Halloween 2008, Anything New?

etwtec

Original Poster
I was curious if anything new is planned for Halloween this year at WDW or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? I have heard a couple rumors but not sure how true they are, one was about a change with the Boo To You Parade.

Main Street USA

I wish I had info for you, but I'm in your boat. I'm headed down in October and would be curious about any changes, as well. Although, I gotta say, I went to MNSSHP last year, and the Boo-to-You Parade was just about perfect, especially the music. Changing that might be a mistake.

plutoismyhero

i completely agree that parade is amazing i usually dont like parades but that parade to me is just amazing. in regards to the party itself i do think they should add alot more villans.......

SANDKRUSER

We've been many times (5 or 6) But, they changed the music in the parade a couple of years ago and we don't care for it much now. It was so much better before. Each float had it's own music instead of the same music over and over. My family was really disappointed when they changed it. We didn't go last year (mostly because of the parade) and probably won't go this year. Although the fireworks (Hallowishes) are wonderful and the Headless Horseman is great, but I miss the original parade ... :cry:

Main Street USA

We've been many times (5 or 6) But, they changed the music in the parade a couple of years ago and we don't care for it much now. It was so much better before. Each float had it's own music instead of the same music over and over. My family was really disappointed when they changed it. We didn't go last year (mostly because of the parade) and probably won't go this year. Although the fireworks (Hallowishes) are wonderful and the Headless Horseman is great, but I miss the original parade ... :cry:
That's interesting, because I've heard both versions, and I think the new stuff is far superior. To each his own, I guess! :)

...and yeah, as for dressing up goes, I'm 30, and was in full costume last year. TONS of adults are dressed up, and there are plenty that aren't, as well. Basically, whatever you decide to do, you won't feel out of place.

Me, last year, playing around in the Pirates Queue:

disney_halloween_2007_058.jpg

Thessair

I was a big fan of the pre-2005 parade music too and I was initially annoyed when the new stuff hit. But it has since grown on me and I think it makes for a more cohesive identity for the parade than the individual float themes. Did I love the old stuff? Yup, but I love the new stuff, too. HalloWishes is phenomenal, as always, and the Villains stage show is definitely worth a look. The event is spectacular all around and if you haven't been you will have a blast. :D

WildLodgeFan

MNSSHP Newbie!

This will be our first trip during that time and getting to go to that event, so I have been scouring everywhere for every bit of information. I am just as curious if there will be anythign new to this year's event.

Since we are going at the end of September, we are thinking of wearing Halloween T-shirts vs. full costumes for the event, but haven't made a full decision yet.

Are there any specialty treats available for the event? Something tasty that you wouldn't normally find at the park? Our local theme park does Halloween weekends and offers some fun foods like kettle korn, etc. that they don't offer year round.

What kind of merchandise do they have out for the occasion? I have heard about pins and something about pumpkin ears, and obviously t-shirts. Anything else?

Can you tell we are getting excited?!? :sohappy:

Since we are talking about Halloween before summer is even here. :ROFLOL:

Thessair

The bakery usually has Halloween cookies and bundt cakes for sale. But other than that I can't think of too many seasonal treats. Well, except for all the trick or treat candy available.

As far as merchandise goes, it's usually pins, a party specific t-shirt, and a picture frame, as I recall. Last year they had a lot more Halloween merchandise than usual. There were, of course, the Pumpkin ear hats, but there were also Bat-shaped hats, Witch hats with Minnie ears, and a number of Halloween t-shirts for the ladies. There were a few plushes and they've had a set of votive candle holders for the last couple of years. Also, they had actual Halloween ornaments available like the usual glass Christmas balls. Mickey Ear candy buckets are usually available and they had two of the three Hitchhiking Ghost tombstones that looked like the ones from Disney Shopping at a number of stores. They also released an Event party CD last year that P&P music and MNSSHP music, but that seems to be a year round fixture as far as sales go.

Hopefully they'll keep new merch flowing for Halloween. I miss the light-up medallions they had at the parties in years gone by and hopefully they'll make a return appearance someday.

wdwfan4eva

I love MNSSHP and have gone 4 times, hopefully #5 will be this year.

I haven't necessarily "dressed up". I did one time, as Wendy from Peter Pan but I was with other people that dressed up as Tinkerbell, Michael and John. The other times I just wore halloween print pants and a matching shirt. It's amazing seeing how others dress up. But I found that it can be a pain, being dressed up and all, trying to run to each candy spot and trying to ride some of the rides. You can get hot and tired very easily.

Does anybody know when they are posting how much the tickets are and when the discount days are for DVC members?? Tickets go on sale Thursday, and it's only less than 3 days away, but will we find out anything before then??

WhatJaneSays

...and yeah, as for dressing up goes, I'm 30, and was in full costume last year. TONS of adults are dressed up, and there are plenty that aren't, as well. Basically, whatever you decide to do, you won't feel out of place.

Me, last year, playing around in the Pirates Queue:

What night did you go? Or did you happen to get hugged by a lady pirate all in red? I'm just asking because I think I huged 3 or 4 Jacks last year.

I can't wait for MNSSHP to roll around again; I just hope I can get more of the adults to dress up with the family this year ...

drp4video

My daughter is in college and won't get her syllabus for her fall classes until the end of August. We have never been and want to go. I know she doesn't have classes on friday, but I want her to skip either thursday or monday (horrible mother, I shouldn't encourage her), as we have to fly down and I want more time than two days. (she is a senior, lol).

My questions is, if I wait until the last week of August to get tickets, will there still be some available? Depending on her schedule, we can go anytime in September or October, as long as she can miss a thursday or monday with no tests or papers due.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last year was our first time(s) at MNSSHP. Well worth it. DisneySam - all ages dress up. We saw the most perfect `adult` Jack Sparrow.

Boo to You has isolated loops for each parade section, if not most of the floats, with the main underliner throughout the route. If you like the original music catch Villains Mix`n`Mingle at the castle forecourt stage ;)

HalloWishes is plussed each year and I dare say this years version will be just as amazing as last years.

drp4video; providing you don`t aim for Halloween you should be okay; tickets were available last year for the first 2 weeks of October on the day.

Main Street USA

What night did you go? Or did you happen to get hugged by a lady pirate all in red? I'm just asking because I think I huged 3 or 4 Jacks last year.

I can't wait for MNSSHP to roll around again; I just hope I can get more of the adults to dress up with the family this year ...
Ha, well, I got hugged by a lot of female pirates, and took a lot of pictures, too. I went on the night of Friday, October 26th. :)

drp4video

Thanks Marni1971. We won't be going near Halloween as my 20 year old (who will be 21 then) has to be home for Halloween as this is her favorite holiday. IT is just her and I so we only have to worry about out schedules. Her 21's birthday is September 30, so I am thinking if we can, it will be the weekend before or the weekend after her birthday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom