Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

Tom Morrow

Looking at reports, my guess would be to try later in the day, or attempt to make it the last ride of the night (assuming the queue doesn't close early). As others are reporting the single rider line may not be any quicker, depending how long it and the main queue are.
I've been checking the app to see when the queue closes because I want to ride again and prefer to wait until the evening, and what's frustrating is they arbitrarily close the line too. Sometimes as early as 7:30, other times 9:00 (with 10:00 closings). So you don't know when it will open or close. To guarantee a ride, you'd probably want to be in line by 7:00-7:30 at the latest.

EricsBiscuit

Why is it that, when pressed to support your claims with specifics, you don’t? Is it because you know you’re out of your element and just can’t admit it?
You’re right. I have never worked at a theme park. But from the perspective of a theme park guest, the experience of getting kicked out of line multiple times and all the downtime was not fun. I get that it’s a new high tech ride. Which is why they should have had more soft openings and technical rehearsals. I also understand they wanted to tie the opening to the books. It’s amazing how some people dismiss legitimate criticism by saying I’m a Disney die hard. If that were the case, I wouldn’t have held a Uni AP for around 15 years. I criticize Disney and Uni when each deserve it. That said, I really enjoyed the ride. It’s right up there with EE for best coaster in Orlando IMO.

JusticeDisney

You’re right. I have never worked at a theme park. But from the perspective of a theme park guest, the experience of getting kicked out of line multiple times and all the downtime was not fun. I get that it’s a new high tech ride. Which is why they should have had more soft openings and technical rehearsals. I also understand they wanted to tie the opening to the books. It’s amazing how some people dismiss legitimate criticism by saying I’m a Disney die hard. If that were the case, I wouldn’t have held a Uni AP for around 15 years. I criticize Disney and Uni when each deserve it. That said, I really enjoyed the ride. It’s right up there with EE for best coaster in Orlando IMO.
Just out of curiosity, which of those two coasters is better in your opinion?

Rich Brownn

Well, softs were planned. Everything was going smooth during testing, they locked a date and then ... something happened (I still never heard exactly what) that brought everything to a halt. Unfortunately you can't just reschedule actors, media and such on a whim so now they were stuck.

EricsBiscuit

Well, softs were planned. Everything was going smooth during testing, they locked a date and then ... something happened (I still never heard exactly what) that brought everything to a halt. Unfortunately you can't just reschedule actors, media and such on a whim so now they were stuck.
Interesting

Rich Brownn

Things often go awry when a new complex ride opens. Heck, at EPCOT alone Universe of Energy didn't run reliably for a year, Spaceship Earth required someone to manual turn the cars for a year due to issues and Imagination never actually ran correct in its entire run. :)

Tony Perkis

I dismissed your “legitimate criticisms” because, in the past, you’ve disparaged Universal as the lesser of the two properties while wearing pixie tinted glasses that would make Elton John jealous. It’s hard to take opinions like that seriously.

Additionally, please stop using “kicked people out of the line after hours” as if that’s the standard. That’s the anomaly that Universal needs to address on a case by case basis, so don’t pretend that’s the rule. That’d be extraordinary bad optics that would make much larger headlines on social media if it were the de facto solution, which it isn’t.

And, and this one is iffy because Jim Hill is the the Breitbart of theme park bloggers, the problem is much deeper than simply whether they soft opened early enough. So, the solution is limited hours while trying to entertain people who spent money on vacations, or close indefinitely and nearly everyone off.

EricsBiscuit

I dismissed your “legitimate criticisms” because, in the past, you’ve disparaged Universal as the lesser of the two properties while wearing pixie tinted glasses that would make Elton John jealous. It’s hard to take opinions like that seriously.

Additionally, please stop using “kicked people out of the line after hours” as if that’s the standard. That’s the anomaly that Universal needs to address on a case by case basis, so don’t pretend that’s the rule. That’d be extraordinary bad optics that would make much larger headlines on social media if it were the de facto solution, which it isn’t.

And, and this one is iffy because Jim Hill is the the Breitbart of theme park bloggers, the problem is much deeper than simply whether they soft opened early enough. So, the solution is limited hours while trying to entertain people who spent money on vacations, or close indefinitely and **** nearly everyone off.
I feel bad for the people not as fortunate as I am who are not able to come back as often. They’ve spent thousands of dollars to see Hagrid bc Uni’s marketing is telling them it’s open only to find it darn near impossible to ride.

Rich Brownn

I feel bad for the people not as fortunate as I am who are not able to come back as often. They’ve spent thousands of dollars to see Hagrid bc Uni’s marketing is telling them it’s open only to find it darn near impossible to ride.
If they're dumb enough to spend thousands of dollars to ride one ride.....

Tony Perkis

Ha.

That’s a lie. You’re attempting to seem sympathetic in this thread, but your other attempts to do the same in other subs have been suspect, at the very best.

Don’t be a fake sympathizer. You’re not a good enough actor to pull it off.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

I live close (obviously) and I’ve tried three times so far to ride and was only successful once. People keep bringing up Pandora, and while it had its hiccups, it wasn’t like this. This is the roughest opening in Orlando in recent (10-15 years) memory. However I think Universal is doing the best they can with a bad situation.
Completely agree with that assessment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I live close (obviously) and I’ve tried three times so far to ride and was only successful once. People keep bringing up Pandora, and while it had its hiccups, it wasn’t like this. This is the roughest opening in Orlando in recent (10-15 years) memory. However I think Universal is doing the best they can with a bad situation.

FEA was pretty bad with constant breakdowns daily and for months. I don't know whether to judge it as worse...

flynnibus

Premium Member
The difference in other opening was... once you got past the 'stupid long waits in the first week' - if you were willing to wait a long time, you would usually get a ride in. At hagrids, even tolerance for waiting won't guarantee you a ride.

The lack of dedicated early openings is the main difference IMO. Early openings gives those with ambition the ability to ride... so all the 'must do' people can get it done. But here with the late openings and weather closures.. it can be crap shoot.

Tom Morrow

The difference in other opening was... once you got past the 'stupid long waits in the first week' - if you were willing to wait a long time, you would usually get a ride in. At hagrids, even tolerance for waiting won't guarantee you a ride.

The lack of dedicated early openings is the main difference IMO. Early openings gives those with ambition the ability to ride... so all the 'must do' people can get it done. But here with the late openings and weather closures.. it can be crap shoot.
Not to mention, the time the queue opens and closes changes every day. I'm fine with opening late and closing early if that's what it takes to get the thing running correctly, but I think a defined opening and closing time needs to be set. In other words, if the ride is operational, guarantee the ability to queue up between 1:00 PM and 2 hours before park close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom