Guests at Pools

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Exactly. It does not hurt to ask.

If you don't ask, they can't say, "yes". :)

One reason they've gotten strict at WL about pool access is due to the closure of the old Hidden Springs pool, leaving the resort with only one pool.

DVC members can pool hop at any DVC resort with limitations - I'm not sure they are allowing pool hopping to WL right now.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If you don't ask, they can't say, "yes". :)

One reason they've gotten strict at WL about pool access is due to the closure of the old Hidden Springs pool, leaving the resort with only one pool.

DVC members can pool hop at any DVC resort with limitations - I'm not sure they are allowing pool hopping to WL right now.

..but ..but ..the signs.

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
Heck, I'd just put 'em on my reservation...

Our reservations are tied together on My Disney Experience. We booked everything through the same travel agent together. Doubt that matters though.

What is this about a $10 fee?

At any rate, sorry for the "unmagical" topic.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Our reservations are tied together on My Disney Experience. We booked everything through the same travel agent together. Doubt that matters though.

Don't worry about it, and don't let a few bad eggs (or in this case one bad egg) bring you down.

21stamps

I'm hoping someone else here I could answer that question, but I think there is an extra fee if there is more than two adults in a room. But, I'm pretty sure it's something like $10, so if it is -then the easiest thing to do would just be adding them as guests at the resort for one night only. You can do that at the resort, you don't have to do it through my Disney experience. You can also have it notated on your reservation ahead of time.

Cookie Galore

I'm hoping someone else here I could answer that question, but I think there is an extra fee if there more than two adults in a room. But, I'm pretty sure it's something like $10, so if it is -then the easiest thing to do would just be adding them as gas at the resort for one night only. You can do that at the resort, you don't have to do it through my Disney experience
It's $25 a night per adult over the initial 2 in a regular sized room at a deluxe.

Also- the people arguing that it's perfectly fine to bring a few guests, I'm wondering if you've ever actually tried to do this yourself or if you just give out advice because it makes sense to you ? My past few trips, the pools have been monitored, Magicbands scanned (even the baby) whether it was crowded or not. Anyone not registered at the specific resort was turned away. I don't see where the wiggle room is here.
Now the OP's case may be somewhat different since she has several children and her parents might be able to help supervise. We once used a Disney endorsed sitter service and the sitter was allowed to help at the pool so maybe the OP's situation would be similar. I don't know.

21stamps

It's $25 a night per adult over the initial 2 in a regular sized room at a deluxe.

Also- the people arguing that it's perfectly fine to bring a few guests, I'm wondering if you've ever actually tried to do this yourself or if you just give out advice because it makes sense to you ? My past few trips, the pools have been monitored, Magicbands scanned (even the baby) whether it was crowded or not. Anyone not registered at the specific resort was turned away. I don't see where the wiggle room is here.
Now the OP's case may be somewhat different since she has several children and her parents might be able to help supervise. We once used a Disney endorsed sitter service and the sitter was allowed to help at the pool so maybe the OP's situation would be similar. I don't know.

OK thanks! I thought I read someone say $10 but I don't remember where they were staying, so that's probably why. I've never had more than two adults in a room at Disney so I don't know all of the logistics.

$25 pp may or may not be worth it.

Laketravis

From just now:

Me: I have an upcoming stay at a Disney World resort and I have a friend who lives in Orlando. If they come to see me, will they be allowed in to the resort pool area if I accompany them?

Disney: That would be at the discretion of the resort. I know in particular Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort requires that each guest scan a MagicBand to get into the pool area, because that is a particularly popular pool.

Me: I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian

Disney: Typically the resort will be understanding, but I would double check with the front desk once you arrive to confirm.

21stamps

Hmm. I don't know about that. The GF beach pool can get packed. that's surprising that a cm would say that.

Curious though, the conversation is about Wilderness Lodge.. so why wouldn't you have asked about that property?

Last edited:

contrariwise

Hmm. I don't know about that. The GF beach pool can get packed. that's surprising that a cm would say that.

Curious though, the conversation is about Wilderness Lodge.. so why wouldn't you have asked about that property?

This is precisely why the OP (and anyone else interested) should ask a CM at the particular resort once on property. Someone (presumably) just called and checked, and you are second-guessing the answer they got. It doesn't matter what you or the self-appointed armchair Disney police think. It's up to the discretion of the resort to enforce their rules to the nth degree or not. Exceptions are made every day.

OP - if the resort says it's ok, go for it. Life is too short to worry about some guy's opinion on a message board. Have a great trip!

21stamps

This is precisely why the OP (and anyone else interested) should ask a CM at the particular resort once on property. Someone (presumably) just called and checked, and you are second-guessing the answer they got. It doesn't matter what you or the self-appointed armchair Disney police think. It's up to the discretion of the resort to enforce their rules to the nth degree or not. Exceptions are made every day.

OP - if the resort says it's ok, go for it. Life is too short to worry about some guy's opinion on a message board. Have a great trip!

I just found it a little odd that he would ask about the GF specifically. WL has one pool open, not two.. so it would have made more sense to ask about the actual resort in question.

But I agree, the best thing to do is ask at the resort itself. I agree with @Cookie Galore , the op should say that they are helping with the kids.. I think that could help.

I would definitely ask for some kind of wrist band. If the front desk says "ok", and then that person leaves.. then the band scanners come, that could be a mess not worth dealing with. A wrist band or something would be the best route.

Cookie Galore

I would definitely ask for some kind of wrist band. If the front desk says "ok", and then that person leaves.. then the band scanners come, that could be a mess not worth dealing with. A wrist band or something would be the best route.
The attendant at the pool gate has wrist bands. If you put one on it keeps you from having to have your Magicband rescanned if you go in and out (to the restroom or whatever). They change up the color day to day. This would serve for someone in @21stamps' situation, where the person giving special permission may have gone off duty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom