HalloWishes to be shown every night for the rest of October

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/wishes.htm

The Magic Kingdom will be running the special Halloween edition of Wishes, called HalloWishes every night for the rest of October from the 15th onwards. Previously, the show has only been performed on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights.

what are the perimeter fireworks?

Perimeter fireworks are the fireworks that are shot off all around magic kingdom. Ther are shot off the "perimeter" of the park.

Doesnt suprise me that they arent doing perimeters during the regular days. They have to shut down bus transportation from the utilidors to the cast parking lot.

Epcot82Guy

That's a nice touch. Since this tends to be a time where more locals and "returners" attend, this is a DL-eque nod. There is also the possibility that it is simply cheaper to keep one show on, but I'll take the more positive, "this is for the guests" approach this time. :p Thanks for the info, Steve!:wave:

Chape19714

That's a nice touch. Since this tends to be a time where more locals and "returners" attend, this is a DL-eque nod. There is also the possibility that it is simply cheaper to keep one show on, but I'll take the more positive, "this is for the guests" approach this time. :p Thanks for the info, Steve!:wave:
There's no way it's cheeper. Hallowishes uses much more pryo than the Regular version. I was completely blown away by the size of the show compared to Wishes.

Epcot82Guy

There's no way it's cheeper. Hallowishes uses much more pryo than the Regular version. I was completely blown away by the size of the show compared to Wishes.

I stand corrected. I haven't seen HalloWishes, so I wasn't aware of the difference. Maybe this is really for the guests! ha ha

littlered

thanks!
I am excited I watched the fireworks online last night that someone recorded and they looked awesome. It will be great to see them since we aren't going to MNSSHP.

polynesiangirl

Oh, nice! We're going to see them on a party night (from the Cali Grill) anyways, but since we're not going to the party, we weren't going to be able to see them from the ground. I'm almost positive we'll be in the MK at night during our stay so hopefully we'll get to see it then too! :sohappy:

metscool

I knew that I should have stayed there last night and then going to PI. I wanted to watch it because that is the only fireworks show that I have not watched since I moved down here.

RustyBridges

I am actually a little disappointed by this development. We are going to WDW for MNSSHP this Friday. We will be in MK again Saturday night. My kids love Wishes and it would have been nice to see both. Somehow I feel that a bit of the specialness of the Halloween party is being taken away by showing these fireworks every night.

On the other hand I am happy for the people who get to see the fireworks because they are really good. So, I am disappointed for my own selfish reasons but happy for other park go'ers for the opportunity to see something they may not have had the chance to see without admission to the party.

Doulbe-edged sword syndrome.

RickEff

I am actually a little disappointed by this development. We are going to WDW for MNSSHP this Friday. We will be in MK again Saturday night. My kids love Wishes and it would have been nice to see both. Somehow I feel that a bit of the specialness of the Halloween party is being taken away by showing these fireworks every night.

On the other hand I am happy for the people who get to see the fireworks because they are really good. So, I am disappointed for my own selfish reasons but happy for other park go'ers for the opportunity to see something they may not have had the chance to see without admission to the party.

Doulbe-edged sword syndrome.

I can echo that. The primary reason I always go to MNSSHP is the fireworks! I'm a firework nut. I love the rest of the night to be sure, but it's why I go. So - next year if they do this again, I may just go on a regular night.

bayoutinkbelle

While I'm thrilled to see Hallowishes, I'm going to miss seeing Wishes on my trip next week. Definitely a double-edge sword.

But since I'm deliriously happy just to be going to WDW, it's all good! :lol:

goofyfan13

I like it, but at the same time don't. I like it because it means that I can see it more than once now. However, at the same time, that is a major part of MNSSHP, so it is kinda unfair to the guests who paid over 40 bucks to go to the party. Now, I don't object to it, but I actually prefered how they did it for MVMCP, where they only showed it daily when the party was over. I understand they can't do it in this case cause the party goes up until Halloween, but it kinda feels like it takes away from the uniqueness of the party a little bit.

DisneylandGuy

16 October 2006: HalloWishes to be shown every night for the rest of October

The Magic Kingdom will be running the special Halloween edition of Wishes, called HalloWishes every night for the rest of October from the 15th onwards. Note, that the additional perimeter fireworks will only be shown on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights. Previously, the show has only been performed on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights.

I was concerned because we're attending Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party the night before we've booked a Wishes Pontoon Boat cruise. I checked the Walt Disney World calendar and it still lists "Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular" on October 25th.

Just to be sure, I called (407)WDW-TOUR and they verified that Wishes would be playing on the 25th and that Hallowishes will only be shown on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights.

Chape19714

Boo (a pryotechnican with the Wishes series of Shows) has stated that the change will not be reflected on Disney's calendar, so on the 25th, you will be seeing Hallowishes, not Wishes. The phone line looks at the same scedule you do when you go to disneyworld.com.

Horizons1

Hmm, interesting that they would do this but also great at the same time. Looks like Ill be heading to the MK saturday night as I have never seen Hallowishes in person. Awsome...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom