Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
UO: Pandora had long waits? That's nice. Hey Disney, hold our beer.

NEixWD5.png

Bob Harlem

They are giving out icewater and have a DJ in the longest outdoor section of the special extended queue (behind Posiedon). The queue is FULL and going beyond even this (attachment) now into Marvel: It's moving at least, although at that long ride delays/weather delays are going to have a big impact on ultimate times.

pottaline.png

JT3000

That’s more than double what I waited for Flight of Passage on opening day, and that was the longest I’ve ever waited for anything. Which is why I’m not there today. That’s a big nope.

But I will be there tomorrow.

I was honestly a bit torn; part of me wanted today to go smoothly, with surprisingly manageable waits, because it would bode well for me tomorrow. The other part of me wanted to see complete havoc, because sometimes I just want to watch the world burn. Looks like I got the latter. Hey, maybe everyone who wants to ride is only there for the day? 😬

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
That’s more than double what I waited for Flight of Passage on opening day, and that was the longest I’ve ever waited for anything. Which is why I’m not there today. That’s a big nope.

But I will be there tomorrow.

I was honestly a bit torn; part of me wanted today to go smoothly, with surprisingly manageable waits, because it would bode well for me tomorrow. The other part of me wanted to see complete havoc, because sometimes I just want to see the world burn. Looks like I got the latter. Hey, maybe everyone who wants to ride is only there for the day? 😬

Big nope for me today as well, but I think it would have been fun to go and see the crowd without waiting in line.

DisneyfanMA

WHo would pay all that money to bake in a 10 hour line? So you go all day and see nothing else? Also standing that long is torture. Seems insane to me. I guess everyone has a cutoff for ride lines. For me i'd say 3 hours max, and that would be rare.

Hoping to catch this ride in about 18 mos with family trip, hoping a mid week Nov 2020 visit won't be more than 3 hours! :)

RandySavage

Massive improvement for IoA over Dragon Challenge, IMO. The one big misstep was not making the painted drop building exterior look like moss-covered Abbey ruins or natural rockwork (which would be a minor cost increase, in terms of total budge), as it sticks out like a sore thumb from the queue and on-ride. Exit sign placement is a bit distracting inside the drop building.

Regardless, looks like a hit.

Unexpected highlight: how good Hogsmeade/Hogwarts look from various points on the coaster.

Last edited:

Tonto

Massive improvement for IoA over Dragon Challenge, IMO. The one big misstep was not making the painted drop building exterior look like moss-covered Abbey ruins (which would be a miniscule cost increase, in terms of total budge), as it really sticks out like a soar thumb from the queue and on-ride.

Regardless, looks like a hit.
I’ll admit videos are usually not a good gauge of rides. I’ll be down there in a couple months. Can’t wait to ride it then. Will be fun!!!
From where I stand now, I would easily put this as the 3rd best HP ride at Universal. Even Escape from Gringotts although it could of been better; the queue and overall theming blows this out of the water.

DisneyfanMA

Looks awesome.

Minor quibbles from me as a spoiled brat: I agree with others that the painted side of the building is kind of cheesy. Seems they could do better at minimal cost here. Perhaps they will or are waiting for natural tree growth. Thought show scenes would be a tad more. Like a lot how there is narration and the motorbike sound effects on the ride vehicles, great idea. Fog scene is cool. Perhaps a light fog or something more around the unicorns at the very end, they kind of looked cheesy to me. I bet this ride is even better at night! Looking forward to that video later tonight I'm sure.

Anyway cannot wait to ride this soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom