HaloweenTime 2017 - Cars Land/BVS Get New Decor & Ride Overlays

TP2000

Original Poster
Halloween Time debuted today, and the AP's are back!

This evening around 8pm I looked at the Disneyland App, and every major Halloween ride was 120 minutes or more;
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark

The two new Cars Land Halloween rides also had waits of 40 minutes;
Mater's Junkyard JamBOOree
Luigi's Honkin' Halloween

The rest of the park looked very busy, with waits of 60 to 90 minutes standard for most rides. But the Halloween ride were the busiest by far. It will be like this every Friday night through October 31st. Sundays will be a complete zoo too, when the AP's are unblocked. But Saturdays and weekdays before 4pm will be mellow.

Travel Junkie

I did go first thing yesterday, because no one goes on the first day right? haha

The place was packed from the opening. Pirates was using an overflow queue an hour after opening, so it wasn't just the holiday overlays that were packed. By 11:00AM you were having trouble moving around. A few observations.

- the blogger community was out in full force. Lot's of camera and video equipment documenting everything from food to merchandise to decorations. It's always funny watching people take pictures of food.
- The lines for popcorn buckets were insane and I heard DCA sold out within a couple of hours. I saw several people buying 4 at a time with no popcorn. Ebay anyone? They really should limit sales. The Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket looks awesome.
- I didn't even want to try with Monster's After Dark. It was a mess. FP distribution begins at 3 and people milling around well before that. I'll see it on a another day.
- HMH only had 2 FP machines working when I grabbed mine. This led to a huge line backing up into NO Square.
- Carsland looks terrific. The puns get a little old, but overall it is a big hit. Lot's of photo ops with dressed up cars. One that many didn't notice was the baby tractor next to Mater's that is dressed as the mummy.
- Other than decorations and new music, the rides for Mater and Luigi's didn't look any different. I was told Luigi's is a different "dance" but if it is different, not by much.
- BVS, Carthay Circle, Guardian's Tower, and Carsland look terrific at night. This is a must see at night. It sets a perfect mood.

TP2000

Original Poster
In the Spirit thread, he mentioned that TDA has flown out a bunch of "lifestyle bloggers" from Orlando who usually only focus on WDW. They got the full Halloween Time treatement Disneyland-style, and so their blog channels are now filling up with rave reviews and videos of Disneyland Resort's Halloween Time offerings. Compared to the stuff they do at WDW, Disneyland seems to have blown them out of the water.

Here's a fun new effect on the Courthouse at the end of Route 66 in Cars Land. It's done up like giant jack o' lanterns with cones and jumper cables, and then the windows come to life as the eyes on the jack 'o lanterns. Neat!

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's the new Halloween "Lighting Moment" in Cars Land, that replaces the iconic Sh-Boom moment every evening at dusk.

Stevek

In the Spirit thread, he mentioned that TDA has flown out a bunch of "lifestyle bloggers" from Orlando who usually only focus on WDW. They got the full Halloween Time treatement Disneyland-style, and so their blog channels are now filling up with rave reviews and videos of Disneyland Resort's Halloween Time offerings. Compared to the stuff they do at WDW, Disneyland seems to have blown them out of the water.

Here's a fun new effect on the Courthouse at the end of Route 66 in Cars Land. It's done up like giant jack o' lanterns with cones and jumper cables, and then the windows come to life as the eyes on the jack 'o lanterns. Neat!

Yeah, my daughter begged me to take her last night. I saw my buddy Tom Corless there...my daughter told me I had to be nice and not say anything to him...but I did at least acknowledge him:
https://twitter.com/DarthDopey/status/908905597608669184

As for the decorations across the park, loved them. The purple lighting in the trees along BV street, the special lighting on Racers, Cars Land in general, Oogie Boogie's voice randomly playing through the parks speakers...really did a nice job. Pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

That statue on Buena Vista Street looks awesome. They really did a good job of decorating the area. Love how the pumpkin head and horse eyes light up and then the fire and smoke thru the nose. Would be cool if they had found a way of adding projection mapping to make it look like it moved.

now all we need is for them to clone the now defunct Alien Encounter. Why not add it to Hollywood land with a Marvel theme somewhere near Tower so it fits the future Marvel land and then change it to more monsters or aliens for Halloween. They got plenty of room right where Heimlichs is LOL

George Lucas on a Bench

DJ5FruSVYAI5pta.jpg large.jpg

This is wrong in so many ways. I mean, the Mansion looks completely inaccurate. Since when is there a fountain on the grass? Idiots.

Practical Pig

Buena Vista street looks really good. I like that a lot. Everything else I can take or leave. Nothing else seems very Halloweeny to me.

It's certainly not draped with traditional Halloween imagery, but I'm diggin' it. I like that it has a different feel from that park across the way. It feels to me, from the video experience at least, that it's sort of getting inside a spirit of Halloween instead of hanging the trappings of Halloween around the place. And those Carsland cars dressed up in Halloween costumes are kind of brilliant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom