Halloween 2008, Anything New?

Shadowdawn

Since we are going at the end of September, we are thinking of wearing Halloween T-shirts vs. full costumes for the event, but haven't made a full decision yet.

Can I ask when you are going? We'll be there from the 26th (Sept.) to the 3rd (Oct)? We're thinking of dressing up too.

diddy_mouse

My husband and I will be there on the 7th (day before our anniversary). I want to dress up but the challenge is thinking of something that would be easy to pack. We didn't dress up when we went during our honeymoon but still had a blast!

Can't wait til this year!

SANDKRUSER

WildLodgeFan;Since we are going at the end of September, we are thinking of wearing Halloween T-shirts vs. full costumes for the event, but haven't made a full decision yet.

There's shirt website that we got Halloween T-shirts for - you can customize by picking the graphic and the type of shirt and color. I picked a black one with a scoop neck and halloween kittens on. It turned out really cute. My husband and son picked "The Boos Brothers" and wore black hats and sunglasses. We didn't want to go the full dress up thing but wanted to celebrate too so we did the t-shirts.

Here's the website: www.choiceshirts.com
They have a special section for holidays.

WildLodgeFan

WildLodgeFan;Since we are going at the end of September, we are thinking of wearing Halloween T-shirts vs. full costumes for the event, but haven't made a full decision yet.

There's shirt website that we got Halloween T-shirts for - you can customize by picking the graphic and the type of shirt and color. I picked a black one with a scoop neck and halloween kittens on. It turned out really cute. My husband and son picked "The Boos Brothers" and wore black hats and sunglasses. We didn't want to go the full dress up thing but wanted to celebrate too so we did the t-shirts.

Here's the website: www.choiceshirts.com
They have a special section for holidays.

Thanks for the tip! We each have at least one Halloween tee - we are HUGE halloween fans and usually do lots of fall/halloween activities in our area that we wear them too. My husband has a great one I got from target that says "It's Dad from the Basement." It's too funny! I have one that is black with a skull that says Drop Dead. But some new ones would be cool. Another place for at least fun holidy tee-shirts for women is Fashion Bug for anybody else that is looking.

Can't Wait!

We went last September and almost didn't because our travel advisor told us it was "mostly for kids". Well, I'm so glad we didn't listen and went because even though it was pouring rain on and off- the whole night was a real highlight. The lighting, parade, fireworks, costumes, and candy are just so much fun. I'm getting our tickets for this year's MNSSHP as soon as they go on sale!

culturenthrills

We went last September and almost didn't because our travel advisor told us it was "mostly for kids". Well, I'm so glad we didn't listen and went because even though it was pouring rain on and off- the whole night was a real highlight. The lighting, parade, fireworks, costumes, and candy are just so much fun. I'm getting our tickets for this year's MNSSHP as soon as they go on sale!

The Halloween party seems to usually have the most adults without children. Alot of cast members go. One year we saw a group of 20 dressed and stayed in character as a Brazilian tour group. It was hilarious. I love the Halloween party and we will be going again this year.

I'm having trouble deciding what to dress up as! This is strange considering I "dress up" for a living and am an entertainer by trade. It's almost as if part of the magic for me was seeing so many other people dressed up. Can't wait!

We're going to be there for the party on 9-23. Got the tickets Yesterday and am quite excited, as this will be our first MNSSHP. We were at DL for Halloween in '05 and were sent back the hotel along with many other adult guests who were dressed up. No adult costumes at DL on Halloween???? Oh well, we still had a great trip. As for costumes for this trip, hopefully we'll come up with something (I'm really wanting a kilt, and it's just convincing my fiance that the $400 is worth it :-D

WDWJenn

Believe it or not...

Bish, I'm doing everything I can to keep your kilt in the budget, :D one way or the other.

Anyone think it's tacky to wear my wedding dress as a costume for MNSSHP while on my honeymoon? I mean seriously.... when will I ever get the chance to wear it again?

Anyone think it's tacky to wear my wedding dress as a costume for MNSSHP while on my honeymoon? I mean seriously.... when will I ever get the chance to wear it again?

I definitely think you should wear your wedding dress but modify it to be like the dead bride's look in the Haunted Mansion!

danv3

Went last year on Halloween and thought more people were dressed up than not that night (no surprise). This year we're going in early September (first or second night) so we probably won't dress up.

Disney MDACK

I might go this year but the price is now over $50 for admission to this party. Granted it is well done and a lot of fun but this seems like a real expensive after hours event for just two adults and two kids. Anyone else feel like this? I have gone to the last four MNSSHP and enjoyed every one but the cost to me has gotten out of hand.

Disney05

I might go this year but the price is now over $50 for admission to this party. Granted it is well done and a lot of fun but this seems like a real expensive after hours event for just two adults and two kids. Anyone else feel like this? I have gone to the last four MNSSHP and enjoyed every one but the cost to me has gotten out of hand.
I agree. But this will be the first time we go to this so we just sucked it up and paid.

Main Street USA

Yeah, check out this thread for a discussion about the price:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=304980

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom