Hall of Presidents Update 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Captain Barbossa

The current president is no longer seeking re-election, not resigning. I’ve already seen way too many people within the last 3 hours think they’re the same thing. Unless something happens between now and January 20, 2025, he’ll finish his term. But if something were to happen and he was no longer able to finish his term, there’s absolutely no way they can just throw his successor in the show at the snap of a finger like some think.

lazyboy97o

Im inclined to agree with this. However here's a question maybe its more for Martin, but when the attraction was originally designed, did they include any "what if" plans in the process for the future of the show for possible incidents that could occur? Such as a president stepping down etc. I mean obviously said president stays in the show, but if someone steps in his place does Disney automatically go into design mode and make plans for an unplanned animatronic etc? Because 2 new animatronics within a few months of each other would be a huge expense for TDO, we know how they are about that. harris could step in now, and get an animatronic next year, but then whoever wins if she doesn't run and wins, would also get one, if Trump doesn't win. etc
They dealt with a president resigning and leaving office three years after it opened. That show though did not include the current president speaking.

The attraction being updated isn’t one singular uniform process. It’s different each time which means how it would be handled in whatever scenario would be unique to that moment in time.

Captain Barbossa

No reason for the attraction to go away. They already eliminated the POTUS speech part and if they needed to could also eliminate the oath of office though I don’t see why that would be necessary. The attraction is much more about history than current politics.
I’d be more than fine if they continue the current president not giving a speech but still recite the Oath of Office. Come up with a new, additional speech for Washington or Lincoln.

Disney Analyst

I mean eventually they’ll run out of room for AAs, right? I say include a gaggle of AAs, rest can be on portraits in the back, have Lincoln give a speech. The end.

Brian

I mean eventually they’ll run out of room for AAs, right? I say include a gaggle of AAs, rest can be on portraits in the back, have Lincoln give a speech. The end.
I think the show will have gone by the wayside before they run out of space because of too many POTUSes.

SplashJacket

Hoping they never get rid of HoP, in its current form it works great for everyone, which is what we need more of (not less).

Here’s my question: how many presidents can they fit on stage? Does the show have a hard expiration, assuming its continuation and the nation’s?

What’s the number, 60 presidents? 75?

mysto

No reason for the attraction to go away.

Lots of people like HOP. And lots of people liked all the other attractions that went away! That's proof HOP is going away! Look at all this evidence. Mr. Mysto has spoken.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No reason for the attraction to go away. They already eliminated the POTUS speech part and if they needed to could also eliminate the oath of office though I don’t see why that would be necessary. The attraction is much more about history than current politics.
They should turn it into a table service restaurant -- 46 booths, each with its own Presidential animatronic, muttering historic facts about their time(s) in office, making witty conversation, and suggesting period-appropriate meal choices to the diners. Vary the menu among the booths to match popular cuisine from each president's era. Every 45 minutes, stage a political convention-themed musical revue, and all the animatronics could join in on the musical numbers.

Call it The Presidential Prandial Pavilion, and charge $99 per adult, $65 for kids under 10.

Every four years, they can add another booth/table.

TrainsOfDisney

This may sound like a stupid question and I’m pretty sure I know the answer, but, the Lincoln AA that gives the Gettysburg Address is the same Lincoln AA that’s on stage with the other presidents, right?
I can’t say I’m 100% certain but I always thought that was the case, and a clever double use of the AA.

It’s a lovely nod to the original Moments with Lincoln and it also breaks up the screen time of the presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom