Hall of Presidents Update 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disstevefan1

You think those Imagineering videos can just be created at the drop of a hat? Money needs to be secured. Palms need to be greased. Approvals are required. Scripts need to be written (and revised, and re-written, and re-revised, and then read, re-read, revised, read again... you get the idea). Equipment needs to be reserved. Calendar entries sent out. It's a massive undertaking to create even the most basic 5-minute video. Then there's the marketing and PR fluff, social campaigns... All to satisfy your personal whims. Sheesh.
Hire a Disney Vlogger to do it. They will turn something around in a week ;)

SteveAZee

Hoping they never get rid of HoP, in its current form it works great for everyone, which is what we need more of (not less).

Here’s my question: how many presidents can they fit on stage? Does the show have a hard expiration, assuming its continuation and the nation’s?

What’s the number, 60 presidents? 75?
I think they start doubling up, i.e. two heads per animatronic body.

Two heads.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did they? I’m surprised I hadn’t heard - although I haven’t seen it since the Obama version.
The Biden AA just does the oath of office without an additional speech. I don’t find the oath of office either controversial or in any way offensive but if people really can’t handle seeing a robot pretend to say those words they could just eliminate that part and go with role call and then Washington/Lincoln speaking.

Sir_Cliff

hall of presidents jamboree? i can see animatronic presidents singing neil diamond’s america, james brown’s living in america. animatronic bill clinton playing the saxophone. i have good & bad images in my head already.
Surely you mean you can see animatronic presidents singing Be Our Guest, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, What Else Can I Do, Un Poco Loco, Let's Go Fly a Kite, and, of course, You've Got a Friend in Me?

co10064

Premium Member
Don’t come for me, but the Hall of Presidents is my favorite animatronic show at WDW (only a few left, now).

In order for it to survive much longer, I think it would be wise for the next POTUS (whoever that may be) to not be prominently featured.

Disney should put out a statement ahead of this election (or perhaps delay it to the next election), saying that the show is “evolving,” and that no matter who wins, they will not have a speaking role… they will merely be featured in roll call.

TrainsOfDisney

Which is why I said the time to make the change might have been four years ago, when it was two white guys. Avoids the optics of "silencing" someone who represents a first.
They did make a significant change 4 years ago. No speech, only the oath of office.

I’ll also mention that I think the oath actually makes it less divisive - if they “announce” the current president (that goes for them all, I’m not singling one out) that gives an audience a chance to react. By stopping short of the current president and going into Washington’s speech which flows into the oath, it’s much less likely that people will interrupt something as sacred as the oath of office.

Honestly it’s an incredibly clever theatrical way to solve several issues.

Vegas Disney Fan

They should be able to speak, but people are too immature these days. They literally had to have security in the theater for most of Trump's presidency because they were afraid of people acting out, possibly vandalizing a robot. For what it's worth, such arrangements are not necessary during Biden's tenure.
In all the time I‘ve been going to WDW I can’t recall a single time there hasn’t been boos and/or cheering during the Presidents speech, nearly 20 years of immature people turning the show into a circus.

Political civility ended in the 90s and has been steadily getting worse and worse ever since.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In all the time I‘ve been going to WDW I can’t recall a single time there hasn’t been boos and/or cheering during the Presidents speech, nearly 20 years of immature people turning the show into a circus.

Political civility ended in the 90s and has been steadily getting worse and worse ever since.

I believe the opening spiel from the CM even states to try to keep silent during the show until the end or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom