Hair bands on Everest

Daveeeeed

I wonder why Disney doesn't have a sign up in the queue not to throw hair bands on any part of the attraction. Clearly they don't think this is a big issue, even though it looks tacky & trashy,

danyoung56

In my opinion, if they put a sign up the problem would be worse, as teens would read it and see that it's a thing and want to participate. I think the only thing Disney can do is be a little more proactive in cleaning the area. As soon as a teen sees a few scrunchies, they'll want to join in and then you have a LOT of scrunchies.

cheesecake

I saw it as kind of a "throwing pennies in a fountain" type of thing. Like leaving your mark. It's dumb though, and inconsiderate to the CMs who have to clean it up. It looks tacky and distracting, especially since you're paused there for a minute.

Also, I always find myself without a hair tie when I need one, so I wouldn't want to waste them!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Wouldn't it technically be a safety issue? With the tracks and such... If there was enough of them to fall down.

Also I think a sign would help... Only if it included a description telling people that the result would be removal from the park.

Scrungo

I wonder why Disney doesn't have a sign up in the queue not to throw hair bands on any part of the attraction. Clearly they don't think this is a big issue, even though it looks tacky & trashy,
Expecting Disney guests to read a sign is expecting a bit too much.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
ive actually thrown one up there! ;) It's just for fun and a way of "staying in Disney" I guess...
tumblr_od1a65qzQh1rwpwk7o1_500.gif

LadyBirdV

I often see in CO.

I assumed it was the same thing as the Bra Tree as well - and it's not just a CO thing, we have many at VT ski areas as well. Saw one at Jackson Hole WY last year too. That there's the same thing off the chairlift at Blizzard Beach kind of confirms it. I guess it's not as offensive if you're used to seeing that kind of thing when you're on a snowy mountain. It's an offering to the snow god for more snow !

There's even a website for it : http://www.mountainyahoos.com/BrasBeadsAndShoeTrees.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom