Halloween version of Mickey's PhilharMagic

plaz10

Original Poster
Attraction Idea!

What if there were a Halloween version of Mickey's PhilharMagic - picture it like Disneyland does with Haunted Mansion & Nightmare before Christmas.

From middle of Sept - beginning of Nov...Mickey's PhilharMagic could be transformed into Villain's PhilharMagic (I'm sure Disney could come up with a more creative name)

Starting with the queue - you have all the posters torn and new villain ones posted over top of them (with the exception of Hades sings Torch Songs of course!)

Then a villain comes over the loudspeaker instead of Minnie to explain 3D glasses and such.

The show - start like normal only Donald travels through the worlds of Villains instead of Classic Disney scenes. Perhaps you have Maleficent "enchante" (if thats a word) the hat so that it takes Donald to Villain scenes.

Then Donald travels through Classic Disney villain songs

Be Prepared: Scar
Poor Unfortunate Souls: Ursula
The Mob Song: Gaston
Prince Ali Reprise: Jafar
Friends on the Other Side: Dr. Facilier
Mother Knows Best: Mother Gothel
Oogie Boogies Song: Oogie Boogie
Grim Grinning Ghosts: Ghosts of Haunted Mansion

Any Villain song would do - these are just a few of my favorites.

And at the end...Mickey comes to save the day and rescues Donald and they all live happily ever after!

I think this would be an easier transformation than that of a ride. But I don't really know what goes into changing the animation, 4D effects, etc...
It doesn't have to be scary either - no Scar swiping at the screen ala Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Just a little something that could add some spice to the Halloween season!

plaz10

Original Poster
Aw thanks. I'm glad someone else thinks so!! I think that time specific attractions could draw more crowds to Disney. People like going and seeing something unique that you can only see certain times of the year.

Thrill

I like it.

Holiday overlays are nice to see, it's just that the downtime that usually comes with them is a killer. But for a 3D show, where the downtime can probably be changing a video in third shift (unless they want to decorate the queue, which might take a couple days), it's an easy switch, but helps keep the show fresh.

skellington22

WOW AWESOME IDEA maybe they can spray a different scent through the air freshener dispensers.. like autumn scented or pumpkin scented when jack skellington comes out ?

plaz10

Original Poster
I think seasonal overlay is something that attractions at WDW really don't have...while DLR has it's a small world AND haunted mansion overlays (if not more..but those are the only 2 I'm sure of)

I agree with an above poster that it would be a cheap change and a fresh face on a great attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom