldn't worry too much. The worst that could happen is your flight could get re-routed for a day or you're there when it hits and you're stuck in the hotel. The WDW people will take really good care of you in the latter case. But what I'm hoping will happen is like what happened on our honeymoon: The big tropical storm was going to hit the day we were to fly in but hit it a day or two early and then everyone canceled so the parks were really empty during our trip. :p Though, ultimately, it would be nice if it just dissipated out in the ocean and never touches land.

Just watch the news every day and stay informed and prepare to make decisions if you need to. I don't know about you guys but no tropical storm or hurricane is going to keep me away from WDW. :p

DisneyGigi

We're heading down Sept 6th-13th as well. These storms are tricky though and can change course at any time. I wouldn't worry too much. The worst that could happen is your flight could get re-routed for a day or you're there when it hits and you're stuck in the hotel. The WDW people will take really good care of you in the latter case. But what I'm hoping will happen is like what happened on our honeymoon: The big tropical storm was going to hit the day we were to fly in but hit it a day or two early and then everyone canceled so the parks were really empty during our trip. :p Though, ultimately, it would be nice if it just dissipated out in the ocean and never touches land.

Just watch the news every day and stay informed and prepare to make decisions if you need to. I don't know about you guys but no tropical storm or hurricane is going to keep me away from WDW. :p

Me either! We will be there tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that it goes away.

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
THANKS EVERYONE! I pray it doesnt touch US. Its our anniv. and we wanted all to go smooth! We all need to keep close watch and if anyone has updates or news, please message back. Ill keep checking this till we leave. EXPECTING THE BEST:lookaroun

If you check the Orlando Sentinel website it shows 6 possible paths for the storm and ALL 6 have Hanna darting away from Florida either North, South, or East due to what's called a mid-latitude trough. Although the path looks scary... it likely will not go anywhere near Florida. I'm headed out on the 8th... so here's me keeping my fingers crossed. :animwink:

kverdon

Well...... the good thoughts, prayers, Disney Magic or whatnot, the current track has Hanna making a u turn and heading for Cuba. I rather it headed out to sea or broke up, but I'm happy its not now headed towards where we are going to be.

Kevin

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
AWESOME, youll be there when we are there:) HAVE Fun by the way.
WELL lets pray and cross our fingers that it doesnt hit.
By chance do you have a l ink to that so i can see. latest I seen today, tonight rather, is that its still headed where no one knows?

Rabflmom

If you check the Orlando Sentinel website it shows 6 possible paths for the storm and ALL 6 have Hanna darting away from Florida either North, South, or East due to what's called a mid-latitude trough. Although the path looks scary... it likely will not go anywhere near Florida. I'm headed out on the 8th... so here's me keeping my fingers crossed. :animwink:

When I saw your post I went searching and never did find it heading anywhere but making a left on about Tuesday. Now that left turn has it heading a little farther South into the Bahamas and storms that do that usually return to heading West which still makes it a threat unless the high comes into play and it follows it up and out which seems real iffy. Almost looks like if the high does make it down it will just keep Hanna South with no where to go but toward Florida or into the Florida strait and back into the Gulf. Still to early to plan.......but the present track looks mighty close to my Thursday flight out of here.

Menpell

We arrive Sept 6th as well. I have been so anxious about this Hanna storm too. For the past 11 vacations to Disney, we have always gone during Hurricane season. We always go Sept/Oct. But we have never had any problems. In the 11 trips, we had one day of whole rain. Just one day! So I am trying to be positive and I keep watching the projected track. It looks like its turning away from Florida, but we have a whole week ahead of us.
Happy Anniversary Cinderellylove. It's our Anniversary on the 5th! We spent last year's anniversary in Disney too! I'll keep praying for good weather!

Cnrtygirl

We arrive Sept 6th as well. I have been so anxious about this Hanna storm too. For the past 11 vacations to Disney, we have always gone during Hurricane season. We always go Sept/Oct. But we have never had any problems. In the 11 trips, we had one day of whole rain. Just one day! So I am trying to be positive and I keep watching the projected track. It looks like its turning away from Florida, but we have a whole week ahead of us.
Happy Anniversary Cinderellylove. It's our Anniversary on the 5th! We spent last year's anniversary in Disney too! I'll keep praying for good weather!

Our anniversary is also the 5th :wave:and we will be at WDW 11-18 my birthday is also included the 13th. I am hoping that Hannaha stays away too

Great post with some great advice! You can watch the Weather Channel and be prepared for rain. you never know which way these storms are going to go. Originally, we thought Fay was going to barrel over us, and it zigzaged over the state. :shrug: Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Menpell

Our anniversary is also the 5th :wave:and we will be at WDW 11-18 my birthday is also included the 13th. I am hoping that Hannaha stays away too

Happy Anniversary too! We're at WDW 6-14. My husband's sister and her family are coming with us this year. They haven't been to Disney for 10 years. I hope we all have great weather for our trips. I am glued to the TV and computer watching Hanna....:lookaroun

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ALL:)
Seems like alot of us are celebrating. ALL we can do is pray it doesnt impact our lovely trips we have all worked hard to pay for, and planned WAY in advance for :)

Any one with updates today?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom