Had to postpone, how would you cope..

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Very sad this morning. I have a trip booked for the 23rd feb, but unfortunately due to money troubles we are just not going to be able to afford it. :(

Thankfully virgin holidays have allowed us to move our holiday to later in the year, so that we wont lose any money. But I am so depressed about it, and now its going to be over a year before we go.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? How can I get back on to my disney high?

disney magic 06

That's really sad. It may help a little to think how you'll be feeling in March. Your original trip would have been over, and it'll be count down to your revised one, and everything to look forward to! :wave:

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

I had a similar occurrence last year and I had already purchased tickets to Mickey's Merry Christmas Party. Then, trouble hit and I had to cancel. I found that looking at pictures of Disney World (including accommodations) at allears.net and mousesteps.com helped and then focusing on the next opportunity. It's not nearly as fun but it helps a little. :shrug:

Upvote 0

John

You are not alone, I too had to postpone my annual trip. As sad as it makes me feel, I know I will return soon. I have already started to plan my next trip. I intend to take my grandaughter for her first trip to WDW. That is my silver lining. I hope you can find yours.

Upvote 0

nicnic

We too had to postpone our trip from 2009 to 2010 due to money (everything broke at once!) Virgin Holidays were great about it.
Yes I was very sad not to be going when our date came round and having to wait another whole year, this site kept me going!
Just looking at the pictures, trip reports, it gave me the fix I needed.
I was so pleased we didn't try and go with what we had as we had such a great time knowing we could do everything we wanted and DD wanted for nothing, it was well worth the extra years saving.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I've had to push off trips at least a few times. It happens. Don't look at it in terms of what you're not doing because technically you aren't losing a thing. You're just going at a different time. So start looking for all the things you'll be able to do on your new dates (like a Halloween party or Christmas party, Food & Wine festival, etc.) that you wouldn't have done on the trip you had previously planned. Get excited re-planning, picking your ADR list, etc. At least you didn't have to cancel altogether, right?

Ooooohhh...and it's more time to get yourself ready! **wink**wink**

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

so sorry....

Oh, I am so sorry angelbunni! The only thing I can say is that you now have something wonderful to look forward to. But I feel for you. I would be devastated if we had to cancel. However, I also firmly believe everything happens for a reason and you may not find out why immediately, but in the end you'll know.

Hang in there!! :wave:

Upvote 0

draybook

I know the feeling. We had a trip booked for September of 2010, but had to cancel less than 45 days in because of my daughter's cheerleading. Fortunately, they were heading to WDW in March for the UCA competition so we just stayed an extra week after that. Of course I never want to go during peak season again, but it almost made up for missing out in September.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We had to cancel a trip once a couple of years ago, because we couldn't afford it at the time. On the plus side, shortly after that we started receiving PIN code emails from Disney Destinations.

Upvote 0

goofysgurl

We just postponed our trip as well. We were due to arrive on 9/24 and now we are set for 3/31. Of course I'm already back in the planning stage - which has it's perks because I plan om making all my ADR's the first day I'm allowed :). And, even my son said it, at least we still have something to look forward to.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

We postponed too, should've been there in a few days, but the postponement was for good reasons - we're having another Slapperina. So it would be kind of "doo schnozzley" for me to stamp my foot and curl my lip that I had to delay a trip. What I'm more worried about is if I'll be conscious enough in the time leading up to the trip to make the reservations for meals.

Upvote 0

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
I
Ooooohhh...and it's more time to get yourself ready! **wink**wink**

Hehe you must have been reading a certain blog :)

Thanks for all your replies guys, I am feeling a bit better about it now. We are now going to be rescheduling for 20th Sept 2012. There are loads of good reasons why this will be good...(stick with me through this guys, trying to make myself feel better)..
1. Better Weather
2. A maybe fantasyland expansion might be open??
3. MNSSHP ..... hell yeah!
4. Much smaller Angelbunni (hence the blog)

Its only six months after the original trip and hey what's a year between friends ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom