HalloweenTime-ish

bigcatholicj

Original Poster
Maybe i missed something in the past, but today at Magic Kingdom things started looking strangely like HalloweenTime at Disneyland. There was autumn colored bunting all over the train station and the lamp posts in town square had the HalloweenTime Mickey pumpkin and autumn colored fabric and leaves hanging from them....these have to be a new idea, cause many of them had fallen by the middle of the day. I have pics....trying to figure out how to load them.....any help would be appreciated!

TinkerBell9988

I was at the MK today, but didn't remember to take pics for you WDWMagic-ers... sorry! :eek:

But the decorations looked lovely! I believe they still have a bit more to go until the park is completely decorated, especially Main Street USA.

yensidtlaw1969

I have pics....trying to figure out how to load them.....any help would be appreciated!

What you have to do is upload them to some sort of website that can host your photos. Photobucket and Flickr are popular . . . I think even your WDWMagic Photo album would work. Then once they're loaded in an album you can either link to the album, or if you want to be fancy you can right-click each individual photo, choose "Copy Image Location" and then click the little yellow Landscape icon in the "Message" box when you go to post. Paste the Image location in the window that pops up and click OK. Lather, rinse, and repeat :D .

I hope that made sense. Feel free to ask questions, lol. I can't wait to see the pictures either. Disneyland does such a great job decorating for the Holidays, I'd love to hear that WDW is taking a page from their book in that respect.

Yensid "I . . . THINK that whole explanation made sense . . ." tlaw1969

CTXRover

I haven't uploaded a lot of photos online, but I've used Epson galleries before http://photo.epson.com/visitalbums/ and I found it easy enough to use. You can sign up for free and upload them from your computer online.

Of course, WDWmagic has their own albums for members as well. Click on photo album link at the top and you will find another link that walks you through how to upload your photos.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the MK does this year for Halloween decorations. Good luck with uploading the pics and I look forward to seeing them if you get the chance.

Animaniac93-98

This is good, the Magic Kingdom was lacking in halloween decorations in compasrison to the other parks (especially Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland). These are exact copies of the Disneyland ones (minus the HalloweenTime logo) so mabey will see the giant character pumpkins.

TP2000

These are exact duplicates of what Disneyland does for Halloween. Except it's lacking the "HalloweenTime" logo that Disneyland uses for both Disneyland and DCA.

But bravo to WDW for joining the 21st century and updating their Halloween decorations!

That Junior High Cafeteria in Kissimmee will be happy to get their old Halloween decorations back now that Magic Kingdom has new ones. :cool:

Now, the WDW Parks need to start work on their sad K-Mart Christmas decorations. Hopefully this is a sign that WDW is using the Disneyland designers to create stuff for them, and they are just shipping it out from California.

LongtimeReader

Just a thought but regardless of quality, I believe DL was actually on the slow boat just having started doing ANYTHING for Halloween just 2 or so years ago? That said, thank goodness they did because they paved the way for those lovely decorations that are just the right balance. Tokyo's and Paris' are definitely more uber-involved but my two cents is that Tokyo's seem a bit too cutesy (though that is to be expected there) and Paris' are just plain bizarre.

Chape19714

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that Disney doesn't sell more Halloween themed merchandise? Even more Haunted Mansion merchandise would be nice.
Well much of the HM merch. was pulled off shelves when the ride closed, and you should see much more shortly after re-opening. Maybe even some new stuff. :lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Just a thought but regardless of quality, I believe DL was actually on the slow boat just having started doing ANYTHING for Halloween just 2 or so years ago? That said, thank goodness they did because they paved the way for those lovely decorations that are just the right balance. Tokyo's and Paris' are definitely more uber-involved but my two cents is that Tokyo's seem a bit too cutesy (though that is to be expected there) and Paris' are just plain bizarre.
and both of those sort of mirror the cultures surrounding those parks--I'm not meaning any offense at all, I have just heard that the Japanese are very much into the characters and appreciate such "cutesy" theming while the French...well...ever been to France? The avant-garde would certainly be more welcomed there than in the USA, for sure. Their castle is a bit out there, I think--gorgeous, but nothing like any of Disney's other castles, and it works for them. I agree that their Halloween decorations are a little out there, as well, but I find them to be very cool, all the same. Doesn't mean I want to see a grim reaper pulling the Mark Train or the Liberty Belle, but it's cool nonetheless.

LongtimeReader

^^ DEFINITELY into the cute thing in Tokyo, hence why I said it was to be expected. And having lived in France for quite some time, It's for sure the opposite there. So yes, you have hit the nail on the head... I prefer a balance between the two. Though that grim reaper pulling the Mark Twain was pretty freakin' cool.

EpcotServo

I don't know...what I'm seeing in those photos don't look nearly as good as Disneyland's. (Which I can't wait to see in person by the way.) But they are just starting, so I'll have to see if they add more before Mickey's Pay-to-party-not-so-scary-very-merry-pirate-and-princess-hallowen-christmas-party.

dannb1001

I hope they use Disneylands big pumpkin mickey :)

Now are these staying up for the party nights as well? Or will the decorations be changed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom