Hall of Presidents Update 2025

Brian

So what would happen if Joe steps down as President and Kamala finishes the term?

Does she get an animatronic?
I'm almost certain no, not until after the inauguration. It takes months to sculpt and roll out a new AA.

This is all assuming the current HoP format continues.

Trauma

I'm almost certain no, not until after the inauguration. It takes months to sculpt and roll out a new AA.

So what if she serves as President but is not even the candidate?

She could also be the candidate and lose.

But she was still President.

So do we get 2 animatronics after inauguration ?

Phicinfan

Going to disagree.
IF Harris completes Biden’s term, she will get one, as did Getald Ford.

My guess is nothing would change until post election, as if she gets nominated and wins she gets one anyway.

If she isn’t nominated or loses, they will add her in when they update with the winner

Lilofan

Going to disagree.

My guess is nothing would change until post election, as if she gets nominated and wins she gets one anyway.

If she isn’t nominated or loses, they will add her in when they update with the winner
WDI then better be designing a future pants suit.

Brian

So what if she serves as President but is not even the candidate?

She could also be the candidate and lose.

But she was still President.

So do we get 2 animatronics after inauguration ?
Well, my prediction was based on a scenario in which Biden steps down and Harris becomes POTUS this week (it remains to be seen whether or not that will happen), but loses the election in November. With a scheduled closure anticipated for January, it wouldn't make sense to close the HoP now to install Harris, only to close it again a few weeks later to install Trump. It takes several months minimum to sculpt and build a new AA for Harris.

My theory, if it were to go down as described, would be that they would keep it open in it's current form, then close as scheduled in January for the inauguration, and then debut both Harris and revamped Trump AAs. Of course, given the rancor, I sadly wouldn't be surprised to see the current form of the HoP go away entirely.

As many political commentators are saying, this is rather unprecedented and fluid, so I'm sure Disney is waiting to see how the chips will fall before committing to any investment.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Time to do the right thing... and have Sam the Eagle as the host and only speaking role...

The Muppets Sam GIF

Brian

Going to disagree.

That's my point. Whether she becomes POTUS because Biden resigns/is removed, or wins in November, she will get an AA. It just wouldn't make sense to debut one until after the election, or more likely, after the inauguration (based on precedent).

TeriofTerror

Well, my prediction was based on a scenario in which Biden steps down and Harris becomes POTUS this week (it remains to be seen whether or not that will happen), but loses the election in November. With a scheduled closure anticipated for January, it wouldn't make sense to close the HoP now to install Harris, only to close it again a few weeks later to install Trump. It takes several months minimum to sculpt and build a new AA for Harris.

My theory, if it were to go down as described, would be that they would keep it open in it's current form, then close as scheduled in January for the inauguration, and then debut both Harris and revamped Trump AAs. Of course, given the rancor, I sadly wouldn't be surprised to see the current form of the HoP go away entirely.

As many political commentators are saying, this is rather unprecedented and fluid, so I'm sure Disney is waiting to see how the chips will fall before committing to any investment.
Is anyone else tired of living in unprecedented times? I feel like I could do with a little more precedent.

mergatroid

Noticed the last couple of times I've watched this show there people muttering things which I don't recall happening in the past? Was a guy doing that cough and say a word thing that you did as a kid, he was fairly near so I clearly heard him. Somebody turned and stared and he cut it out. The other time I just heard mumbling, could have even been some guy telling his kid off as it was on the other side but a cast member went over and the family left. Sad that the current climate makes me think it was more political reasons than a family dispute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom