hair dryers at moderate resorts

ryanduggers

how well do the hair dryers at the resorts work?
my wife is very particular about them and wants to bring her's along.
I am trying to convince her to leave it home, but no luck so far.
any comments or suggestions?

Some of you may already understand the relationship between an Italian woman and her hair dryer. (in ther words, a tough sell)

I don't want to take something that large if I don't need to.

:brick::confused:

lilclerk

I'm in the minority - I'm a woman who doesn't care about hair products (generally just toss my hair in a ponytail and go)... but even I don't like the hair dryers in the resorts. If she's particular about it, I'd say bring it.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have never met a hotel hair dryer that I actually liked. None of them have the power my one at home does.

Pack the hair dryer if you don't want to hear complaining about frizzy hair.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Well if your wife has as much hair as my friend does, then I would tell you to have her pack her own. My friend complained every day about how long it took to dry her hair and finally we found some products that helped style her hair and dry it in half the time to keep her happy, get us to the parks on time in the morning and the clubs at night. I'm sure you have heard the saying Happy Wife Happy Life! Let her pack her blow dryer.
BTW those products are called Curl Creme and Surf Spray from Bumble and Bumble if your interested!
They worked like a charm!

Upvote 0

TxNewsies

I agree, the hair dryers are not great. I still use them though for I always need the extra space in my suitcase for our trip home. Even for insanely thin, fine hair - it takes awhile to dry. But I suffer for the extra suitcase space for souviners to take home. =)

Upvote 0

Mystic

I actually find the hairdryers do a good job and I have fairly thick hair, granted it is short but my own personal hair dryer takes longer to dry my hair than the Disney hair dryers. Part of the reason I keep my hair short is because when it gets long it takes FOREVER to dry it. But with the Disney dryers it's dry in about 5 minutes, regardless of what level resort I'm staying at.

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

Trust me let her bring it!! I am leaving tomorrow for my trip and I already packed mine. It just makes everything easier.
Funny I leave Disney every trip for a day to drive down to Delray to visit my dads old Army buddy and you leave Delray to go to Disney.You are so lucky to live there.Im sure you go to WDW all the time living so close,have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

CSR has very good hair dryers. They are new with the rehab.

ir7r78.jpg

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Let her bring her own. No matter how good or bad the hair dryer is it will be different from what she is use to and therefore bad.

Upvote 0

goofykt

I agree with the majority...let her bring her dryer from home.

Hotel dryers usually have about as much power as a wet noodle. I'd be 100 years old by the time one of those things finished drying my giant red fro of hair.

Upvote 0

eroyee

If you want a magical disney vacation then let her bring her hairdryer from home. Leave something else out. Believe me, you wont be sorry! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom