Hall of Presidents This Year

EnergyKing

Completely disagree here. HOP is about the past, present, and how the collective efforts of all on stage will help bridge us into the future..

Yea, I changed my mind about that. However, I don't think every new President should automatically get a speech. I think that's what makes it gimmicky and takes away the somewhat timeless feel, especially since we're bombarded nonstop with news from Washington. No one alive today has ever seen Lincoln deliver a speech, and I believe that's why it works with him; it taps into that timeless realm in the way that other great Disney attractions do.

Goofyernmost

Yea, I changed my mind about that. However, I don't think every new President should automatically get a speech. I think that's what makes it gimmicky and takes away the somewhat timeless feel, especially since we're bombarded nonstop with news from Washington. No one alive today has ever seen Lincoln deliver a speech, and I believe that's why it works with him; it taps into that timeless realm in the way that other great Disney attractions do.
I tend to agree with you there, not to mention that the attraction wouldn't have to be closed as long either. Didn't the sculptor for the HoP just pass away recently? If so, I wonder who will replace him?

FigmentPigments

Eventually, though they'll have to expand the attraction. I can't image 50 years from now, the Hall would have room for 12 new Presidents (that's if each President is only elected once). The whole introduction of all the Presidents could take 20 minutes. ;) Personally, I think they could stop with the new AA every time a new president is elected, and just have Abe Lincoln speak. It would kind of hearken back to the day of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, but I guess that would change the entire premise of the attraction.:D

Dartha Stewart

Personally, I think they could stop with the new AA every time a new president is elected, and just have Abe Lincoln speak.
Abe is my favorite president too, and I agree he should be given a speaking role in any future version of the attraction. BUT, they should never quit adding new AA's to represent future presidents. That takes away from the whole meaning. Sure, they will certainly have to rearrange their positioning over time to fit everyone in, maybe even do away with the (at least full name) introductions. But every president up to the most recent should be on that stage somewhere in order for the attraction to carry it's intended message & purpose. If Disney cannot afford to shell out $$$ for one new AA figure every 4 or 8 years that, at bare minimum, stands & blinks...then something is incredibly wrong.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Eventually, though they'll have to expand the attraction. I can't image 50 years from now, the Hall would have room for 12 new Presidents (that's if each President is only elected once). The whole introduction of all the Presidents could take 20 minutes. ;) Personally, I think they could stop with the new AA every time a new president is elected, and just have Abe Lincoln speak. It would kind of hearken back to the day of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, but I guess that would change the entire premise of the attraction.:D

They can make the attraction like the Carousel of Progress, where each stage has different presidents. They can even group the presidents by their political party. That gives everyone an equal opportunity to boo their least favorite party. I personally would boo at the room for the Federalist Party presidents. They were the worst!! ;)

Goofyernmost

Abe is my favorite president too, and I agree he should be given a speaking role in any future version of the attraction. BUT, they should never quit adding new AA's to represent future presidents. That takes away from the whole meaning. Sure, they will certainly have to rearrange their positioning over time to fit everyone in, maybe even do away with the (at least full name) introductions. But every president up to the most recent should be on that stage somewhere in order for the attraction to carry it's intended message & purpose. If Disney cannot afford to shell out $$$ for one new AA figure every 4 or 8 years that, at bare minimum, stands & blinks...then something is incredibly wrong.
I see it as a sure thing that HoP will be updated at least every 4 to 8 years. Win-Win! But, we all like to complain so we can be upset if they upgrade and become current or if they don't update to become current. It's a crazy life.
Taft got stuck in the bathtub!
So did Mary Tyler Moore in the old DickVanDyke show. I would have paid good money to be the plumber in that one.

The Mom

Premium Member
You've gotten two warnings from moderators, plus the OP asked that you keep politics out of it. If it continues, warnings will be issued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom